Author Topic: The level pack topic  (Read 6450 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
The level pack topic
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:51:39 PM »
If you upolded a level pack
Link them here
Want to talk about your level
go ahead
Go nuts!!!
Heres my latest level pack
http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=157

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: The level pack topic
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
I just finished making a replica of one of my favorite levels in Lemmings PSP in LemEdit.

http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=204

You can see the PSP version of that level here: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=122.0

It's not 100% the same as it's PSP counterpart because some of the terrains and traps works differently in LemEdit compare to the one in the PSP Lemmings. The Noose Trap in the PC of this level is easier to avoid. In the PSP version, that part of the level is the hardest. But in the PC version of Temple of Return, it's no longer the big trap of the level. I beaten the level once. It took a lot of tries because I kept making mistakes.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 03:31:30 AM »
Nice one

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 05:11:59 AM »
I beat Temple of Return again. When I make a level, I will make the time limit big. Then after I beat it, I will check how time is left and I will lower it more and more. This is to keep me from stalling too much and waiting for the right moment to make a move for too long. I always wanted to see how that level will look like with the SNES Lemmings graphics. I want to remake my small levels but my PSP D-pad and joystick doesn't work and I forgot how to beat them. 

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:16:03 AM »
Heh... now I kinda wish I'd tried a little harder to get the real levelpack thread stickied. :-\

You could try remaking those levels anyway - someone will figure out how to solve them :P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:36 PM »
Cool, will definitely give it a try sometime this week.

[edit: wait a minute, where do I go to download your level? ???]

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 10:30:09 PM »
My level is here called Luis Pack: http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 04:05:21 AM »
Could you put more levels in

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 07:58:47 AM »
Did anyone beat "Temple of Return" yet? I mean the new updated one because I fixed something there.

I could try remaking this one since it's small and it's one of the levels that I took pictures of when my PSP was still 100% functional. I am getting another PSP though. 

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 09:13:42 AM »
Given how dead the forum has been lately, don't expect immediate activity around your levels. :-\

For example, I just wrapped up some work and came home past midnight. :( I don't expect my week to improve significantly from that until the upcoming weekend, then I'll try the level.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 10:46:09 AM »
You've also got to consider that some people really don't like the longer levels... myself included. I'm mostly a fan of the shorter, fun but challenging ones.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »
According to the levels I see in the Lemmings Archive, it looks like everyone only makes small levels. I'll remake the small levels of mine. I feel rewarded when I beat my hard and long levels, since I have a lot of free time to play long games.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 12:24:45 AM »
Luis here it is
"The Great pillar (Lemmix ver.)"

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 12:45:09 AM »
According to the levels I see in the Lemmings Archive, it looks like everyone only makes small levels. I'll remake the small levels of mine. I feel rewarded when I beat my hard and long levels, since I have a lot of free time to play long games.

Don't feel like you have to make small levels.  What you see in Lemmigs Archive pretty much just means most of us are lazy. :P I mean really, it's just the physics of time--larger levels take longer to make and to playtest, so there is naturally bound to be a higher number of smaller levels, especially when the incentive is mainly fun as opposed to profit.

I might actually have some free time tonight (gasp!) so, that would be the perfect time for me to try your long level.  I do have to say, from the first look of it I can actually see why you might've started off with a time limit of 15 minutes.  Not sure whether I'd consider it a good thing or not--we'll see. :P

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 07:03:08 AM »
I like that remake of "The Great Pillar". :thumbsup: It looks just like the real one, except for that one terrain that is too close to the left entrance. But it doesn't matter since it doesn't effect what you need to do in that level.

Don't feel like you have to make small levels.  What you see in Lemmigs Archive pretty much just means most of us are lazy. :P I mean really, it's just the physics of time--larger levels take longer to make and to playtest, so there is naturally bound to be a higher number of smaller levels, especially when the incentive is mainly fun as opposed to profit.

I might actually have some free time tonight (gasp!) so, that would be the perfect time for me to try your long level.  I do have to say, from the first look of it I can actually see why you might've started off with a time limit of 15 minutes.  Not sure whether I'd consider it a good thing or not--we'll see. :P

Yeah it took me like two weeks to remake my long level. I kept finding too many errors and misplaced terrains and I was going back and forth in LemEdit to Customized Lemmings to playtest it many times. It was like a chore. I startled off with a big time limit to see how fast I can beat it. If I beat it too quick, I will lower the timer.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.