Author Topic: The level pack topic  (Read 6467 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: The level pack topic
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 07:19:36 AM »
I might actually have some free time tonight (gasp!) so, that would be the perfect time for me to try your long level.

I've given it a quick try.  Nice level! :thumbsup: Haven't actually solved it yet, but I definitely like the overall concept of it.  It was a pretty well thought-out puzzle with many parts to tackle, slowly working out how many lemmings you might need to take from the left side to help out with trailblazing for the right side.  The skills allocation also seems to work pretty well, neither too overly generous nor too harsh.  All in all, makes for a pretty good puzzle-oriented level that emphasized logic rather than timing, luck, or minutae. 8)

As for the length...well, that definitely reminded me of one strong disadvantage of long levels--you make a mistake, boom it's back at the beginning.  Actually, it's not so bad now since advanced clones like Lemmix and LemmixPlayer now supports replays, so you no longer have to repeat the first 5 minutes of what you did before the stupid mistake you made at minute 6. ;)  But yeah, now I kinda see why it would be that in all but the past year or two of custom Lemmings levels history, most levels have stayed on the short side.

Anyway, I'll continue to give it more time and tries later this week.  It would be great to see more remakes of your PSP levels. :thumbsup:

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: The level pack topic
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 09:07:45 AM »
Believe it or not, Temple of Return took me 3 months to make in the PSP. It was hard to think what terrains to put and how the level should look like so it can look nice and be hard to beat at the same time. I'm gonna remake the one in the picture since I can't check all my other levels with my messed up PSP unless I use my brother's.

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.