Author Topic: version's of lemmings :Different styles of grafic sets  (Read 6604 times)

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
Re: version's of lemmings :Different styles of grafic sets
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 12:30:13 PM »
Wow, that's fantastic! :thumbsup: How did you go about making it pixel perfect? By that, I mean did you use a paint program to compare?
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »
All right, I don't know what level minimac's remaking there, but this one should definitely look familiar.

This is a pixel-perfect remake of "Stepping Stones" (Mayhem 17) in the dirt tileset. (And be sure to let me know if it's not exact.)
Now thats what im talking about
try fall and no life with the brick tile set

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 03:24:30 PM »
Why don't you try Fall And No Life with the brick tile set?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 08:22:11 PM »
Wow, that's fantastic! :thumbsup: How did you go about making it pixel perfect? By that, I mean did you use a paint program to compare?

I just opened up two Lemmix windows and went back and forth between them. Most of the terrain is straight, so I used the x-y coordinates of the terrain pieces in the original to figure out where to put the eraser pieces. For the grassy bit I zoomed in really close and systematically went around it with eraser blocks.

And I'm glad you like it :)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »
How did you do that?  :o

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 04:07:57 AM »
It's actually remarkable easy for a level with straight terrain like this one. All you have to do is place a bunch of terrain pieces to cover up the required area, and then go over the unneeded bits with eraser blocks. Like I said, it's useful to refer to the x-y coordinates to make sure everything is in the right place. The screen-start viewer helps with the initial terrain placement too.

If you want a really easy one to try yourself, you could do "Tightrope City". ;) Other small levels with nothing but straight terrain aren't going to be much harder than this - they'll just take longer.