Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Guigui

#1
I sent email to the given address about 7 hours ago. But now I cant find it in my sent messages, so I just sent another one.
#2
I applied for Android playtest. Never played on anything on any mobile device until now, so I'll guess it can be a try and see if I like it...
#3
In Development / Re: X-tralems levels
September 26, 2026, 06:23:09 PM
I solved 16 levels by lemmkeev20 that I found here and there on the forum.
There are at least 2 more of them out there but I missed some style pieces to play them (the big one, there's two doors now ?)

They were nice little levels overall, with varied settings and not so varied solutions. Very low difficulty perfect for a relaxing lemmings time ! I often have many skills left and save more than requirement.

Keep up the work with level designing lemmkeev, and maybe post them in a more orderly fashion on the forum ;)
#4
NeoLemmix Levels / Re: Lemmings Plus Series
September 24, 2026, 04:04:40 PM
I have now cleared the whole Lemmings Plus Alpha pack by namida, pretty happy about that  8-)
Second and third rank of the pack are as good as the first one. Difficulty ranked up for sure, but maybe not as much as I expected, or is it that my skill increase ?

Joining my replays, I think there are some backroutes in there.
#5
In Development / Re: X-tralems levels
September 22, 2026, 04:26:14 PM
Hey there lemmkeev. I feel like trying your level one of these days because you seem to have created many of them.
I remember your posted some other ones in another part of the forum when you first suscribed. Can you post them here too so that we have all of them at the same place ?
#6
General Discussion / Re: General Comings and Goings
September 19, 2026, 10:34:20 PM
Congrats and good luck on your forum hiatus kaywhyn. This is not an easy thing to do when you're very used to visit here often, but you can do it.

Visiting the forum is not the biggest issue I encounter. To me it is rather playing the game up to very late at night.
So I set up a little program on my machine which kills every lemmings related applications at 1 a.m. It kind of works, and I do no longer count the number of times where I was so close to solve a level only to have NL get killed in my face  :forehead: Time for bed ! I'll solve the level tomorrow...  :sleep:
#7
This looks very interesting indeed, incredible job.
Though I'm sorry to be the first one to ask this : is it possible to run it on a Windows or Linux based computer ?
#8
Quote from: lemchip on September 11, 2026, 09:11:26 PMIt is interesting that it's possible, but then why not just make him a stoner INSTEAD of a blocker?

Blocker and stoner are definitely not the same skill. For instance in this particular level, the blocker needs to be walked on at some point. There are lots of other differences.
#9
Thank you for the answer Icho.
I was quite surprised to see that this was possible, but coming to think you can assign a bomber to a blocker, so why not ?
#10
Lemmings Plus Alpha by namida, Obliteration rank level 8. This level requires you to
Spoiler
turn a blocker into a stoner.


This is a nice trick and good level for sure, but I did not know this was possible. Did the NL Introduction Pack teach me this in one its level and I just forgot it ?
#11
In Development / Re: X-tralems levels
September 10, 2026, 11:09:33 AM
Welcome to the forum lemkeev20.
You're teasing people here with psychopatic difficulty levels. I'm a bit scared for now (and playing some other levels), but I'm sure high skill players around here will post solutions soon (I'm teasing them too ;))
#12
Same here with editor 2.2 and CE 1.1.3. Clicking the load replay button does not do anything.
It worked about some time ago though.
Maybe this has to do with the newly implemented "autosave-load" replays when using the editor that I asked for ?

This feature works great by the way; Flopsy have you tried to simply play the level ? The last replay you made for it should automatically load ; pretty handy when you create a level, play test, modify the level, playtest again and so on.
#13
NeoLemmix Styles / Re: Style updates topic
September 06, 2026, 01:21:46 PM
Great job Dexter. Will those be included in the style manager in NL, or do I have to download them manually ?
#14
In Development / Re: First Custom Levels: VexLems!
September 04, 2026, 11:47:03 PM
Some posts ago you asked what is to be done with the levels, and now I see that you've started working out the backroutes.
I must warn you that closing all backroutes and getting to a single solution level usually takes a ton of time and playtests, especially in large levels with many different skills like there are a lot in this batch. I remember doing this for my Save One pack with the help of not less than 3 playtesters (and not the worst Lemmings players btw  8-) ) and it often took me a whole week to get something close to good for a single level.
So yes, do that if this is what you want for sure, but prepare to get headaches :d

I'll try version 2.0 if time allows, and must say that the levels are mostly fine in the sense that even if the player does not solve them as you expect, he still gets enjoyment from trying to solve and this is the essential I guess.


Also about save 16 in Original 9 : after taking a look at Armani's replay, it turns out we have the same core method, except that I was not never good at controlling floater assignment time to make a lem get closer to another.
Armani does the compression in a quite optimal way using both climbers and floaters, but I quickly gave up on using the floaters. So I used the climbers only, this takes a lot of fast forwarding but is easy to achieve. I'm curious to know if Armani managed his compression easily or needed a lot of trials and errors ?
#15
In Development / Re: First Custom Levels: VexLems!
September 04, 2026, 05:03:36 PM
Yes I can do it : save 16 on Original 9 w/o blockers.
Compress 19 with climbers only (this takes 35+ minutes, fast forward hell), use builders to get the 20th lemming at the correct place for bombing, loose 3 out of the 19 compressed to the traps.