Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 170103 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #615 on: June 09, 2012, 12:18:51 PM »
Replays for IS's Mental Process and the modified levels (Runaround is still a backroute, I'm afraid).

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 09, 2012, 07:34:21 PM »
Impetus is also different, but that solution is harder than either of the other 2 I know of so I see no problems leaving it.

The Runaround's backroute I don't know how I'd fix. The intended solution uses a digger in the same spot and also requires the platform to be 2 "digs" thick. I think I might just leave that in too, since it's not intended to be a very hard level and that solution requires specific knowledge of the digger mask that I don't think a player at the ability I'm shooting for with that level will think about.

EDIT: I guess I could just mirror the level, come to think of it.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 09, 2012, 08:00:56 PM »
That wouldn't help, because my solution would still work if you wait for the lix to come back and dig facing towards the exit.

I'd love to know what the second "easy" solution to Impetus is, because I haven't been able to find it  :P

However, I found another probably unintended route, and a route for Runaround without using that digger trick.

Another solution (backroute?) for Bipolar Maniac.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 11, 2012, 12:41:19 AM »
I've downloaded So close as well and solved it. Felt proud, as it took me about an hour to execute the solution. :)

would you mind uploading a replay of it? (if you saved one) I'd kinda like to see it since you said it took an hour. Anyway, in case anybody didn't notice, this level was updated/changed again in my last post.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 11, 2012, 02:31:08 AM »
I noticed. Here's my replay for the latest version.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 11, 2012, 08:49:20 AM »
I had a go at the updated version and have solved that as well. I took a lot less time than before but still the updated level forced me to go down a different route. There was a fair bit of luck involved as well. Here's the solution of the new version of So close.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 11, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »
Way to go Proxima, that's the intended solution. I'm going to leave Minimac's route in as well because it is hard to pull off (I tried it myself when making it but I couldn't do it)

I'm curious ISteve, did you make 'this is too much stepping stones' after you saw my '6 gaps 5 builders'? I'm asking because I got the idea for mine after your level 'The shaft'.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 11, 2012, 09:12:28 PM »
That wouldn't help, because my solution would still work if you wait for the lix to come back and dig facing towards the exit.

I'd love to know what the second "easy" solution to Impetus is, because I haven't been able to find it  :P

However, I found another probably unintended route, and a route for Runaround without using that digger trick.

Another solution (backroute?) for Bipolar Maniac.

Yea, Bipolar Maniac is a backroute. Removing the decorative terrain should fix it. Good catch.

Impetus is rather close to the "other" solution, actually, but it skips a couple steps. I think I'm actually going to take that out of the level.

The Runaround is intended.

@TM: I actually missed 6 Gaps 5 Builders, so I hadn't yet seen it. I'll have a look at it now.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #623 on: June 12, 2012, 11:53:55 PM »
Here's another easy one, Ferry Tale. No tricks involved. The solution isn't that interesting, so if we already have enough levels of this difficulty, we don't have to take this.

(Edit: Proxima found a backroute, see next post for updated version of the level.)

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 13, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »
This feels backroutish, but you said "easy" and I can't find any other solution, so....

(Awesome work on the visual design, in any case!  :thumbsup:)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #625 on: June 13, 2012, 12:28:47 AM »
Yep, backroute. Splat distance is broken by the first steps. Version 2 of the level is attached, the crane is simply 16 pixels higher.

I'll retract calling the level easy. The solution isn't immediately obvious. I mainly thought it's easy because this level was designed pun first, then visuals, and the puzzle last.

Join IRC for a chat if you have nothing to do right now, nobody's there right now :)

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 13, 2012, 12:43:07 AM »
New solution.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #627 on: June 13, 2012, 03:26:40 AM »
Update from IRC: This is also a backroute, but interesting enough that I might keep it in. Proxima has also found the intended route, which saves 100 %.

-- Simon

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 13, 2012, 03:27:53 AM »
I made a new level.
I'm not real happy tho.... i guess I lost my inspiration. I'm making levels that are too similar in style that I wanted.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #629 on: June 13, 2012, 03:54:41 AM »
Solution for 3-1.

Like it, but I haven't played a lot of levels in the past, so I can't tell about similarity to previous levels. The visuals are good, this is how to use the carnival pieces harmoniously and consistently.

-- Simon