Site Boards > Site Discussion

(1/2) > >>

Wafflem:
Based on the poll in this topic, it looks like karma is the least popular among forum members.

What are your thoughts? Should this feature still be kept, or should it be removed?

IchoTolot:
Other question: What is and what does this "karma" feature?  ???

Proxima:
Under people's avatars, there are buttons marked "applaud" and "smite" that allow you to approve or disapprove of their post, and a karma meter, which measures the number of times someone has clicked these buttons.

I want it to be removed. The system doesn't work for a board this small. There's no way to tell which particular post was approved or disapproved of, so it doesn't help people who make mistakes to amend their behaviour. There's no incentive for people to use the system, so a majority of good posts are never applauded and it's mostly luck whether you get a +1. This means that if anyone gets negative karma, it's very difficult for them to erase it even if they make lots of good posts.

ccexplore:
There was a parallel thread going on amongst staff to do the same.  I'll give the poll a few days to settle just in case, and then act accordingly.

namida:
It looks like the votes are pretty unanimous in favor of removing it...

Also, thanks for mentioning the "lite" theme. This is something I had entirely forgotten about, and will have to get onto at some point. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version