Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 169608 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #585 on: June 03, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »
New solution to Soulful Leap. My 100% solution to Lix Potion isn't really special.

Don't catch me is the intended solution, nice work.

I think your bomber placement for Zorn might get you a tiny bit more leeway.

Also, list finally updated, formatting not as nice as usual though.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 04, 2012, 12:23:05 AM »
Here's a fun little multi-tasking level. (You might notice that each section is based on an original Lemmings or ONML level, though some may be harder to recognise than others!) I'm going to come back to this one and make a harder version.

Thanks for the list update  :thumbsup: So... 183 levels? Not bad going!  :D

EDIT: Oops, I misplaced the hatch in the concrete section. And the hard version's ready!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 04, 2012, 02:17:29 AM »
I finally solved Path of Wickedness!!  :)

from now on I'm probably going to just play levels more than create them. Sometime I'll upload Watch Ye Step and maybe a few others. I've been too busy to look at all the new levels but I'll try to soon.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 04, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »
185 actually, though Decompression Method (without a number, will be 2) isn't working right now, due to some obscure physics change I haven't figured yet. Decompression Method 1 is a new one I added.
I attached Bulldozing, which didn't work due to a physics change as well, but I changed it completely, so it's probably a little harder now, and solvable again.
Can't Reach it - Don't Need it is a new easy one as well I added without notice.

Think inside the Box is really fun, reminds me a bit of Steve's Honey I shrunk the Levels.
There's a bit of a backroute in the Mary Poppins' Land section, going through the steel, you might want to remove this. My second solution is clean of this though.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 04, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »
It might even be 190, since I think my most recent ones, such as Yuki and You only get one Bash, aren't on the list yet?

The shortcut on Think Inside the Box is deliberate (nice work avoiding it though!). Here's my solution.

Solved Can't Reach it; lovely simple and elegant puzzle.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 04, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
Hey. I've just got the most recent version of Lix and now I can play some of your levels! :)

I tend to struggle with most levels, partly because I'm not used to some of the new skills, but I did for some reason manage to solve "Eye of the needle" (Which on the level list, appears to be a very difficult level). It's probably an alternative or even a backroute, but it should be interesting to look at.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 04, 2012, 06:33:04 PM »
Final version of The Continuum Hypothesis (1 runner) and my replay.

Also, I'm leaving Soulful Bounding Leap alone now; the last version, with the extra steel, can stand if TM's okay with it. Here's my replay.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 05, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »
thanx for the replay minimac. That is a backroute to Eye of the Needle, frankly I'm surprised nobody (not including myself because I kinda gave up on it) else found that. This level suffers from a need of one way walls.

I never woop'd the first "Bulldozer" and this one looks even harder.

wow, some of your new levels look really nice Proxima. You outdid yourself with Boxset. :thumbsup:

I solved Soulful Bounding Leap, It's a little harder now, unless this wasn't the intended way. I just kinda of copied one of your solutions.
Btw, I got the idea for this level (originally) from "Bridges" from Revolution, the beginning part and what ccexplore described when saving 100% in that level.  I never really came close to what I had in my or what I thought it could be. The erased steel looks nice, for some reason I never thought of erasing steel.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 05, 2012, 11:44:20 PM »
How about this for Eye of the Needle? No one-way walls (or buzzsaws) needed. Unfortunately, the timing for the trick in the main solution to the level seems to require much greater precision than before; I wonder if this is connected with the similar problem I've been having with climb/bombers?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 06, 2012, 12:01:24 AM »
That doesn't quite cut it either.

I'd have suggested this simple fix:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 06, 2012, 12:14:20 AM »
Hmm, that seems to work; on the other hand, I feel strongly that adding those tiny terrain pieces on a level that originally had none detracts from the elegance of the layout. I can easily change my version to prevent your new backroute.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 06, 2012, 01:06:50 AM »
Well, at least my version has already been well tested against backroutes due to the minimal change. :P

And I dunno, I personally don't feel that your fix looks cleaner than mine visually, due to all the somewhat messy stuff added. I'm wondering why you think the timing is harder in your version though; at least if you add back the second runner, it should be basically the same. Only thing might be that you have to platform out of a the miner tunnel, thus needing some precision in order not to leave a small gap the climbers would pass through.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 06, 2012, 01:16:02 AM »
I'm wondering why you think the timing is harder in your version though; at least if you add back the second runner, it should be basically the same.

I don't mean my version compared to yours; I mean compared to last time I played this level, which was of course on a much earlier version of Lix. (Either way, I never used the runners; I'm not sure what I'm meant to be doing with them.)

Anyway, we need TM to decide which type of fix he wants to go with  :P Mine can easily be fortified against the latest backroute, by changing the platform with the exit on it to non-steel. But I do think my fix looks "cleaner", as you put it, because I use only large pieces (and one 32x16, an unfortunate necessity, but at least it's better than having to use 2-pixel pieces!)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 06, 2012, 04:15:16 AM »
I'm having some trouble doing anything 'cause I'm still getting used to the new version of Lix and stuff.
I'm not seeing any difference in geoo's version from the original version  ??? unless I've got something wrong.

I'm wondering why you think the timing is harder in your version though; at least if you add back the second runner, it should be basically the same.

I don't mean my version compared to yours; I mean compared to last time I played this level, which was of course on a much earlier version of Lix. (Either way, I never used the runners; I'm not sure what I'm meant to be doing with them.)

Anyway, we need TM to decide which type of fix he wants to go with  :P Mine can easily be fortified against the latest backroute, by changing the platform with the exit on it to non-steel. But I do think my fix looks "cleaner", as you put it, because I use only large pieces (and one 32x16, an unfortunate necessity, but at least it's better than having to use 2-pixel pieces!)

the runners are to make it easier to separate the builder from the two guys to come up and bomb/turn around.

Proxima maybe you could upload a replay of your solution of your adaptation. If you want to know this is my real intentions for the level:

This was my very first intention for the level:
Lix are trapped in an area with steel and no way to bash/mine dig out from there side.
One lix must climb up walk across the top part then build and block, then two lix come up (must be close
to each other) one bombs and leave a hole for the other so he can turn around up there and fall then go and release the others.
That's the part I care about because I thought of it and it seemed fairly hard and nobody got it for awhile. The other part only came about from trying to enforce that apart from putting the entrance in the pit but that makes the level a lot easier, which I'm not totally against but you probably want to preserve it's difficulty. And that part I ended up borrowing from my earlier level; 'conundrum'. So really, I don't care much about the beginning part or how you modify it.
I couldn't solve your version tonight Proxima, but I'll try it again, is there something different at the beginning you have to do or is it the same.... never mind. Tell my in chat sometime. I probably won't have to time to test any of it out for the next few days. :XD:

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 06, 2012, 09:30:35 AM »

Well nope, two more backroutes.
I also attached the intended solution to Proxima's version for TM, added a runner for convenience though (they really help a lot, I find the timing in the critical section pretty easy overall).

We probably have a different sense for aesthetics, I find my fix more clean looking as it preserves the long straight lines, and same width everywhere. I also find overlapping terrain pieces (in this case the steel over the big block) a big no-no. The little steel piece in my version isn't exactly nice, but the player doesn't have to spot it to find the solution.
Anyway, I tried to make a version that uses your adaptation of the solution, looks a lot cleaner though and eliminates the backroutes I found. Still has the downside that the first miner and platformer have to be pixel precise. And there might still be backroutes I missed, while the version with the bashers seems to be well tested.