Author Topic: NeoLemmix Editor & GSTool are dropping SuperLemmini support  (Read 6031 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix Editor & GSTool are dropping SuperLemmini support
« on: September 01, 2016, 01:48:14 PM »
In order to best support NeoLemmix, I have decided it is nessecary to remove support for other engines from the NeoLemmix Editor and Graphic Set Tool; so in future, SuperLemmini will no longer be supported.

This does create a difficult situation for SuperLemmini users, as there is no other editor that supports SuperLemmini (whereas Lemmix and Lemmini users have other options); graphic sets are easy enough to edit by hand of course, mind you. The old versions thay do support SuperLemmini can still be used, of course; and will remain available for download - the following links will permanently link to the last stable versions that do support SuperLemmini:

Editor: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmixeditor143nc.zip
GSTool: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/gstoolold.zip

Although obviously this won't update to keep up with new additions to SuperLemmini, it's probably the best that's available for the moment.

The new versions of the NeoLemmix Editor will remain able to load SuperLemmini levels, but it will only be possible to edit and save them as NeoLemmix levels. The same is true for GSTool and SuperLemmini graphic sets.

If any Delphi 7 coders want to have a go at making a SuperLemmini-friendly editor based on NeoLemmix Editor's source code, here's the source code for Editor V1.43n-C:
BitBucket repo: https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixeditor-old/
Look for the branch "1.43n-C".
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 06:21:46 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix Editor & GSTool are dropping SuperLemmini support
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 04:08:45 PM »
If any Delphi 7 coders want to have a go at making a SuperLemmini-friendly editor based on NeoLemmix Editor's source code, here's the source code for Editor V1.43n-C: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpqecngn0ow870i/NeoLemmixEditor_V1.43n-C_Source.zip?dl=1

I think this link has expired. I'd like to have a look at it and see if I can implement some basic changes to the layout. I am very much a beginner when it comes to coding, but... this seems like a good mini-project to start with.

Given your experience, would you say the editor is an easy or difficult program to deal with, code-wise? Also, what program would you recommend for writing in Delphi 7?

Thanks!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 06:22:10 PM »
Replaced with a useable link. Basic Git knowledge (probably) required to get to specifically V1.43n-C's code, rather than the last old-formats editor version (10.13.13).

Also, what program would you recommend for writing in Delphi 7?

My suggestion would be Delphi. In terms of which version, try 7. ;)

This is probably not a good project to start with. The editor is firstly, very complex, and secondly, very poorly written in parts (because I didn't really know what I was doing during the early stages of modifying it from Lemmix, either).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 08:10:26 PM »
Also, what program would you recommend for writing in Delphi 7?

My suggestion would be Delphi. In terms of which version, try 7. ;)

:crylaugh: :forehead: