Author Topic: Lemmings Wiki  (Read 16669 times)

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Wiki
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 02:45:47 AM »
I was involved with another wiki project for a while that was hosted on Wikia briefly. They flat-out broke the contract the wiki's administrator signed with them, and they started letting the ads go rampant. They gave us back the domain name and let us leave with only moderate legal threat.

I'm against Wikia on principle. It's run by a bunch of scumbags and the ads WILL get worse.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2009, 04:16:28 AM »
Care to tell us what this wiki was about?

I knew they were a bit dodgy with their "for-profit"-ness, but I've not heard anything terrible about them previously.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2009, 04:34:36 AM »
We should protest!  Host our own Wiki!  I'm sick of seeing World of Warcraft ****ing everywhere (also, those Lord of the Rings ads are pretty distracting, so I'm going to have to agree with Ubuntu forums logic - Try to avoid animated images for avatars, they are way too distracting.  Same with ads).  Plus, if anything, an ad will make me hate a product even more.  Sometime I'll probably get shot for my extreme stance against WoW. :P

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 07:32:56 AM »
Care to tell us what this wiki was about?

The problem is that Lemmings was a game made back in the early 90's, so only a few people would remember it, yet the Wiki stuff was made too late. :P Remember the PSP version? That was made in 2006 and it may have caught some people's attention. But the PSP version was released nearly 4 years ago.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »
I'm against Wikia on principle. It's run by a bunch of scumbags and the ads WILL get worse.

Speak of the devil... they just did. I went there just now and got an ad that doesn't move off the screen when you scroll. I've never had that on Wikia before. :-\

We should protest!  Host our own Wiki!

How feasible is that? Do we have enough server space to host one?

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 08:15:50 AM »
Here's the requirements to have a MediaWiki-style wiki installed. You don't need 50MB to set it up, but it's a good idea to have more.

This website also has the required MySQL and PHP. Not sure about the other requirements.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 12:12:07 AM »

Speak of the devil... they just did. I went there just now and got an ad that doesn't move off the screen when you scroll. I've never had that on Wikia before. :-\

"Lemmings Wiki.  Adblock Plus & Flashblock required."  :XD:

Offline danparker

• View Profile
    • danparker studios
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 04:34:47 AM »
Since I've created an account on the Wikias when I worked on the Thomas The Tank Engine and Theodore Tugboat wikias, I think I might stop by here someday and edit, too.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 10:23:14 PM »
If I don't do this only anonymously, I would probably have to set up another email address just because when they say they won't spam, I don't trust them.