Author Topic: Interesting level...  (Read 10118 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Interesting level...
« on: August 30, 2004, 02:35:10 AM »
I downloaded Lemmings on this computer, and made a quite interesting level. Here are some of the interesting things about it:

The number of lemmings. If there was even one lemming fewer, the level would be impossible.

The placement of two of the miners. Two miners are placed about five pixels apart, yet have totally different purposes.

Pixel precision blocker. This hasn't been done before, as far as I know.

Have a look at it. It's on Lemming Crazy. The name is "Warped Out".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting level...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 03:15:31 AM »
All these interesting points would be more interesting if I knew the SOLUTION to the level... got a walkthrough anywhere?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 06:56:27 AM »
Lazy! :P

Try to find the solution by yourself!
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 05:08:11 AM »
Well maybe I will post the solution here, if you want.
My Lemmings projects

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 02:20:24 PM »
I found the solution! Nice level! :D

And, you know what? I didn't use the blocker! So, for the poll, with the precision of the blocker's position...
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 04:17:15 AM »
Was your solution something like this(highlight this to read it)?

Make the first lemming a digger near the edge. The second lemming becomes a blocker - this has to be positioned at the very furthest right it can, while still allowing lemmings falling from the entrance to walk past. The third lemming becomes a miner as soon as he is far right enough to avoid freeing the blocker with his tunnel. Bash under the lava as soon as possible. Make the first lemming mine through the vertical pole. Whatever lemming gets to the wall first, make him a climber. Mine through the vertical pole that was mined through just before(but this time, obviously, you are mining near the top), then make the lemming mine as soon as possible after falling off the diagonal bars. Once he finishes, have a lemming build when he is walking right and between the furthest left point of the gap the mine created, and the halfway point of the gap. The climber should turn around on the blocker about the time Lemming 66 comes out. Lemming 67 mines as soon as he lands to free the blocker. All the lemmings should make it to the exit just in time.
My Lemmings projects

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 08:06:36 PM »
It is almost the same thing...

But when the digger dug the hole, I made a lemming a miner to the left when he was trapped in the hole of the digger. He created a small hole to the left and fell because the digger continued his hole. That way, the climber couldn't climb in the hole of the digger. Everything else was easy to do.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...