Author Topic: Lemmings Level Maps From Sega Master System  (Read 10557 times)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
Lemmings Level Maps From Sega Master System
« on: April 22, 2009, 07:20:36 PM »
Can be downloaded here:

http://www.smstributes.co.uk/images/db/Lemmings.zip

Most of them are identical to their homonyms in the amiga & PC version, other... well, certainly not (for example, the A Beast Of A Level - saga is replace with unpublished levels). Here is a list of all differences:

http://www.henriwatson.com/sites/zach/lemmings/index.php?topic=243.0

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
Re: Lemmings Level Maps From Sega Master System
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »
Oh nice :D

Adam's remade some of the special levels, they're on the LFA.

SMS version is one of my favourite versions. Nice to see the levels without need for playing the game. Cheers.
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 04:09:42 PM »

Uh, you might want to consider adding those in differently.  Some smileys aren't working correctly, so this is what you should do.  You know how you add an image?
As the image location put, for example, http://www.henriwatson.com/sites/zach/lemmings/Smileys/lemmings/thumbsup.gif, and you get this:

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 06:38:49 PM »

Uh, you might want to consider adding those in differently.  Some smileys aren't working correctly, so this is what you should do.  You know how you add an image?
As the image location put, for example, http://www.henriwatson.com/sites/zach/lemmings/Smileys/lemmings/thumbsup.gif, and you get this:

I've been wondering, what string of characters is supposed to make that "cheesy" smiley appear?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 07:53:23 PM »
Oh nice Cheesy

I've been wondering, what string of characters is supposed to make that "cheesy" smiley appear?

It's :D.  But for now, it's not working correctly.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 12:09:35 AM »
It's :΄.  But for now, it's not working correctly.

It hasn't worked for ages, not even when the forum was at ISAmedia. Mr. K really needs to fix this, since "Cheesy" and ":D" look identical (at least on my system).

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 04:07:44 AM »
The smileys are broken here.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:43:38 AM »
Uh, you might want to consider adding those in differently.  Some smileys aren't working correctly, so this is what you should do.

Yeah, absolute links are all very well and great until we get our hosting and domain sorted out, and then they break. So I'll wait for the REAL solution of Mr KSoft fixing them up, I think.

You know how you add an image?

Please, don't patronise me. ;)
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »
Once he actually shows that he exists, anyways.
First he actually needs to respect the fact that there are still people using the forums.  Absolute links do have their problems, you are right.  But, I guess it's a good temporary solution.

Really, it's kind of annoying to see Cheesy where that smiley is supposed to be.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »
Is it too late to un-derail this thread? :P

I just did a quick search through these forums, and found a Lemmini version of the Master System specials, plus the Genesis specials, available for download in this thread (3rd post from the top). I wonder, does there exist a Lemmix-playable version of the Sega special levels (Sega One to Sega Five)?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
Quote from: Clam Spammer
I just did a quick search through these forums, and found a Lemmini version of the Master System specials, plus the Genesis specials, available for download in this thread (3rd post from the top).

That would be so useful.  I don't even know if I have Windows Lemmings at all, so I can't exactly use Lemmini versions.

Quote from: Tsyu
It hasn't worked for ages, not even when the forum was at ISAmedia. Mr. K really needs to fix this, since "Cheesy" and "Cheesy" look identical (at least on my system).

For some reason, it does seem to have two identical cheesy smileys, and this smiley :P is listed three times.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 03:33:17 AM »
Quote from: Tsyu
It hasn't worked for ages, not even when the forum was at ISAmedia. Mr. K really needs to fix this, since "Cheesy" and "Cheesy" look identical (at least on my system).

For some reason, it does seem to have two identical cheesy smileys, and this smiley :P is listed three times.

To clarify, I meant that each instance of that smiley looks exactly like the word "Cheesy," so unless you try to drag it, you can't really tell if the poster had typed the smiley or the word (for me, at least).

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 05:45:47 AM »
That would be so useful.  I don't even know if I have Windows Lemmings at all, so I can't exactly use Lemmini versions.

There's a download link on the Lemmings Clones page of the archive.

To clarify, I meant that each instance of that smiley looks exactly like the word "Cheesy," so unless you try to drag it, you can't really tell if the poster had typed the smiley or the word (for me, at least).

:shocked: It's a picture of the word "Cheesy"! I never noticed that before.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 07:14:54 AM »

:shocked: It's a picture of the word "Cheesy"! I never noticed that before.

Might as well be! It's really just the browser adding text to fill in for a nonexistent image. Just try opening it directly--you will get a 404 error.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 09:49:52 PM »
That's odd, because you can add the cheesy smiley with a direct link.