Author Topic: Lemmings Level Maps From Sega Master System  (Read 10597 times)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
Lemmings Level Maps From Sega Master System
« on: April 22, 2009, 07:20:36 PM »
Can be downloaded here:

http://www.smstributes.co.uk/images/db/Lemmings.zip

Most of them are identical to their homonyms in the amiga & PC version, other... well, certainly not (for example, the A Beast Of A Level - saga is replace with unpublished levels). Here is a list of all differences:

http://www.henriwatson.com/sites/zach/lemmings/index.php?topic=243.0

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
Re: Lemmings Level Maps From Sega Master System
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »
Oh nice :D

Adam's remade some of the special levels, they're on the LFA.

SMS version is one of my favourite versions. Nice to see the levels without need for playing the game. Cheers.
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 04:09:42 PM »

Uh, you might want to consider adding those in differently.  Some smileys aren't working correctly, so this is what you should do.  You know how you add an image?
As the image location put, for example, http://www.henriwatson.com/sites/zach/lemmings/Smileys/lemmings/thumbsup.gif, and you get this:

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 06:38:49 PM »

Uh, you might want to consider adding those in differently.  Some smileys aren't working correctly, so this is what you should do.  You know how you add an image?
As the image location put, for example, http://www.henriwatson.com/sites/zach/lemmings/Smileys/lemmings/thumbsup.gif, and you get this:

I've been wondering, what string of characters is supposed to make that "cheesy" smiley appear?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 07:53:23 PM »
Oh nice Cheesy

I've been wondering, what string of characters is supposed to make that "cheesy" smiley appear?

It's :D.  But for now, it's not working correctly.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 12:09:35 AM »
It's :΄.  But for now, it's not working correctly.

It hasn't worked for ages, not even when the forum was at ISAmedia. Mr. K really needs to fix this, since "Cheesy" and ":D" look identical (at least on my system).

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 04:07:44 AM »
The smileys are broken here.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:43:38 AM »
Uh, you might want to consider adding those in differently.  Some smileys aren't working correctly, so this is what you should do.

Yeah, absolute links are all very well and great until we get our hosting and domain sorted out, and then they break. So I'll wait for the REAL solution of Mr KSoft fixing them up, I think.

You know how you add an image?

Please, don't patronise me. ;)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »
Once he actually shows that he exists, anyways.
First he actually needs to respect the fact that there are still people using the forums.  Absolute links do have their problems, you are right.  But, I guess it's a good temporary solution.

Really, it's kind of annoying to see Cheesy where that smiley is supposed to be.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »
Is it too late to un-derail this thread? :P

I just did a quick search through these forums, and found a Lemmini version of the Master System specials, plus the Genesis specials, available for download in this thread (3rd post from the top). I wonder, does there exist a Lemmix-playable version of the Sega special levels (Sega One to Sega Five)?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
Quote from: Clam Spammer
I just did a quick search through these forums, and found a Lemmini version of the Master System specials, plus the Genesis specials, available for download in this thread (3rd post from the top).

That would be so useful.  I don't even know if I have Windows Lemmings at all, so I can't exactly use Lemmini versions.

Quote from: Tsyu
It hasn't worked for ages, not even when the forum was at ISAmedia. Mr. K really needs to fix this, since "Cheesy" and "Cheesy" look identical (at least on my system).

For some reason, it does seem to have two identical cheesy smileys, and this smiley :P is listed three times.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 03:33:17 AM »
Quote from: Tsyu
It hasn't worked for ages, not even when the forum was at ISAmedia. Mr. K really needs to fix this, since "Cheesy" and "Cheesy" look identical (at least on my system).

For some reason, it does seem to have two identical cheesy smileys, and this smiley :P is listed three times.

To clarify, I meant that each instance of that smiley looks exactly like the word "Cheesy," so unless you try to drag it, you can't really tell if the poster had typed the smiley or the word (for me, at least).

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 05:45:47 AM »
That would be so useful.  I don't even know if I have Windows Lemmings at all, so I can't exactly use Lemmini versions.

There's a download link on the Lemmings Clones page of the archive.

To clarify, I meant that each instance of that smiley looks exactly like the word "Cheesy," so unless you try to drag it, you can't really tell if the poster had typed the smiley or the word (for me, at least).

:shocked: It's a picture of the word "Cheesy"! I never noticed that before.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 07:14:54 AM »

:shocked: It's a picture of the word "Cheesy"! I never noticed that before.

Might as well be! It's really just the browser adding text to fill in for a nonexistent image. Just try opening it directly--you will get a 404 error.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 09:49:52 PM »
That's odd, because you can add the cheesy smiley with a direct link.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 01:46:55 AM »

There is no "cheesy" smiley. Linking to it directly either gives you nothing or a placeholder, depending on your browser and its settings. Besides, the problem has been fixed: :D

Also, are the message buttons working for anybody? They're not working for me on any browser.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 02:06:05 AM »
All this discussion on the forum smilies might be better served in the user-submitted news section, so that Mr K-Soft can look at it directly. Just a suggestion, as this is quite off topic.

Back on topic: Adam, another member, mentioned to me something I thought might be good to mention here. The repeat levels aren't included in the pack except for It's Hero Time which has one block slightly differently sized.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 01:19:28 AM »
What IS this topic about, anyway?

(Yep, it's that off).

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »
Hehe, well, at a guess it'd be Sega Master System maps.

Actually, some of the maps in the game, due to the mechanics, really change the gameplay of some levels. The thin narrow terrain on the Pink style are missing, replaced with thicker blocks which take longer to mine through. So, It's Hero Time is certainly played differently than on PC.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 03:34:49 AM »
Interesting.  I don't have a master system (or even an emulator for it), so I've never played this version.

I don't think this is the right topic to say this in, but is there a PC version of lemmings that contains the genesis levels (including the two extra ratings, if I'm not mistaken).

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
Yes, this is indeed the wrong thread :P

IIRC, someone made those levels a long time ago for CustLemms. Someone also made the Genesis styles for Cheapo 2, so I gather there may be something on that front as well.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 07:12:48 PM »
I approve of the fewer clone levels, from what I can tell.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 12:35:50 AM »
Hey folks!

I've been hiding away for the past couple of months working on several hundred playthroughs, and I've stumbled upon this topic.

As Jason says, the repeat levels weren't included in the snapshots, and Fun 26 was also omitted. I've uploaded the complete maps here for your enjoyment!

Just as an aside... the terrain differences in the SMS version mean that Tightrope City is an awful lot easier. Maybe someone should make a video showing the 10 worst remade levels, but plugging a video like that would just be cheap.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 02:04:49 AM »
Very cheap. :P

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 05:30:02 PM »
Oh my gosh, those are very cheesy!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »

There is no "cheesy" smiley. Linking to it directly either gives you nothing or a placeholder, depending on your browser and its settings. Besides, the problem has been fixed: :D

Also, are the message buttons working for anybody? They're not working for me on any browser.

I'll copy this post and send it to Mr. K.  I'm having the same problem, AND HE DOESN'T BELIEVE ME.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »
Steering this topic back on track, again.

Quote from: Dullstar
Oh my gosh, those are very cheesy!

Oh God, there's that word again! Cheesy and cheap are rapidly becoming overused on this forum! Cheesy videos are my forte... I'd recommend grabbing a copy of Lemmings for the Master System.. the gameplay's fairly different to most other console and PC versions, plus, the SEGA levels are worth playing with the original controls!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
Cheesy?  That word appeared because of a broken smiley, but it's fixed now.  Other than that, no, that's not overused.