Author Topic: DOS Lemmings music  (Read 14987 times)

PIGSgrame

Re: DOS Lemmings music
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »
Has anyone extracted the soundtracks from Holiday Lemmings? Would be nice to have them also.
Meanwhile, I've captured the 2 Christmas soundtracks myself. In case anyone else is interested, I have uploaded them as RAR archive.

Skatoony

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 02:22:11 PM »
I think I had best post this here - a few months ago I recorded the Lemmings 2 - The Tribes music from DOS, off my Roland CM-32L. These sounds pretty much like high-quality Amiga versions.

You can find them on my website here: http://modarchive.org/~rhizome/music.html

Enjoy!

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 09:08:44 PM »
Wicked!  Those do sound a lot like the Amiga ones.

This makes for more random old sound hardware I have to get my hands on eventually!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 09:16:23 PM »
Nice recordings!

Yep, they sound more like the Amiga tunes than the SoundBlaster music from L2 in Dosbox. I'm going to keep them no matter what.

I've never heard of the other puzzle game, but its music is really great. What's up with "Rhizome" and "Badlands"? Those links don't lead anywhere. From what you say about those tunes, I'd love to hear them as well :/

-- Simon

Skatoony

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 09:39:30 PM »
I've never heard of the other puzzle game, but its music is really great.
I even have the "original" versions from that game where the music is played at their correct speed that the composer intended them to. I may upload them later on.

What's up with "Rhizome" and "Badlands"? Those links don't lead anywhere. From what you say about those tunes, I'd love to hear them as well :/
Sorry dead links - fixed.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 01:56:37 AM »
For One Step Beyond, I did talk about it in the Other games topic. Musics in this game are nice, :agree:
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 05:19:40 AM »
UP!

I was just wondering, do you know where I could get the Intro music of Lemmings II in Amiga Mod format? I do have all the other songs, but only the intro is missing.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 12:37:11 PM »
If' you're fine with .med format, you can get it from UnExotica. It includes the maintune.

And I just noted, on Mindless' site the Lemmings 3 musics link points to the music of Lemmings 2 as the correct link above that one does.

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 11:16:49 PM »
And I just noted, on Mindless' site the Lemmings 3 musics link points to the music of Lemmings 2 as the correct link above that one does.
Fixed. :/

siergiej

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 09:13:10 PM »
Does somebody know how to upload your own music to dos lemmings (although original lemmings music is quite good, it could become boring)

(I have an impression that I saw a topic about it but i couldn't find it, so i'm sorry if such a topic already exists.)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 04:07:01 AM »
Something you can do is making an image of a music CD composed of any tracks you want and use it in Lemmings CD version.

Something nice, if ccexplore has available time, would be to hack the game so that it can use WAV or OGG files instead of CD Soundtracks, replacing musics (and probably sounds). But I think it would be useless as Lemmix allows that already (it uses music and sound effects from the Amiga version).

Darnn

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2008, 06:09:09 PM »
Could someone upload the CD soundtrack again? Everything I had related to this thread, including my own recordings, went in a hard drive crash.

Also, what is this CD version, anyway? What platform is it for? Does it have any special name so it could be found online more easily?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:36 AM »
Well... the Lemmings CD Soundtrack for the DOS version is a bit messed up due to some scratches on the CD. So, are you still sure you want it? It'd be so nice if somebody else would have it in better condition. :(

However, you can still get the original game rips (I don't know if it's the CD Soundtrack or not) of Lemmings95 on KHInsider.