Author Topic: [BUG] LShift + U crashes the game in fullscreen on Windows  (Read 2462 times)

Offline mrpenguinb

• View Profile
[BUG] LShift + U crashes the game in fullscreen on Windows
« on: October 30, 2023, 11:10:31 AM »
As the title says. The dialog window gets put behind the game window and causes it to become unresponsive. I assume the game is running exclusive fullscreen?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG] LShift + U crashes the game in fullscreen on Windows
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 09:50:28 AM »
Loap is running in whatever MonoGame does when you set an app in it to go fullscreen, which I presume is exclusive fullscreen. I should look into changing this to borderless window fullscreen.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mrpenguinb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 10:28:36 AM »
Loap is running in whatever MonoGame does when you set an app in it to go fullscreen, which I presume is exclusive fullscreen. I should look into changing this to borderless window fullscreen.

Is it possible to fix this when in exclusive fullscreen?
Since having an option for both exclusive fullscreen and borderless in the .ini file) would be handy. If that's possible with MonoGame and is just a nice to have feature.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 06:53:04 PM »
If I can achieve windowed fullscreen in general, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to support both. The bigger question is whether I can fix the load replay issue in true fullscreen.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 05:16:02 AM »
So, I tested and found that while implementing borderless is pretty easy, it doesn't make a difference to this bug.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel with a focus on Retro and Indie titles.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 02:09:41 PM »
Judging by your discussion in this thread I assume you can go fullscreen with Loap but I can't find any success with trying this. No settings or ALT+ENTER not working for me. Am I missing something here?

Love how easy it was to get going otherwise, having nostalgia overload right now.
YouTube channel about video game music, retro and indie games.
https://www.youtube.com/@Teedyan

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 04:22:28 PM »
Judging by your discussion in this thread I assume you can go fullscreen with Loap but I can't find any success with trying this. No settings or ALT+ENTER not working for me. Am I missing something here?

Love how easy it was to get going otherwise, having nostalgia overload right now.

The full screen option is in the Loap.ini file in your Loap directory under #Display options. Simply open with Notepad and change "False" to "True" and save. By doing this, it will completely override the window vertical and horizontal dimensions. Though, now that you mentioned it, it does make me wonder why it's only found there and not also in the options menu inside the Loap engine itself. Then again, not everything you see in the .ini file is in the options menu, eg, Vsync. I can't remember if namida intentionally decided not to include full screen as a toggleable option in-game or was going to implement it but hasn't yet.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel with a focus on Retro and Indie titles.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 10:26:20 PM »
Thanks a ton for the quick reply kaywhyn. I actually went and looked in the folder for an .ini file but completely missed it. Now I'm all ready to go :thumbsup:
YouTube channel about video game music, retro and indie games.
https://www.youtube.com/@Teedyan