Author Topic: [FEAT] Cursor flicker trick  (Read 155 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[FEAT] Cursor flicker trick
« on: April 17, 2024, 01:23:10 AM »
I've decided to implement the Amiga "cursor flicker" trick. This will come in very handy when trying to get a lem facing a certain direction in Classic Mode; since this mode aims to closely reproduce the OG experience, this is pretty much a necessary part of it.

Clear physics shows it best - note that the directional arrow only faces left when the cursor is flickering to the right of a group of lemmings:

Commit b432a5bbe implements this feature

And whilst we're on the subject, here's a new trick for you - since lem recolouring for athletes is kept active in Classic Mode, assign a Floater or some other permaskill to one of the lemmings in a group, and this lemming will now visually stand out from the crowd! From there, it's very easy to see which direction that lemming is facing in, and whereabouts they are! ;P

« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 03:28:55 PM by WillLem »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: [FEAT] Cursor flicker trick
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 01:29:18 AM »
And whilst we're on the subject, here's a new trick for you - since lem recolouring for athletes is kept active in Classic Mode, assign a Floater or some other permaskill to one of the lemmings in a group, and this lemming will now visually stand out from the crowd! From there, it's very easy to see which direction that lemming is facing in, and whereabouts they are! ;P

Does SLX prioritise assignment to floater-walkers over plain walkers?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 03:29:18 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [FEAT] Cursor flicker trick
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 12:08:03 PM »
Does SLX prioritise assignment to floater-walkers over plain walkers?

Good question.

Lem priority is currently exactly the same as it is in NL (I considered giving Invincible lems additional priority, but ultimately decided against it). As far as as I can tell, Permaskill-Walkers have priority over plain Walkers as they return a lower integer value, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 03:29:37 PM by WillLem »