Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #24 - Results  (Read 2635 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lemmings Forums Level Contest #24 - Results
« on: January 14, 2022, 06:00:56 PM »
Ladies and gentleman, we've got our final results and we got 2 winners this time! :)

The winning levels are:

tan x dx's "EMERGENCY EVACUATION"

IchoTolot's "Violent Changes"

Congratulations to tan x dx and some weirdo named IchoTolot for winning the contest! :thumbsup:

Congratulation to Kingshadow3 as well as he reached the 3rd place with:

Kingshadow3's "Silence in the Library"

Choice for the prize for the first place is either:

- a month's advertising on the forum's news ticker
- picking the next contest's rules
- US $5.00 (PayPal would be the easiest here I think).

If we both choose the rule prize then out of the 3 rules each of us will determine 1 and for the third we will probably figure something out together. ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 03:17:18 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #24 - Results
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 06:16:22 PM »
Congratulations to both of you!
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 07:34:26 PM »
Congratulations to IchoTolot & tan x dx for winning, and KingShadow3 for 2nd place!

It was really fun playing through all the levels submitted to the contest, so an extra congratulations to all participants too for making so many great levels :thumbsup:
My Level Packs: Quartet

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 10:49:23 AM »
Congrats to both tan x dx and Icho for winning LDC #24, as well as Kingshadow for being first runner-up. Though, truth be told, I predicted the winning level would be either Icho's R2 or tan x dx's R3 or possibly both end up winning, so it's interesting to see my prediction ended up being correct here. Indeed, these were the two levels I voted for in the mixed rounds. Hence, in the finals, I really wanted to vote for them both again, but ultimately my vote went to Icho's, just because I was really blown away by the very amazing intended solution that I found when I pre-tested that level for him. I was also blown away by tan x dx's level as well in regards to the solution, and I especially loved how it has a time limit (I'm a math person and I love numbers and don't mind time limits at all) in it and combined with the zombies created this sense of urgency, hence the "EMERGENCY EVACUATION" title. Thus, it was very hard for me to choose one level to vote for in the finals, but as I said I ultimately went with Icho's, and again I would had voted for both levels if two votes were allowed, but that was already done before the finals with the final 3 levels that survived til the end. Also, I just barely realized that both winning levels used the exact same tileset :lem-mindblown: Interestingly enough, both levels managed to stump me for a very long time :XD: I think each one took me the same amount of time before I got them solved. Kingshadow's R2 also took me a while, at least an updated version of it. In any case, all 3 levels were great for different reasons!

What I was surprised by, though, was how very close it was to becoming the very first LDC contest to have a 3-way tie for winning first place. Kingshadow's level just needed one more vote for it to happen, so it was quite a tight and very close contest for first place.

Just to put it out there, I was very pleasantly surprised to see that my R1 was the most popular of all the R1's in the contest, as indicated by the vote numbers. It wasn't a complete domination, as it only edged out Icho's R1, the second most popular in the rule voteoff, by 1 vote. Honestly, I knew my R1 would do well, but I didn't think it would do THAT well :laugh: I guess it means I'm slowly but surely improving in designing, but I still have ways to go. 

Then, when it came to the mixed rounds, I knew my R1 was going to struggle, considering the levels that it was up against. In the end, my level fell 1 vote short from advancing along with the 4 that did. Still most impressive, though. I am looking forward to the next LDC! Assuming they're rules that I can work with, of course! :thumbsup:

Congratulations to tan x dx and some weirdo named IchoTolot for winning the contest! :thumbsup:

Lol, Icho is fine with calling himself a weirdo :laugh: Then again, who isn't from time to time? Yes, myself included, despite how I like to say I'm serious and down-to-earth a lot of the time :P Also Icho, you have me to thank, because were it not for my vote, tan x dx would had been the sole winner :laugh: At the same time, you have mentioned in the past that you don't care about winning a contest, so it doesn't matter here if I had forgotten to vote :P However, I'm a believer of "every vote counts."

It was really fun playing through all the levels submitted to the contest, so an extra congratulations to all participants too for making so many great levels :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for playing/attempting my levels and the feedback you provided! :thumbsup: Especially the feedback, because I don't like how I haven't been getting any of that, even when I prompted for it after the voting finishes and the winner(s) have been determined. Without feedback, I won't be able to improve all that much if I don't know what was liked/not liked about my levels, for example. As pretty much the only person, besides Armani, who did give me feedback, I thank you for that :)

My R2 might had stumped you, but you still did great, all things considered :) It was a really good attempt. I just wished I had been able to watch your streams when you took on my levels, but unfortunately I was either at work when you did or I was napping because I'm often very tired when I come home from work each day. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to if you ever decide to stream the contest levels again ;) Also, I hope you will consider participating in a future LDC again. I haven't played your past contest level(s) yet, but I hope to at some point once I get around to doing the actual post-commentary videos on past contests.

Finally, great job to all the level designers in this contest. Plenty of great levels, and it was quite fun to play through and figure them out ;)   
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 12:18:10 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 12:12:50 PM »
:lem4ever: :lem4ever:

Congratulation to tanxdx(or dexter?) and Ichotolot :thumbsup:
Also congratulation to Kingshadow !
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 08:25:23 PM »
Congrats to both tan x dx and IchoTolot! :thumbsup:

Also thanks for the congrats for my runner up position guys. :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 10:26:59 PM »
@kaywhyn

I think over the last contests your levels have gotten quite better in the visual departement! :)

You can really see some steady progress here!

Solution-wise they were always good! :thumbsup:

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 12:04:33 AM »
@kaywhyn

I think over the last contests your levels have gotten quite better in the visual departement! :)

You can really see some steady progress here!

Solution-wise they were always good! :thumbsup:

@Icho Wow, I've now managed to impress the grandmaster of both designing AND level solving of Lemmings with my designs! :thumbsup: I had a feeling/inkling that you noticed, just forgot to maybe bring it up in your LP of the LDC levels. You're not the only one either, as Armani also told me the same with my visuals improving, which he complimented my R1 about :) You'll always have a special place with me in the Lemmings scene, as it was thanks to your United pack AND your encouragement to give level designing a try that I even got into level making in the first place, as before I heard this from you I always thought that I would be no good at it. You're quite the motivational speaker :) Even more, you also stood by my side the entire time during my quest to solve all of United and gave me the push to keep on going, even when I thought about giving up on it completely very early in the Genocide rank (looking at you, Genocide 5 :laugh:)

Even then, I still know that I personally can use some more work in improving the designs, but I'm happy to read your compliment in that area from you :) As a result, I gave you credit and a shoutout in my final LP video of LDC #24 :) You are a great friend and have been extremely helpful in lending your expertise/services to help me improve in level making. I will continue to participate in future LDCs as long as I'm able to, and similarly with being your contest pre-tester ;) You've even managed to inspire some of my levels, and honestly I can't stop watching my videos on your Reunion and United packs. That's how much I like both packs of yours, even if it's because I like the sound of my voice providing the commentary in them thanks to the powerful speakers of my laptop :laugh:

I'm happy to hear that you've always enjoyed my puzzles :thumbsup: It's good to know that I've always had the puzzle aspect down from the get-go with my designs. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0