Egyptian Tribe Theme
Highland Tribe Theme
Medieval Tribe Theme
Outdoor Tribe Theme
Polar Tribe Theme
Shadow Tribe Theme
Space Tribe Theme
Sports Tribe Theme

Author Topic: What's your favourite Lemmings 2 tribe music [Commodore Amiga]?  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
What's your favourite Lemmings 2 tribe music [Commodore Amiga]?
« on: September 25, 2021, 09:55:58 AM »
Now, it's my turn to create a poll! There are a lot of Lemmings 2 versions -less than for Lemmings 1, yes, but still a lot-, and some of them have unique music for some tribes. In comparison with Amiga soundtrack, SNES, for example, has the traditional folk song "Country Gardens" (by Percy Grainger) as the main theme for Outdoor Tribe, as well as different melodies for Cavelem, Space, Sports and Classic Tribes, whereas the Mega Drive/Genesis port of the game has unique songs for almost all tribes: Classic, Outdoor, Sports, Medieval, Cavelem, Shadow and Beach.

Maybe those ports deserve a separate poll, but meanwhile, which Lemmings 2 tribe music from the Commodore Amiga is your favourite?

I would say Sports Tribe Theme in first place: I like its vibes, and I think it fits perfectly the dynamic spirit of sport. Cavelem Tribe Theme comes second in my preferences: maybe it's the more "tribal" music of the game. And in third place, I would say Highland Tribe, because I like that lovely medley of "Scotland The Brave" and "You Take The High Road".
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 10:06:03 AM by Ron_Stard »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: What's your favourite Lemmings 2 tribe music [Commodore Amiga]?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 08:52:07 AM »
I love the patriotic Scotland the Brave too, with the games having its roots in Scotland.

Wouldn't it be great to have Lemmings dressed as Scots with kilts and bagpipes marching through the levels?
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 01:46:09 PM »
Wouldn't it be great to have Lemmings dressed as Scots with kilts and bagpipes marching through the levels?

Hey, at least the Attractor is 100% dressed as an True Scotsman!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 02:03:02 PM »
Sports Tribe is definitely my top favourite music from the game, even though this melancholic track doesn't feel at all sporty -- unless perhaps you imagine it playing for a team gearing up for a match they know they are going to lose, but they still want to put on a good show?

Medieval Tribe is my other favourite. I find most of L2's music to be bland and forgettable, but these are two tracks I will definitely be using for some of my levels 8-)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 09:29:49 PM »
It's definitely hard to pick 3, because I really like L2's music.

Egyptian is my favorite, followed by Sports.

Honorable mentions: Outdoor, Medieval, Circus (though I wish it looped back to the zany beginning portions of the track...), Space, Shadow, Cavelem.

Dishonorable mention: Beach (I find this track to be fairly bland)

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 09:55:26 AM »
Definitely Cavelem. I tend to enjoy cave music in general, and this one's so nice! It's both relaxing and upbeat. I also like the overall progression. There are nice buildups, and the actual melodies are nice. Just a lovely theme!