Author Topic: [SuperLemmini] Alternative graphics  (Read 5924 times)

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SuperLemmini] Alternative graphics
« on: April 09, 2021, 08:02:13 AM »
The current Vertical Lock button in SL is the one that looks like this:

Since it's a bit unsightly against the panel's colour scheme, I've made one which replaces the big red cross with a padlock graphic:

To install, place the attached .png into gfx/icons. Let me know if you need any help with this.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 06:19:28 AM by WillLem »

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: [SL] Alternative panel graphic for V-Lock
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 07:24:48 PM »
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZtHb9XZHY89u4W6eR4aV78UdvestLy2liaX

Hey Willem!

I downloaded your vertical lock button.

I think the Icon looks a bit higher than the rest of the icons.
I made a full set of all icons here for you and I lowered the one you made to make them all match in height.

I made the xmas icons that are now a part of SuperLemmini and I made these to be an exact match to those.

...Jeremy Kapp

P.S. I always make myself an alternate set with titles at the top. The link below is my set with titles.
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZXjb9XZEw5bopo2Jc81Xu1rcmsOxYszcd2y
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 10:26:39 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Online WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 01:06:41 AM »
I downloaded your vertical lock button.

I think the Icon looks a bit higher than the rest of the icons.

Hmm, looking at your replacement, it's now much too low. The "pressed" version is also missing some pixels from the bottom arrow.

I have to say, I much prefer my original version. I will have another look at it though before submitting it for inclusion in the next version of SL, and perhaps align it better with the Restart button graphic; incidentally, I also think the Restart button (i.e. the one I did originally) needs another tickle, so I'll likely resubmit that as well.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 03:03:21 AM by WillLem »

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 03:35:00 AM »
Yeah, I completely resized your icon. The other icons have enough free space at the top to add text. Your v-lock didn't have that space. the restart button didn't have the top space either, so I made that new one for the same reason.

I included in my last message (at bottom) a link to my version with the text to show how that space can be used.

The bottom few pixels are compressed, but I like that effect to keep as much height as I can.

...Jeremy
...Jeremy Kapp

Online WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 05:10:21 PM »
I included in my last message (at bottom) a link to my version with the text to show how that space can be used.

The bottom few pixels are compressed, but I like that effect to keep as much height as I can.

Fair enough. If you prefer to have text on your icons, then of course that's up to you. The fact that the panel is entirely customisable means that, ultimately, users can have whatever combination of graphics they wish to have for it.

There does still need to be a default panel though, and the icon as I designed it is tailored to fit with the regular no-text SuperLemmini panel buttons; I still think mine is more suitable for that purpose.

Both the V-Lock and Restart buttons could do with some refinement though; I'll have another look at them and send some designs to Tsyu before the next release of SL. If you'd like to also have a look at them as well, I'd be happy to pass them on to you to get your input and feedback.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 06:42:58 PM »
Actually, I fixed my icon packs to show the bottom few pixels. After you brought that to my attention I decided to work it out better.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZreinXZzjGDkQ1yDFVQ2vwcUakrBHuFIM07
This is a link to all my icon packs
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 07:56:51 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Online WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 01:21:31 AM »
Cool, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 08:06:52 PM »
Here's a slight edit to your vlock icon. I thought the bottom colors were too dark.

...Jeremy Kapp
...Jeremy Kapp

Online WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 09:34:08 PM »
Thanks Jeremy, it took me a while to spot what you'd changed but indeed, the padlock has slightly lighter colours. I agree this looks better, so I'll add this tweak to the xmas icon as well and send them to Tsyu.

Online WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SuperLemmini] Alternative graphics
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2021, 06:32:35 AM »
Another quick addition. Here's the Bomber countdown numbers in their original colour and shape, made directly from Amiga screenshots:

If you wish to use these in your copy of SL, add them to gfx/lemming in your SuperLemmini resources folder.