Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.11.3, Editor V1.36 Released  (Read 4559 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix V12.11.3, Editor V1.36 Released
« on: February 07, 2021, 08:10:03 PM »
Alright, so this one ended up being a "lots of small things" update rather than having too much in the way of major features. With this being said, one major feature it does have is - finally - resizable terrain. But yes - many very nice smaller features, so check the changelog below to see what's on offer.

Changelog, V12.10.3 -> V12.11.0 (click to show/hide)

Changelog, V12.11.0 -> V12.11.1 (click to show/hide)

Changelog, V12.11.1 -> V12.11.2 (click to show/hide)

Changelog, V12.11.2 -> V12.11.3 (click to show/hide)

Download: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=501 (permalink to V12.11.3)
Styles: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=507 (permalink to 2021-05-23)
Editor: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=499 (permalink to V1.36)

You no longer need to download the styles; this is just provided for if you want to quickly grab all of them in one go. You can instead download styles as needed in-game, which is the recommended way to obtain styles and may be more up-to-date than the all styles ZIP.

If you are upgrading from V12.10.X or earlier, please set up in a new folder (you can copy over your Levels and Settings folders). If you are upgrading from V12.11.0 RC builds, you can just extract over the top of it.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 07:29:20 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.0, Editor V1.35 Released
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 08:10:50 PM »
(Reserved)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.0, Editor V1.35 Released
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 11:58:25 PM »
Uploaded V12.11.1 update. This fixes a major graphical bug in high-res mode, and should be considered an urgent update if you use high-res.

Attached ZIP can be used to update from V12.11.0 stable only - please use the full download in the first post otherwise.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.2, Editor V1.35 Released
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 06:32:57 PM »
Uploaded V12.11.2 update. This fixes a bug where if there are multiple preplaced lemmings in the same starting position, it is impossible (even after separating them) to assign skills to all but one of them.

Attached ZIP can be used to update from V12.11.0-stable or V12.11.1.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.2, Editor V1.36 Released
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 10:34:10 PM »
Editor V1.36 released, download link in first post. This is a bugfix update.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.3, Editor V1.36 Released
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 07:31:01 PM »
Uploaded V12.11.3 update. This backports most of the bug fixes I've made for the upcoming V12.12.

Attached ZIP can be used to update from V12.11.0-stable, V12.11.1 or V12.11.2. If you need to update from V12.10.XX or a V12.11.0-RC build, please use the full download in the first post and install to a fresh folder.
My Lemmings projects

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 04:19:04 PM »
Can anyone tell me if it's possible and how to use my own mp3 or ogg files for the music on a certain level pack? I'm new to NeoLemmix.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 04:26:20 PM »
Put the tracks inside the music folder, or in a subfolder inside the music folder. Then open the level in a text editor, and near the top there will be a "MUSIC" line. If the tracks are just inside the music folder, put the track name after the keyword "MUSIC"; if they are in a subfolder, put the folder name, a slash, then the track name.

Somewhere there's a list of all the music formats NL accepts, but I know for certain that it accepts mp3 and ogg; I have used both.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 07:23:19 PM »
NeoLemmix supports OGG, WAV, AIF(F) and MP3 for both music and sound effects; as well as MO3, IT, MOD, XM, S3M, MTM and UTX for music (but not for sound effects). Note that I would strongly recommend against using WAV or AIF(F) in practice for music, though they're fine for short sounds - this is simply because their filesizes tend to be huge.

The most notable common formats I can think of that it doesn't support are M4A, FLAC and MIDI - though all of these can be converted to something it does support.
My Lemmings projects

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 08:13:38 PM »
Thank you! that worked.

It would be nice to add "MUSIC" to the levels.nxm file. Then have the whole level randomly play music from that folder.

Just a though from a guy one day into this.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 08:38:12 PM »
Thank you! that worked.

It would be nice to add "MUSIC" to the levels.nxm file. Then have the whole level randomly play music from that folder.

Just a though from a guy one day into this.

You can specify a music list for the whole pack via a "music.nxmi" file. Take a look at existing packs, or the one in the data folder, to see how it works. Basically - if this file exists in a pack (or a subpack - so each rank could have its own music.nxmi file, for example), NL uses the pack's copy of the file, otherwise, it uses the one in the "data" folder (which of course, you can modify on your copy of NL if you wish).

If you want to treat the file as a list of music to select from randomly, rather than to progress through in order, add the word "RANDOM" on a line by itself (doesn't matter if it's before, after, or even in the middle of, the list of musics; just as long as it's on its own line).

Just as a slight disclaimer: Modifying the music.nxmi file in NL's "data" folder is not officially supported (on the other hand, packs supplying their own music.nxmi file 100% is officially supported). In practice - it's going to be basically impossible to break anything just by messing with it, this is more in the sense of "when you update NL, it will probably get overwritten, so keep a backup of your custom file".
My Lemmings projects

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 01:15:51 AM »
The Rough quality of the various Lemmings game logos have always bothered me. So I decided to correct many of them. I kept them original but fixed the color dropout and lines that didn't connect.

I attached a zip file containing  every official Lemmings game logo for NeoLemmix. (and a couple more)

The dropped out colors have always bothered me. Especially on ONML. So I slightly edited all of them for myself to straighten up a few lines and fix the missing face parts. I also made labels on them for each of the different lesser packs.

I posted them here for anyone else who is interested.

** P.S. I'll update these a few more times. The link will download the latest zip **
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 12:39:24 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp