Author Topic: Ultimate Levels of your packs  (Read 19083 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Ultimate Levels of your packs
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 06:36:18 PM »
If I remember correctly, Lemmerixo has very few skills left over. If I don't remember correctly, it still won't have more than two or three.

As for the Bullet Lemming backroute - I thought I had fixed that one. Maybe I haven't uploaded the fixed version of Lemmings Plus...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 12:16:30 AM »
The skills I had left over on Lemmerixo were 2 climbers, 1 builder, and 3 diggers. If the right solution "doesn't have more than two or three", that sounds like a back route, so here it is.........

Make the second lemming a blocker. The worker lemming mines off the top corner of the first platform then digs down the edge just far enough to build across the gap without hitting his head. Build up in a zigzag. Walk across the next platform, bashing through the obstacle. Dig down the edge again and build across the next gap. Climb up, mine and build to turn around, mine down to meet the bridge, and mine into the steel to stop the lemming climbing up. Release the other lemmings with a bomber.

The only difficulty in the entire solution is gauging the final miner, and even that is not very hard.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2004, 06:41:34 PM »
Quote from: Streetlight Admnistrator 370  link=1090901525/0#9 date=1092535462
Actually, I don't find confusion to be at all that hard. It does require a small bit of precision, but that's it.

But it's extremely hard to find the solution -- harder than all but about five levels of the original Lemmings, if that's any indication.

Winding Up Your Lemmings part 2 is also much too hard for its position in the set, and (if I've got the right solution) that DOES also require precision.

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 12:01:44 PM »
Quote from: Insane_Steve  link=1090901525/0#1 date=1090946583
Interesting thread...

Hey steve, sorry for out-of-topic post, but I can't seem to get your listed stembalo@msn.com e-mail address to work.  I wanted to e-mail you some alternate solutions to isteve02.dat #9 since in your solutions, you asked people to e-mail any they found, and I found like 3.

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2004, 04:41:59 PM »
Never mind, the e-mail address listed at his website is apparently outdated; found the (hopefully) current one in the profile.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2004, 08:14:01 PM »
Quote from: guest  link=1090901525/15#19 date=1100450519
Never mind, the e-mail address listed at his website is apparently outdated; found the (hopefully) current one in the profile.

The addresses at Garjen (And in my walkthrough files) are terribly outdated. The correct one is "stem_balo@sbcglobal.net" -- and I received three E-mails from you with many, many alternate routes. I'll overlook them once my computer stops crashing, but I thank you greatly for what I've read thus far... (LE Stage 2.9 is really, really flawed...)

Granted, we should probably continue this conversation via E-mail or PM.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2004, 10:14:16 AM »
You mean "look them over"... "overlook" means "ignore".

By the way, I've played most of your Cheapo levels now, so expect some comments soon... for now I'll just say that I love "The Chasm"!

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2004, 01:31:09 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1090901525/15#21 date=1100513656
You mean "look them over"... "overlook" means "ignore".

By the way, I've played most of your Cheapo levels now, so expect some comments soon... for now I'll just say that I love "The Chasm"!

In much the same way I sometimes say "outspoken" when I mean "outdebated". That may be a Freudian Slip, though... especially given my personality... Na. I've already replied and viewed all solutions sent to me.

And 6.10 LemEdit is WORKING! Finally!

And thank you! I can't wait to see your comments on my other levels...
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2004, 03:01:09 PM »
And 6.10 LemEdit is WORKING! Finally!

What? There's a new version of LemEdit? :???:
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2004, 10:08:22 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1090901525/15#23 date=1100617269
What? There's a new version of LemEdit? :???:

You wish.  ;P  Nah, he's talking about level #10 in his 6th levelpak (the "6.10" part) for custlemm (the "lemedit" part).  It used to crash t the game, but that's fixed now.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 10:02:15 PM »
Hmm. I just played Lemmerixo and beat it on my second try. Admittedly, I played "Rage of the Lemming" first, but the same solution I used there worked here, and it was very obvious to think of and relatively easy to implement. Now I'm curious as to what the intended solution is... I'm sure this solution was a backroute, though, it didn't use any climbers!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2005, 10:50:10 PM »
Lemmerixo must have a backroute then. I don't exactly remember the intended solution, but I remember it was quite hard.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005, 11:18:35 AM »
It does have at least one backroute. I posted it further up this page.