Author Topic: Ultimate Levels of your packs  (Read 16455 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Ultimate Levels of your packs
« on: July 27, 2004, 04:12:04 AM »
What is the "Ultimate" level in each of your packs? My ones:

Lemmings Plus - Funny: Number 1 Sturges Road
Lemmings Plus - Strange: Flying Away
Lemmings Plus - Weird: A Holiday In Hell
Lemmings Plus - Wacky: The Buildo Station
Lemmings Plus - Insane: Return Of The T <--- Also the ultimate level of the whole L+
Lemmings Plus 2 - Light: Indirect Route
Lemmings Plus 2 - Neutral: Confusion
Lemmings Plus 2 - Dark: The Parking Lot
Lemmings Plus 2 - Evil: Lemmerixo <--- Also the ultimate level of the whole L+2
Lemming Racers: Rana Drao Ku
Lemming Racers 2: Nuiht Dra Muhk Fyo <--- 007: Moonracer is harder if you try for 100% in it
Lemming Racers 3: Uphill Race <--- Probably the only LR level that can really be classed as "hard"
Ultimate Challenge: Without What Is Needed
Ultimate Challenge 2: Death In All Directions
Ultimate Challenge 3: Oblivion
Ultimate Challenge 4: Temple Of Oblivion
Ultimate Challenge 5: Castle Of Oblivion
Ultimate Challenge 6: All Your Lemming Are Belong To Us
Ultimate Challenge 7: Absolute Ultimate Challenge
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Levels of your packs
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 04:43:03 PM »
Interesting thread...

For my LemEdit packs, all of them are the tenth levels, except 6, where I think 9 in harder, and 9, where I also think 9 is harder, unless you've never seen the solution to 10, which I doubt.

Overall, in LemEdit, my hardest level is still, I think, "4 Pixels (or so) from Victory" (Set 3, level 10).

In my Cheapo sets:

Do the Mario!: I don't think any of the levels are truly hard, but I like "?????".
MPT: The Bar of Fire, just for its downright annoying precision. That, and it is pretty much impossible before you know the trick, even when you DO know it.
MS Paint Adventure: Ramico's Revenge, doubtlessly.
IS World: The last Ramico level is hard... but Fall and no life 3 is also tricky. I don't know.

I found Return of the T quite easy, personally. And, just looking at it, I don't see exactly what can be so hard with "Lemmerixo", but as I say that, I haven't beaten it yet.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 07:46:50 PM »
Trust me. Assuming that there's no backroutes, Lemmerixo is MUCH harder than it looks.

Oh, by the way, you may have noticed some L+2 levels are stolen from UC packs, the "Ultimate" L+2 levels are not counting the UC levels. If you count them, the Ultimate L+2 level is Castle Of Oblivion.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 01:29:01 AM »
Quote from: Streetlight Admnistrator 370  link=1090901525/0#0 date=1090901524

Lemmings Plus - Insane: Return Of The T <--- Also the ultimate level of the whole L+

Lemming Racers: Rana Drao Ku

Umm...isn't it Dialing 309 2000 that's the ultimate level of the whole L+?

And you said that in Lemming Racers that Imposiblemm Track is the hardest.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 09:56:41 AM »
Oh yeah. Forgot about that one. ^_^
My Lemmings projects

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 12:51:30 AM »
I also think that Windin' up your Lemmings is harder than Indirect Route and should have been placed in Neutral.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 04:31:40 AM »
Winding Up Your Lemmings isn't hard at all.

And by the way, before when I said something like "I forgot about that one", I was talking about Impossiblemm Track. Return Of The T is the ultimate level of L+, with Dialing 309 2000 as a close second. If Dialing 309 2000 required 100%, it would be the ultimate.
My Lemmings projects

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 05:34:30 AM »
Quote from: Streetlight Admnistrator 370  link=1090901525/0#6 date=1092457900
Winding Up Your Lemmings isn't hard at all.

Oh, please. It is harder than all the other Light levels you placed AFTER it in the level order...
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 04:26:34 PM »
Quote from: Streetlight Admnistrator 370  link=1090901525/0#6 date=1092457900
Return Of The T is the ultimate level of L+, with Dialing 309 2000 as a close second. If Dialing 309 2000 required 100%, it would be the ultimate.

Oh, please to that too! I was able to solve Return of the T, too! It was so easy for me! Dialing 309 2000 is the hardest level because of too much precision!

Why did you make Neutral 5 Confusion? It's too early for such a hard level to be Neutral 5. It should have been Neutral 15!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 02:04:22 AM »
It's to be like the original lemmings. Many levels out of place.

Actually, I don't find confusion to be at all that hard. It does require a small bit of precision, but that's it.

Dialing 309 2000, I actually found a solution that, not only saves 100%, but also has near fail-proof indications of when to perform a certian task.
My Lemmings projects

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 04:41:33 PM »
Steaver, you'll never believe this, but I BEAT LEMMERIXO!!!!! It's true! &#A0;:)

Temple of Oblivion is harder than all the other Dark Levels and should have been placed in Evil.

piainp2

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2004, 05:37:22 PM »
In my isulemms cheapo set, Lemming burner is the ultimate. (despite the fact it's only level 10). its the only level that requires precision, speed and multitasking lemmings.

Hard finish is the ultimate level of isulemms 2, despite the rather uninteresting introduction to it.

EDIT: I updated the post for Isulemms2

ANOTHER EDIT: LCD: Cry for me 3

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Style Trial: Cube2

LETS EDIT!: Style Trial Part 2: Satanic Lemmings (The precision is utter hell!)

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 03:49:37 AM »
In the "Lost Levels" pack I sort of released, "Back and Forth" is the hardest level, in my mind. Even from looking at it, the tasks just don't look suitable for the level... but they are.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 08:22:57 PM »
Quote from: Ice_Eagle91  link=1090901525/0#10 date=1092760893
Steaver, you'll never believe this, but I BEAT LEMMERIXO!!!!! It's true! &#A0;:)

Temple of Oblivion is harder than all the other Dark Levels and should have been placed in Evil.

Congratulations!
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2004, 10:55:39 PM »
Hope you don't mind opinions from a newcomer....

I've just beaten Lemmerixo, and I found it very easy. I'm not sure if I got the intended solution, because I had quite a few skills left over.

I've also found a backroute on "Bullet Lemming"; I know it's not on your list of ultimate levels, but thought I'd mention it anyway. Build over the small gap. Make the next two lemmings build so the builder has time to finish. Build up to the metal, the bash through the bridge after one lemming has gone up. Build to the top in a zigazg; float down; build under the next metal ceiling to turn round, then build back against the metal wall so the other lemmings can survive the fall. Then complete the course with the worker lemming and finally rebuild the broken bridge.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 06:36:18 PM »
If I remember correctly, Lemmerixo has very few skills left over. If I don't remember correctly, it still won't have more than two or three.

As for the Bullet Lemming backroute - I thought I had fixed that one. Maybe I haven't uploaded the fixed version of Lemmings Plus...
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 12:16:30 AM »
The skills I had left over on Lemmerixo were 2 climbers, 1 builder, and 3 diggers. If the right solution "doesn't have more than two or three", that sounds like a back route, so here it is.........

Make the second lemming a blocker. The worker lemming mines off the top corner of the first platform then digs down the edge just far enough to build across the gap without hitting his head. Build up in a zigzag. Walk across the next platform, bashing through the obstacle. Dig down the edge again and build across the next gap. Climb up, mine and build to turn around, mine down to meet the bridge, and mine into the steel to stop the lemming climbing up. Release the other lemmings with a bomber.

The only difficulty in the entire solution is gauging the final miner, and even that is not very hard.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2004, 06:41:34 PM »
Quote from: Streetlight Admnistrator 370  link=1090901525/0#9 date=1092535462
Actually, I don't find confusion to be at all that hard. It does require a small bit of precision, but that's it.

But it's extremely hard to find the solution -- harder than all but about five levels of the original Lemmings, if that's any indication.

Winding Up Your Lemmings part 2 is also much too hard for its position in the set, and (if I've got the right solution) that DOES also require precision.

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 12:01:44 PM »
Quote from: Insane_Steve  link=1090901525/0#1 date=1090946583
Interesting thread...

Hey steve, sorry for out-of-topic post, but I can't seem to get your listed stembalo@msn.com e-mail address to work.  I wanted to e-mail you some alternate solutions to isteve02.dat #9 since in your solutions, you asked people to e-mail any they found, and I found like 3.

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2004, 04:41:59 PM »
Never mind, the e-mail address listed at his website is apparently outdated; found the (hopefully) current one in the profile.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2004, 08:14:01 PM »
Quote from: guest  link=1090901525/15#19 date=1100450519
Never mind, the e-mail address listed at his website is apparently outdated; found the (hopefully) current one in the profile.

The addresses at Garjen (And in my walkthrough files) are terribly outdated. The correct one is "stem_balo@sbcglobal.net" -- and I received three E-mails from you with many, many alternate routes. I'll overlook them once my computer stops crashing, but I thank you greatly for what I've read thus far... (LE Stage 2.9 is really, really flawed...)

Granted, we should probably continue this conversation via E-mail or PM.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2004, 10:14:16 AM »
You mean "look them over"... "overlook" means "ignore".

By the way, I've played most of your Cheapo levels now, so expect some comments soon... for now I'll just say that I love "The Chasm"!

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2004, 01:31:09 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1090901525/15#21 date=1100513656
You mean "look them over"... "overlook" means "ignore".

By the way, I've played most of your Cheapo levels now, so expect some comments soon... for now I'll just say that I love "The Chasm"!

In much the same way I sometimes say "outspoken" when I mean "outdebated". That may be a Freudian Slip, though... especially given my personality... Na. I've already replied and viewed all solutions sent to me.

And 6.10 LemEdit is WORKING! Finally!

And thank you! I can't wait to see your comments on my other levels...
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2004, 03:01:09 PM »
And 6.10 LemEdit is WORKING! Finally!

What? There's a new version of LemEdit? :???:
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2004, 10:08:22 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1090901525/15#23 date=1100617269
What? There's a new version of LemEdit? :???:

You wish.  ;P  Nah, he's talking about level #10 in his 6th levelpak (the "6.10" part) for custlemm (the "lemedit" part).  It used to crash t the game, but that's fixed now.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 10:02:15 PM »
Hmm. I just played Lemmerixo and beat it on my second try. Admittedly, I played "Rage of the Lemming" first, but the same solution I used there worked here, and it was very obvious to think of and relatively easy to implement. Now I'm curious as to what the intended solution is... I'm sure this solution was a backroute, though, it didn't use any climbers!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2005, 10:50:10 PM »
Lemmerixo must have a backroute then. I don't exactly remember the intended solution, but I remember it was quite hard.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005, 11:18:35 AM »
It does have at least one backroute. I posted it further up this page.