Author Topic: [SuperLemmini] DMA Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings (Remastered) [V1.01 UPDATE]  (Read 10559 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile

Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings by DMA Design
Remastered for SuperLemmini!

The version of the original games that ships with SuperLemmini is just fine, but this is an enhanced, remastered version which presents these levels in an improved way. Here's how:

:lemming: Better-behaved steel - the steel has been set to "Autosteel" and "Non-classic", which in SuperLemmini means that the steel areas fit the steel blocks exactly; it's possible to destroy all of the surrounding terrain using the various skills, whilst the steel itself is always indestructible (N.B. even if a steel block is partially overlapped with terrain, it will still be fully rendered as steel - see full explanation of the steel behaviour here.)

:lemming: No fake objects - in the early LVL files, water and fire objects outside of the "playable" area of the level were sometimes marked as fake, since they were only there for decorative purposes. This remaster restores all visible objects in every level as real, and therefore they will behave as expected; this may be handy for challenges and remix levels, as well as adding consistency and removing the potential for the levels to be misleading.

:lemming: Restoration of missing decorative terrain previously cropped from larger levels - the levels in SuperLemmini were cropped slightly at the far right, meaning that any decorative terrain in that area of the level was partially hidden. This has been corrected, so all decorative terrain is now restored and visible.

:lemming: All bonus and 2-player levels are now accessible from the main level pack folder - the 2-Player levels are now in their own folders within the main level pack, where previously they were not accessible from the level select menu.

:lemming: 2-Player levels edited for single-player use - As much as is possible with the multiplayer maps, these levels have been edited so that the screen start is in a better area, and the hatches spawn lemmings in both directions to emulate the multiplayer experience as closely as possible. All other level attributes remain exactly as they were originally.

:lemming: Better naming scheme for the level files - All levels have been renamed with their rank number, level number and full title for greater convenience and easy access (e.g. "101 Just Dig!", and "430 Rendezvous At The Mountain").

:lemming: No oddtabling of the repeat levels - each level in Lemmings now has its own unique .ini file and ID, where previously the repeats would simply "refer" to the .ini file of their counterpart. Again, this can be very handy for locating the levels individually for any reason, or for making remix levels.

:lemming: Enhanced and repackaged "special levels" graphics - The "special levels" graphics have been compiled into a single style folder called "DMA", complete with recoloured entrances and exits as per the Amiga version of the game. The level graphics themselves are now also separate, unique PNG files within this style (as opposed to "special" counterparts of other styles), so are far less likely to cause issues such as "unable to find" error messages, which these levels have previously been prone to. As long as you have the DMA style installed in your SuperLemmini directory, these levels should now work perfectly.

So, enjoy this restored, enhanced version of the original games in your copy of SuperLemmini! :lemcat:

N.B. It's very likely that any of my future record-keeping will refer specifically to this copy of the game, and if Tsyu becomes active again any time soon, I'll suggest to him that these copies replace the existing SuperLemmini ones (with community consensus, of course).

To install, simply unzip the folder to your SuperLemmini directory; it contains everything you need to run the game, including the levels themselves and the "DMA" styles folder. Please don't hesistate to comment or message me if you experience any issues get your copy set up.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 12:51:27 AM by WillLem »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: [SuperLemmini] DMA Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings [Remastered]
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 12:57:20 AM »
Awesome, WillLem. Yes I think this remastered version should be much better than the one that Tsyu put into Superlemmini. I will be slowly putting the replays into this remastered version since you  didn't include any but lemmings and ohno are pretty easy levels compared to many custom packs whether SL or NL.

I think your doing a fabulous job with Superlemmini(including your mini Superlemmini and Xmas Superlemmini packs as well as your Reverse and and Reverse Ohno packs).

Maybe sometime try making a small pack with custom styles (ie using Icho's and Zanzindorfs styles). Maybe like a small 10-level pack using these, since I still enjoy Superlemmini. This is why I wanted to convert some lemmini custom packs to Superlemmini, so more custom ones would be availiable.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 05:26:00 PM »
A user messaged me to report that the 3 stomper traps in Wild 15 THE SILENCE OF THE LEMMINGS were not triggering in their copy.

EDIT: The user has now confirmed that they were having this issue in the old version of Amiga Lemmings for NeoLemmix, which has recently been updated to fix these issues relating to misplaced trap triggers.

These traps do work for me, so could everyone who has this pack please just do a quick check of this level. To enter debug mode and temporarily unlock all levels, choose "Enter Code" from the main menu and type "0xdeadbeef", then you can access this level even if you haven't played through the others yet.

Please note which version of SL you are using as well; 0.104a is the latest.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:26:34 PM by WillLem »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 06:06:11 PM »
Reporting that the stomper traps on Wild 15 work just fine for me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 06:38:26 PM »
yes the stompers traps and the wheel trap work in my copy also. (Wild 15)

When I was converting icho's Lemmings Reunion to Superlemmini, I had to fix alot of the traps though(also exits), because his special styles were different than the original ones; even his
levels using original and ohno tile sets because even those ones the traps and exits wouldn't work.

So I had to use the Mod feature so his pack and other packs used different tile sets.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 06:45:14 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 06:46:07 PM »
Another problem to report. Tame 13's level title does not appear in the level select menu and it also crashes the game. See screenshot. All other levels appear in the level select menu for the ONML Remastered pack, and so I'm going to assume they all load just fine.

edit: Ok, never mind, I figured it out. The dash was in the wrong place in the levelpack.ini file. It has to be after the 113 in the levelpack.ini file. Also, need to make sure the level title matches. There's no dash in the .ini file for Tame 13, so need to make sure to get rid of it in the levelpack.ini so that it matches. Or, you can simply add in the dash between Thunder and Lemmings in both the 113 .ini and levelpack .ini. The important thing is that the level title in the levelpack.ini file matches the .ini file name it refers to. Checking Lemmini's version of Tame 13, there is indeed a dash between Thunder and Lemmings in the level title, and so for consistency I modified the name in the .ini files.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 06:59:47 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 06:58:21 PM »
yes the stompers traps and the wheel trap work in my copy also. (Wild 15)

Thanks for confirming, guys.

When I was converting icho's Lemmings Reunion to Superlemmini, I had to fix alot of the traps though(also exits), because his special styles were different than the original ones

That shouldn't be a problem for this pack, since it uses the original styles only (apart from the special graphics levels, but these will work as long as you have installed the "DMA" styles folder included with the pack).

Another problem to report. Tame 13's level title does not appear in the level select menu and it also crashes the game.
---
edit: Ok, never mind, I figured it out. The dash was in the wrong place in the levelpack.ini files

Thanks, kaywhyn. I've fixed this; a dash needing adding to the levelpack.ini file; the level file itself is named correctly.

EDIT: As of V1.01, the .ini titles no longer contain dashes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:28:06 PM by WillLem »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 07:01:09 PM »
yes, My tame 15 13 also missing, but I fixed already, so I didn't download the new levelpack.ini posted.

Edit tame 13, sorry

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 07:04:52 PM »
Thanks, Eric.

For anyone who has already downloaded the pack (9 of you, apparently!) and experiences an issue with Tame 13 Thunder-Lemmings Are Go!, the fix is here.

EDIT: Please update to V1.01, available to download from the OP :lemcat:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:29:53 PM by WillLem »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 07:07:01 PM »
Also, a quick check with all levels unlocked for the OL Remastered (I simply copied the alllevelsunlockedline = true line from the ONML levelpack.ini file) and I have confirmed that all level titles appear in the level select menu, so no issues there like with Tame 13. So, here I will assume that every level loads up fine.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 07:12:44 PM »
Thanks, kaywhyn!

Regarding Wild 15 THE SILENCE OF THE LEMMINGS, it turns out that the user was reporting this issue from the NeoLemmix version of Amiga Lemmings* (not to be confused with this pack); as it happens, they were using the old version. The recent update fixes all of the issues with misplaced trap triggers, so updating their copy solved the problem for them.

So, it would appear that other than the typo in the levelpack.ini file (now fixed), this pack is working just fine!

*N.B. I figured that there may be some confusion between these two (i.e. Amiga Lemmings for NeoLemmix and this very similar collection for SuperLemmini), particularly for those who use both platforms, hence why I titled it DMA Lemmings instead. I guess it also doesn't help that I've released an update for the other on the same day as releasing this one, so my apologies for any confusion caused.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:31:23 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
V1.01 Update Released

See the OP for the fresh download.

Please note that this is to be considered a critical update; if you already have this pack, it's strongly recommended that you replace it with V1.01. It's also very likely to be the final update to this pack :lemcat:

Here's what's fixed:

:lemming: All steel areas set to "autosteel" with "no overwrite" disabled - the steel on certain levels in the previous version did not function properly because it was set to "no overwrite", this has now been corrected.

:lemming: All levels have now been renamed with the following format - "000 Title Of Level" (I've removed the dashes).

:lemming: Some levels that still had missing decorative terrain have now had this restored.

:lemming: "#Version 1.01" added to levelpack.ini for easy version recognition.

I'm 99.9% confident that this pack will be the final version; everything has been checked over thoroughly and is up to standards. In the unlikely event that I've missed something again, please let me know.

N.B. If you have already played this pack, your previous replays should still work. Let me know if you have any issues regarding this.

Enjoy the updated pack! :lemcat:

I have also performed a similar update for The Complete Reverse Lemmings.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 03:30:58 AM by WillLem »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Hey Willem, I noticed 1 mistake.

The Battle at Midway doesn't show up in the level list.

Also in your levelpack.ini it says bonus_9 = 621 Battle at Midway.ini,15, but the level .ini says 510 Battle at Midway.ini so in the levelpack.ini it needs to say bonus_9 = 510 Battle at Midway.ini,15

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Thanks for letting me know, Eric.

The decision to move Battle At Midway to the bonus rank rather than the 2P rank was due it actually being a bonus level from the Amiga demo; it wasn't an official 2P level from Lemmings. Also, it brings the Bonus rank to an even 10 levels :lemcat:

Here's the levelpack.ini fix (I've re-uploaded the OP download as well).

For those who already have this pack, simply copy the attached levelpack.ini file to levels/DMA Lemmings (Remastered) V1.01 and choose to replace.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Acorn Music for Oh No! More Lemmings (Remastered)
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 02:39:28 AM »
If you'd prefer to have the Acorn music for Oh No! More Lemmings (26 tracks), here it is!

Instructions for setup:

1 Unzip the folder
2 Navigate to your SuperLemmini directory
3 Place the "Acorn ONML" folder into the "music" folder
4 Place the "levelpack.ini" file into "DMA Oh No! More Lemmings (Remastered) V1.01" in the "levels" folder

Let me know if you need any help with this.

Enjoy :lemcat: