Author Topic: Lix Multiplayer, Sunday, Jan 3, 2021, 18 UTC/13 EST  (Read 8007 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Lix Multiplayer, Sunday, Jan 3, 2021, 18 UTC/13 EST
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 05:24:36 PM »
I'll try to be there on time but I might be late; don't wait for me.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 10:22:37 PM »
Session is over! Thanks to everybody for 4 hours of quality fun.

Twitch vod of the session (will be here for 14 days); Icho will also upload his own recording to Youtube.

Flopsy will schedule another session, for the weekend in either 1 or 2 weeks. In the future, we'll have a multiplayer-map-making contest: The editor has the Undo feature and we lack 5-player and 7-player maps.

-- Simon

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2021, 10:56:21 PM »
thanks for the game. Was a lot of fun; I liked the new maps. I liked the new twist on (forget level name but the one where you get 4 floaters to go down and make a splatform.

I'll likely be available on Sundays versus Saturdays. I won't schedule a game if someone else is going to.

I just happen to suddenly feel in the mood to make some multiplayer maps, so I might try that. I need a bit of a reminder on how to dictate what number of players your map is for/how to have it wrap properly.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 11:01:35 PM »
I need a bit of a reminder on how to dictate what number of players your map is for/how to have it wrap properly.

Number of players is located in the level constants menu in the editor, which is the same screen where you set things like the title and author.
There's a button below that labeled Map where you can set the map size and wrap settings.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2021, 11:15:33 PM »
This was really great, I had loads of fun with the multiplayer even though I suck at the moment! (Although, I don't suck as much as Shmoley's vacuum cleaner :crylaugh:)

Here are some of the more notable results from the evening's session 8-)

I'm pretty sure there were some other games as well that I lost, but we don't need to know about those! ;P

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to the next session!