Author Topic: [Neolemmix] Godlems [Difficulty: Easy - Hard]  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Godlems [Difficulty: Easy - Very Hard]
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 09:59:49 PM »
Resolved the pack. Replays attached. :)

These levels are Normal 2: Current. and Hard 5: The Incredible NO-LEMMING  World!.

To Normal 2 I found the intended solution.

For Hard 5: I think you want to enforce too much at the start here and there will most likely always be a more efficient way as the terrain is very open towards a lot of possibilities.  Your intended solution just uses too many skills to create the situation you aim for. I would go the "adjust the intended route"/"accept alternatives" way here as a fix would most likely lead to some quite obscure OWW constructs.

I saw your replays and you found the original solution for these levels :D I'll not do anything with Hard 5, i think that accept alternatives is the best solution by now, thanks :thumbsup:

Online IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »
I've been asked if I can give a bit more in depth feedback so here it goes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All in all, it's a very good pack though! :thumbsup:

The thing where you could improve the most for future pack is in the looks departement I think. This is also a bit personal preference from myself as well though. ;)
A few cases of bumps in the difficulty curve are there, but ranking after difficulty is a thing everybody struggles with as you will always judge difficulty differently than the player. I don't really mind a few bumps in the difficulty curve as well and it's definitly not a major thing here. :)

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »
I've been asked if I can give a bit more in depth feedback so here it goes:

All in all, it's a very good pack though! :thumbsup:

The thing where you could improve the most for future pack is in the looks departement I think. This is also a bit personal preference from myself as well though. ;)
A few cases of bumps in the difficulty curve are there, but ranking after difficulty is a thing everybody struggles with as you will always judge difficulty differently than the player. I don't really mind a few bumps in the difficulty curve as well and it's definitly not a major thing here. :)

Thank you by this feedback, I really consider your feedbacks in my level packs. About the decoration I've some difficulty, but I'm learning and finding inspiration in others player's lp. :thumbsup:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Godlems [Difficulty: Easy - Hard]
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2021, 10:45:41 PM »
Hello Duuddu,

I've solved all of the pack. My replays are attached.

General Remarks

Wow, this pack is a step up in terms of quality and difficulty from your other two packs for Old Formats. Even though it's shorter than either pack, it's not an easy one at all. Even the Easy rank is no pushover despite the ranking name leading you to believe otherwise. While your other two packs were challenging as well, this pack is definitely your hardest thus far. It's still a great pack and definitely was a great challenge from start to finish. That reminds me, I need to post my replays for your other two packs in the appropriate level pack topic sometime.

Easy Rank Feedback

As I already mentioned, don't be fooled by the ranking name, as it's still no complete slouch/pushover. It's still easier than both the Normal and Hard ranks, just harder than usual levels and not complete walks in the park.

Normal Rank Feedback

Harder levels here. Some of these took me a while to figure out and solve.

Hard Rank Feedback

Even harder levels here. Hard 1 and Hard 4 - Godlems were the hardest for me. In particular, Hard 4 took me the longest to solve out of any level in the pack, and my solution is extremely timing heavy and super precise. I really made my life hard on this level. The result was just so much frustration from rewinding so much and the extremely long waiting game just to get the timing correct and for the solution to finally work out. I saw Icho's and Armani's solutions after solving this level and yea, as I thought there are much easier ways to do the solution. Granted, I kept giving up on this level in frustration and came back occasionally from time to time, and I finally managed to solve it today, although again very fiddly, messy, and timing heavy, along with the super long waiting game.

Overall, nice job with the pack, and I look forward to more packs from you in the future if you're thinking of making more levels ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2021, 08:01:07 PM »
Hello Duuddu,

I've solved all of the pack. My replays are attached.

General Remarks

Wow, this pack is a step up in terms of quality and difficulty from your other two packs for Old Formats. Even though it's shorter than either pack, it's not an easy one at all. Even the Easy rank is no pushover despite the ranking name leading you to believe otherwise. While your other two packs were challenging as well, this pack is definitely your hardest thus far. It's still a great pack and definitely was a great challenge from start to finish. That reminds me, I need to post my replays for your other two packs in the appropriate level pack topic sometime.

Easy Rank Feedback

As I already mentioned, don't be fooled by the ranking name, as it's still no complete slouch/pushover. It's still easier than both the Normal and Hard ranks, just harder than usual levels and not complete walks in the park.

Normal Rank Feedback

Harder levels here. Some of these took me a while to figure out and solve.

Hard Rank Feedback

Even harder levels here. Hard 1 and Hard 4 - Godlems were the hardest for me. In particular, Hard 4 took me the longest to solve out of any level in the pack, and my solution is extremely timing heavy and super precise. I really made my life hard on this level. The result was just so much frustration from rewinding so much and the extremely long waiting game just to get the timing correct and for the solution to finally work out. I saw Icho's and Armani's solutions after solving this level and yea, as I thought there are much easier ways to do the solution. Granted, I kept giving up on this level in frustration and came back occasionally from time to time, and I finally managed to solve it today, although again very fiddly, messy, and timing heavy, along with the super long waiting game.

Overall, nice job with the pack, and I look forward to more packs from you in the future if you're thinking of making more levels ;)

Thank you by the Feedback, I always uses it for my future LP :thumbsup:
I've seen all your replays and you made what I think that was impossible: Win Hard 4 - Godlems, without the RR at 7 at the start. Congratulations!

And you didn't use the digger at Hard - 1 too :D

Overall, you used the original solution in almost all levels :thumbsup:

About the levels names references:

LM098 PaLLace - It was my 98 I ever did on Neolemmix (since I started to save as LM001, LM002..). It was a palace decoration. I just bring it to the new Neolemmix format and use another decoration, but with the tiles exatcly up on the old tiles...

Hotel 626 - This was a browser horror game by 2008-2012, I just wanted to do a referece here

And too, I didn't put the Hard 4 - Godlems as the last level of the pack, because on the original pack the Hardest level is Mayhem 29 - Save me. But about the last level, I've tried to do a hard timer level, but I failed haha, but it enforces more the reference to the original LP, I think.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 09:43:13 PM »
Thank you by the Feedback, I always uses it for my future LP :thumbsup:

Hey Duuddu, great to hear from you :) My pleasure on the feedback. LP = level pack. Hmm, I wonder why I never noticed this before. I've always used LP to mean Let's Play a level pack :crylaugh:

I've seen all your replays and you made what I think that was impossible: Win Hard 4 - Godlems, without the RR at 7 at the start. Congratulations!

Yea, it's amazing how I never ever thought of a much easier way to do it, the way Armani and Icho did. Easiest way to stop the madness I did in that level is to put in a time limit. My solution does, after all, take over 20 minutes :lem-mindblown: There were a couple of levels in United where Icho didn't mind the long waiting game at first, but when he saw other people doing the same waiting game in their solutions he decided to end the madness and put in a time limit. Of course, it's your choice if you want to do that for Hard 4, although in all likelihood I probably will be the only one who ever solved it in this crazy way :P

And too, I didn't put the Hard 4 - Godlems as the last level of the pack, because on the original pack the Hardest level is Mayhem 29 - Save me. But about the last level, I've tried to do a hard timer level, but I failed haha, but it enforces more the reference to the original LP, I think.

True, I've generally seen that the penultimate level is harder than the final level in the many packs that I've played and solved. Your pack Godlems is certainly no exception. I'll need to take a look at your first level pack again then, as I don't remember any kind of reference Hard 5 refers to. It's been a long time since I played it ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0