Author Topic: conversion of Icholotots lemmini Lemmings reunion into Superlemmini  (Read 13795 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
I downloaded icholotots v1.5 lemmings reunion for Lemmini. I have his levels, music and styles all put into my correct Superlemmini folders. I have it converted to Superlemmini already. I'm using 1.43f-c to correct the Superlemmini levels that dont have lemmings exiting. so this will be slow process. and even his special tiles already have been working. half way through 1st rank already (with replays). I think the music sounds better in Superlemmini's version than Neolemmix. Of course right now I'm just fixing the levels so they play. will be using replays I have from neolemmix's version and also with Icho's youtube channel, since I'm not good at level solving.
And as far as back routes I will use the neolemmix's last version of it after I just get this version to work.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: conversion of Icholotots lemmini Lemmings reunion into Superlemmini
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 05:22:34 PM »
I noticed icholotots styles are affecting my other packs in Superlemmini. ie trap issues and exit issues that were not happening before this.

But not an issue for me as I save everything to my Googledrive.

so what I'm doing and did is when converting reunion to Superlemmini

1) temporarily using Icho's styles(named just "Styles") folders to convert Reunion to Superlemmini and when I'm finished with every rank and level
2) rename this one: "Styles-altered for Reunion" and put back the original one just named "Styles" from my googledrive

and whenever I want to play reunion on Superlemmini, I'll just name the altered one as "Styles" and rename original one "Styles-normal"
and whenever I want to play any other pack, I'll rename Icho's one back to "Styles-altered for Reunion" and rename "Styles-normal" back to just "Styles"

for Superlemmini to work, one has to do this as Superlemmini just looks for the folder named "Styles" not "Style-altered for Reunion" or "Styles-normal"

So for your Info. If you want this conversion pack for Superlemmini, Make sure before(A must) you extract this conversion pack, to backup your "Styles", "Levels" and "Music" folders and rename them something else for your other packs like I did above.

Also Icho warned about this in the Thread about his Reunion pack (although was for regular Lemmini),but still this must be done or it will affect your other  packs, and this is very difficult to fix. Luckly I noticed this early on and did this above. Also I'm very good about Superlemmini's Structure, so I know what I'm doing.

Finally I'm almost finished with first rank (25 of 30 levels done)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 05:54:20 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 05:12:55 AM »
onto the 3rd rank (hurt me plenty) all the 1st and 2nd rank are done. I have all the replays saved by using icholotot's youtube channel. It's quicker than using replays from neolemmix. And of course no crashes so far. also have been testing the traps, I think there only is a problem with the traps because of Icho's styles. This wouldn't happen with the normal styles.

ok did the 30 levels of rank 2. saved replays
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:19:26 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 01:24:30 AM »
I've been watching Icho's Youtube Channel for his solutions. In Hurt Me Plenty's (Rank 3)-"And here comes the Lemming Train". he discusses backroutes in this level. i noticed the Lemmini version
had 2 extra builders and a save requirement of 59 of 60.  In his youtube channel the solution most likely had a backroute fix thus changing the builder count and save requirement. So I changed it to be like the video (the level I have now shows 2 less builders and changed it to 60 of 60). And I already have the replay saved for this level according to Icho's solution. I'm guessing originally having 59 of 60 one had to use a bomber, but now he changed it.

EDIT:

in level 6 (Winter Soldiers) rank 3 there is a trick with a builder that he mentioned only works in Lemmini(also works in Superlemmini) but not in neolemmix, thus in neolemmix save requirement is 9/10 but in Lemmini(and now Superlemmini) it's 10/10. I solved it though (10/10). Also his channel deals with solutions in neolemmix.

EDIT2:

In level 10 (Did everyone turn left) rank 3 the level is different than neolemmix's version so It took me awhile to solve. There is a beartrap on bottom in Lemmini's version. Not in neolemmix. because of the beartrap in Lemmini's version there was 1 extra digger. Also +1 basher. and -1 miner.
so I finally figured to use that extra digger on weed hanging down when a lemming is facing left then bash just under beartrap with that one when is on bottom level(facing left of course)

and Icho didn't mention difference with the Lemmini version on his youtube channel so I didn't change it to neolemmix's version, but I solved it anyways.
And I wonder why he didn't use Lemmini version of it in Neolemmix. I think Lemmini's one is a tad harder. and it is the 3rd rank. the neolemmix one is too easy for a 3rd rank one. (unless there is a backroute somewhere that Icho didn't use it in neolemmix)

here are the 2 different levels:one is neolemmix version and one is lemmini version. Included replays for both versions.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:47:00 AM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 07:49:05 AM »
In level 10 (Did everyone turn left) rank 3 the level is different than neolemmix's version so It took me awhile to solve. There is a beartrap on bottom in Lemmini's version. Not in neolemmix. because of the beartrap in Lemmini's version there was 1 extra digger. Also +1 basher. and -1 miner.
so I finally figured to use that extra digger on weed hanging down when a lemming is facing left then bash just under beartrap with that one when is on bottom level(facing left of course)

and Icho didn't mention difference with the Lemmini version on his youtube channel so I didn't change it to neolemmix's version, but I solved it anyways.
And I wonder why he didn't use Lemmini version of it in Neolemmix. I think Lemmini's one is a tad harder. and it is the 3rd rank. the neolemmix one is too easy for a 3rd rank one. (unless there is a backroute somewhere that Icho didn't use it in neolemmix)

Great job on actually solving a Reunion level! However, there's a much easier way in Lemmini thanks to a miner/blocker trick that only works in Lemmini. See my replay I attached. My solution consists of blocking at the top with the first lemming after he walks for a bit, and then digging with about the last lemming. After a few strokes, mine to release the blocker. The pit should be deep enough so that the blocker turns around. Once the blocker is released, assign a blocker to the miner after the miner finishes a stroke but before he starts moving. Instead of blocking, the miner will fall, walk, and turn around. Thus, the bottom of the level doesn't even get used. That's because in Lemmini, if you look closely, the miner is actually hovering in the air, which explains why assigning a blocker to the miner immediately releases it. If the miner starts moving, he will momentarily be on the ground, and so he'll block as normal if this happens. Thus, the blocker needs to be assigned at the right time. Since this doesn't happen in Superlemmini/Neolemmix, you can't do this miner/blocker trick, and in the other versions you have to use the bottom of the level anyway. 

In any case, I appreciate the work you're doing in converting the Lemmini packs to Superlemmini. Once I'm done with United, I'll definitely try out your Superlemmini conversion packs. I'm similar to you in that I pretty much prefer the classical way of playing lemmings, i.e, the classic 8 skills, time limits, and, most importantly, timed bombers. This was why it took me so long to transition to Neolemmix since Lemmini and Superlemmini pretty much have all I wanted. I especially love the directional select feature, i.e, holding down the left/right arrow so that only a lemming in that particular direction gets selected, which was how I found out about Lemmini.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 08:21:53 AM »
Yes I see your replay. I tried to do it in my conversion of Superlemmini, I don't think your way works in Superlemmini. And I can't do my Superlemmini solution in Regular Lemmini. I think it's because Lemmini doesn't have forward or backward framstepping. although Superlemmini has forward. so at least I uploaded 2 versions in neolemmix. I altered neolemmix version to match my solution of Superlemmini's
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 03:14:40 PM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 08:31:33 AM »
Did you watch the replay on actual Lemmini? If you don't have it, you'll need to set up Lemmini in order to view it. Like I mentioned above, the miner/blocker trick is exclusive to Lemmini. It doesn't exist in Superlemmini, and so my replay will not work in Superlemmini. Therefore, don't watch Lemmini replays in Superlemmini or vice versa. And yes, you're right about forward and backward framestepping being completely absent in Lemmini.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 08:56:32 AM »
yes I have Lemmini. I've played the original ones before. I saw your replay actually in Lemmini.
I also have Reunion in Lemmini and Dovelems too. Although I now have Dovelemms in Superlemmi

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 09:09:13 AM »
All rightie, sounds good. Just thought you be interested in seeing a shortcut that somehow got overlooked in Lemmini. Of course, if one knows about the miner/blocker trick in Lemmini then yea you can cheese the level the way I did. Again, doesn't work in Superlemmini because the miner is not hovering in the air like it is in Lemmini. Carry on with the conversion, then. Got to love the rank finishers! ;)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 09:13:31 AM »
oh and by the way I'm slowly making my way through the conversion of Superlemmini's Conversion of Reunion. I've been saving the replays according to Ichos Youtube Channel. although his are in neolemmix. I just hope I don't come across a Level in Superlemmini that is different and I won't be able to solve it. 95% of the levels I have to move down the exit by 1 or 2 pixels so the lemmings can exit. also the traps too have to be moved down 1 or 2 pixels. for some reason Icho's Styles change it in Superlemmini vs Regular Lemmini.

I know you've played Reunion in Regular Lemmini so If I find a Level I can't solve in Superlemmini because Icho's neolemmix version is different. then you can send me a replay in regular lemmini. But for now, Not yet. but I will let you know. just daily check in the posts for Updates on my Superlemmin version of Reunion. Sometimes I dont do new posts. sometimes edits which can be missed. I think I saw Icho post something about doing a new post not just an edit
or he will probably miss it.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »
Just posting to show that I am aware of the project. ;)

I am not agaist this, so you got my official permission to move on. On the other end don't expect any greater support from my side as I simply don't want to put effort/time into SuperLemmini right now. So you are free to move on, just don't expect with extra work from my side.

If you need any "official" replays/solutions for reference though simply ask, that should not be a problem. :)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »
yes, Thanks Icho. I do notice differences in neolemmixs version in your Youtube channel. If I need help in Lemmini's version, I will be sure to get a replay from you(but in Lemmini) so when I do it in Superlemmini I'll have a replay. Of course any notes you want to add be sure to do that.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 04:46:45 PM »
Your Awesome Icho. Thanks for the P.M. of the old Lemmini replays. I knew a German person like you is great. Also I really respect people trying to learn English there unlike where I live in California, many people here from Mexico don't even try to learn english.

These replays(although for Lemmini) will greatly help me in my conversion into Superlemmini. Super, Toll, Grossartig, Wunderbar. Danke sehr wieder, Icho
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 05:12:21 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 05:39:22 PM »
Your Lemmini replays have already made a difference. In rank 3 level Redeeming of the Dead Lemmings, I didn't think it was possible to do with only 9 builders, so I changed my Superlemmini one to your youtube neolemmix one. But after watching your P.M. replay of it, I changed it back and solved it now in Superlemmini.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:21:55 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2020, 05:46:00 PM »
Also Kaywhn Icho's solution of "Did every turn left?" is my solution in Superlemmini.