Author Topic: conversion of Icholotots lemmini Lemmings reunion into Superlemmini  (Read 13808 times)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: conversion of Icholotots lemmini Lemmings reunion into Superlemmini
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 06:03:24 PM »
oh and by the way I'm slowly making my way through the conversion of Superlemmini's Conversion of Reunion.

I know you've played Reunion in Regular Lemmini so If I find a Level I can't solve in Superlemmini because Icho's neolemmix version is different. then you can send me a replay in regular lemmini. But for now, Not yet. but I will let you know. just daily check in the posts for Updates on my Superlemmin version of Reunion.

It's fine, eric. You can go at your own pace and take as long as you need. I'll still be more than happy to send replays upon your request. However, I am missing most of the replays myself, as I didn't bother to save them when I solved them. Compared to Neolemmix, Lemmini doesn't automatically save replays upon successfully solving a level. Thus, one needs to remember to click on "Save replay" every time instead. Nevertheless, it's not a huge problem if I ever need to open up the level and solve it again, as I can easily solve them again. It just won't be as fast since there are no time skips, just fast forward. However, I see that Icho already managed to send you replays, so for the most part I won't need to.

Still, if I see you discussing a level(s) that I think you might be interested in seeing, I'll gladly send mine by replaying them again. I know a couple in the Nightmare rank that have terrible backroutes, although one of them is not really one, just one where I used a glitch to solve it, and it happens to be the very last level of the pack. I was so amazed by my own solution that I saved a replay of it. I did have to solve it again at one point, because for some reason the replay didn't work when I loaded it. It's probably because a new version of Lemmini was released a few years ago and it broke the replay. In any case, I do have a new replay of the level saved from some time ago. It probably still works. I'll need to check.

edit: confirmed. My replay for Nightmare 30 still works. Of course, it'll need fixing when converting to Superlemmini anyway, since the glitch doesn't work in Superlemmini and plus it has a lot of backroutes in its current Lemmini state. I have even forgotten that I managed to save 1 extra.

The other one is easily fixed, but is quite amusing that it got overlooked. It's going to be a while before you get to the Nightmare ranking, so I'll hold off on those for the time being.

Also Kaywhn Icho's solution of "Did every turn left?" is my solution in Superlemmini.

That's fine. You do as you like. I simply wanted to show you the Lemmini miner/blocker trick that makes the level so much easier. Since we have already verified that the trick doesn't work in Superlemmini, it has to be solved another way. The intended way uses all skills anyway rather than so many skills leftover.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:16:16 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 06:19:30 PM »
I just wish I didn't have to fix the levels using 1.43f-c for superlemmini (Exits, traps) otherwise my Superlemmini one would be ready to upload. but since this isn't the case I have to slowly go through them making sure exits works as well as traps.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 06:29:27 PM »
Yes, unfortunately it's a real pain. That's because trigger areas are so much bigger and wider in Lemmini, which explains why, eg, it's so much easier for lemmings to exit. At the same time, this also makes it much harder to avoid traps by building over them, for example. That's why one needs to build up from either the outer left or right in Taxing 4, because it's not possible to solve the level by going through the needle traps area due to the unforgiving trigger areas.

In Superlemmini, I think the trigger areas are smaller and are moved down, which is why most of the levels one needs to adjust the position of the exit so that the lemmings can exit. Similarly, for traps they need to be adjusted so that they function as usual. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2020, 06:29:40 PM »
Also now instead of watching his youtube neolemmix replays, i will just watch Icho's pm replays, as they were for Lemmini and not neolemmix

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2020, 06:39:07 PM »
Also now instead of watching his youtube neolemmix replays, i will just watch Icho's pm replays, as they were for Lemmini and not neolemmix

Yes, it's better this way, as there's so many differences between the levels. I remember a few times from years ago when I wanted to see and compare my solution to a Reunion level, only to find that the NL version is much different from the Lemmini version, and so I couldn't. Also, I remember so many of the Nightmare levels being so tight on time that I wondered whether there are better ways to solve the levels than how I did them by saving more time. Since so many of the timers were removed on the NL version, I can't know for sure if the solution is supposed to be so tight on time in Lemmini. This is where I would love to see his replays for Lemmini, but I'll worry about that later.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2020, 07:14:55 PM »
If you ever want Icho's ones he sent me, I could p.m them to you. just let me know. Even if you don't have time to watch them currently. at least you will have them for future reference use.

EDIT: I P.M.d Icho's ones look in your personal messages.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:53:47 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 07:27:39 PM »
also Now I started rank 3 Go West in Superlemmini. in neolemmix's version it is different too. Lemmini's version is more difficult. Now I'm glad to have his P.M. ones

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 10:07:12 PM »
Thanks a bunch! Indeed, now that I have seen some of the replays several of the levels I really overcomplicated compared to Icho. I like to keep solutions simple, yet it seems that I have the bad tendency to overcomplicate them lol. That's why I like comparing solutions, because then sometimes I'm like, O.o, didn't think of that, oh, the other person's solution is much easier and better than mine, etc. Not always, though. Sometimes I feel like mine is only slightly better, but in most cases I have seen that my solution is much harder. Of course, as I have mentioned many times, I don't consider myself an extreme puzzle solver to the likes of the masters here, I'm just good enough to beat hard levels given enough time. Seems like many here consider me to be really good at solving, yourself included, and I'm honored that people think that, but again I don't consider myself elite status.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 11:13:02 PM »
Your Welcome. Once you get done with United and Icho is happy with your solutions, then I could P.M. you his United ones. But I want you to finish it so the backroutes will be taken to the Satisfaction of Icho. Then You can see his ones, just like the Reunion Ones. I know you mentioned you beat Lemmini's Reunion that is why I figured it was O.K. to give the Lemmini reunion ones.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 11:35:52 PM »
I appreciate it, but that won't be necessary. I'll ask Icho himself to send me them once I manage to get through United. Not to mention that it's a big IF. I'm starting to have doubts that I'll make it to the very end even though I'm now at the halfway point of the final main rank. Of course, you're more than welcome to still collect my replays as I continue to post in his topic, just for comparison. Probably going to take a while anyway. Anyway, I digress, and I look forward to reading your discussions on future Reunion levels and offering my input where necessary since I've seen and beaten all the levels at least twice on Lemmini (I revisited and went through the pack a second time on Lemmini about a year or two after I first beat it). Looking forward to seeing the finished converted pack on Superlemmini.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2020, 11:46:42 PM »
ok, anyways it will still be a while to finish this Superlemmi conversion since I'm only in the 3rd rank and the levels are starting to become harder to do even though I have his Reunion replays. trying to get them exactly to work is somewhat harder. A lot of times precision is a must and sometimes just getting through it with his solution can be a little tricky. I can imagine the last 2 ranks will even be harder.

Note: Also I switched the music pack to neolemmix ones while i'm trying to do the levels. This way I know the neolemmix pack music works. So far so good.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2020, 11:56:47 PM »
Again, it's your project, so take as much time as you need. I'm not in a rush to play this pack on Superlemmini. If I do get through United, I will most likely take a major break or even play other packs by other authors. Yes, a lot of the Reunion levels are nightmarish to pull off on Lemmini/Superlemmini compared to NL, largely thanks to how there's no skill shadows. Most of the time, the difficulty is not in the solution, but rather the execution of it.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2020, 12:18:33 AM »
yes  I will post comments about levels as I go along. but probably as edits. I don't want to make new posts for small comments. So If you want to see anything I would check here sometimes even though it will show farther down the line in the most recent posts.

and at least for now I don't have to deal with timed bombers. that at least will make it easier
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:35:23 AM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2020, 12:35:19 AM »
Yes, I've noticed that you tend to simply edit posts, which I don't have any problems with. Others might have issues with that, but rest assured I don't have problems with you doing that. Like you, to me it feels silly to simply make a new, small post, but that's just me personally. Anyway, I'll stop this back and forth posting and leave you to work on your project in peace. I'll be sure to come back to check on your remarks on the levels from time to time and offer my input/comments on them as I feel necessary. Happy solving and converting! ;)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2020, 01:39:54 AM »
I'm going to still also watch his youtube channel ones as there might be backroutes fixed that I want in levels that are not different between neolemmix's and Lemmini's and are not in his Lemmini packs (ie level 3 rank 3 that I changed to have 2 less builders with a 60/60 save % where his pack was still 59/60).
The Level is the same just that a backroute is fixed. if the level is really different ie should everyone turn left then that's different then I will just go with the Lemmini one.