Author Topic: my superlemmini packs  (Read 2427 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
my superlemmini packs
« on: June 05, 2020, 04:48:06 PM »
re: WillLem

all my amiga packs have been already done for at least 2 months already. All the levels play the correct music (I didn't have to do much in this regard because the ordering was already correct in the pack).  Superlemmini is so much easier to work with and quicker. Here are the listed packs I have in there:

Packs

Amiga                                                                              Dos

lemmings                                                                         lemmings
lemmings (demo)                                                              lemmings (demo) only plays 1 track for all 4 levels of demo:
                                                                                                                                orig_01cancan

oh no more lemmings                                                        oh no more lemmings
Don't think amiga had a demo of oh no                               oh no more lemmings (demo) 5 levels (1 per rank)

xmas 91 (4 levels not just the 2 like in neolemmix)              xmas 91  (4 levels)
xmas 92                                                                           xmas 92

holiday 93 (plays 3 xmas tunes)                                         holiday 93 (plays 2 xmas tunes and orig14tim10)
Don't think amiga had a demo of holiday 93                        holiday 93 (demo) 4 levels

holiday 94 (plays oh no tunes for all 4 ranks 93 and 94)       holiday 94 (plays oh no tunes for all 4 ranks 93 and 94
Don't think amiga had a demo of holiday 94                        holiday 94 (demo) 4 levels

Covox lemmings***                                                          Covox lemmings
Prima Publishing(Companion)***                                       Prima Publishing(Companion)

*** these were I believe for dos only so I play these ones only but I have put the amiga ones in a folder outside superlemmini
so I can put back there easily

Genesis megadrive

Custom Packs

Colorful Arty's Reverse Lemmings
Colorful Arty's Sublems
Dodochacalo's Franlems
Dodochacalo's other packs(Cachapak, Dodopak)
Dodochacalo's Dovelems
Icholotot's Lemmings Reunion
Pieuw's Pimolems
Mobius' Mobilems
Mobius' Revenge of the Lemmings
Ron Stard's Rodents
Zanzindorf's Vol 1 of Zemmings(vol 2 only availiable in Neolemmix due to NL new skills)
Zanzindorf's ZZD Special Pack

External levels (ones that were extra levels didn't come in entire pack) EDIT: I now put these external levels into packs
Genesis extra levels only(47 of them) all playing genesis music
Genesis 2player levels (20 of them 3 which were in neolemmix extra levels) all playing genesis music
Genesis Present (30 levels) all playing genesis music
Genesis Sunsoft (30 levels) all playing genesis music
SNES Sunsoft (5 levels with SNES music although I don't have SNES true version since they were slight larger)
PSP (36 levels) all playing PSP music
Lemmings 2 classic tribe (10 levels) used same music track for all 10
extra levels from neolemmix (amiga)
and 1 other (vacation of gemland dos)
sega master system extra levels (12 levels) all playing sega master system music
and nes, zx spectrum extra levels (which I just finished maybe 2 weeks ago) plays nes (8 tracks they had)
and 1 zx spectrum music track

I also have a notepad saved with difference between amiga and dos levels that were different(No. of lemmings, save %, skill set)
and also these dos ones are different than amiga, dos removed most(but not all) water, lava. which is in my version

also in Superlemmini I know the 2 levels in original lemmings hatch order is already correct, I didn't have to fix.

I haven't got allround to playing oh no or holiday 93 or 93,94 ones yet in either neolemmix or superlemmini only the demo ones.

so as you can see Superlemmini is finished.

if you want any of these let me know which packs or external ones, I can upload.

And unfornutely I don't know java, otherwise maybe I would work on this superlemmini for at least myself since I wouldnt want
Tsyu to say anything.

oh the one thing that's I noticed in original lemmings (Superlemmini), it doesn't have the special level hatch and exit colors.

also I want to mention, when You were first doing the extractions for neolemmix. I was doing them also for lemmix's old players. I
remember posting a while back that they worked in Superlemmini. so I now have those in Superlemmini(amiga) and the dos ones
I got from the .dat files that I use for dosbox ones. Strange though how my dos lemmings demo one says there is supposed to be 100 lemmings(in .dat file) using 1.43f-c but when I play it it says there are 50 lemmings.(????). even the holiday 93 and 94 amiga extractions I have in Superlemmini. all seem ok.

also I think when Tysu gets these levels he extracts them himself. He probably already extracted the amiga ones. I remember posting that he should add SNES ohayo lemmings san. and he said he would also mentioned something about the SNES levels were compressed. so I think when he gets these levels he uses it from a rom including Amigas.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 03:10:13 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: my superlemmini packs
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 07:56:16 PM »
Strange though how my dos lemmings demo one says there is supposed to be 100 lemmings(in .dat file)

DOS Lemmings doesn't support more than 80 lemmings in a level - it crashes. Perhaps later games (like Holiday Lemmings) actually reduce the lemming count if they encounter such a level? Not sure.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 08:12:55 PM »
Have you compiled these into packs for SuperLemmini already? If so, it's definitely worth sharing them - preferably in one topic so players can easily access all packs from one place. Maybe this topic?

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 08:29:55 PM »
Yes. There in packs. I have them already started playing.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 08:32:19 PM »
Yes. There in packs. I have them already started playing.

Cool! Are you happy to share them on here?

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 08:45:05 PM »
Yes. Will start after 5pm pacific

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 09:06:41 AM »
Hey eric, just wanted to report an impossible level from the original Lemmings game Dos pack which I just found out about today while trying to test the timers of Lemmini and Superlemmini. Level 5 You Need Bashers This Time the lemmings don't exit (trigger area too low?), and you're only given bashers in the level, so it's impossible to complete the level.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 10:21:07 AM »
Are you sure?, I've already completed all the original games for both amiga and dos (including replays), the exit's work in mine. I just played the level again, but here is the .ini
file for the level (dos one). Also that would be surprising as I never edited any .ini files for any original games. only ones I had to edit were some Genesis levels that used the Pillar styles as some of them had slits in them. but I never had to fix any traps or exits.

Also you are using the normal styles, right? not the Reunion ones, because those styles will affect packs or maybe you overwritten some from Reunion

Because I have two style folders: one that says styles-normal(for all games) and one style folder that says styles-lemming reunion only(for reunion pack)
so whichever pack I'm playing I set the choice to styles.
Edit: just to be safe here is my normal styles folder that will be used for all games (except Reunion)

anyways here is the .ini's for You need bashers this time. make sure to put both of these in that level directory for dos original game.

The reason there's 2 of them is because for some reason the order was not correct.

also you can upload your 005.ini and lvl0093.ini files to see if they work in my Superlemmini. (I have a feeling your styles folder may be off for non Reunion games)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:11:25 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 06:20:37 PM »
Downloading your styles did the trick. Yes, it must had been when I downloaded the Reunion pack that I extracted the styles to the styles folder in my Superlemmini directory that caused the level to not work anymore. Once I downloaded your styles and put it in the Superlemmini directory, the level worked correctly. Thanks a bunch!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 06:27:20 PM »
yes, that's why when I uploaded the Reunion pack, I put a note in there to backup your normal styles folder, because Reunions Styles will affect your other packs.

Also just keep 2 separate styles folders and you won't have a problem
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 06:49:24 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 07:15:28 PM »
Yea interesting that it will affect other levels in Superlemmini whereas it doesn't in Lemmini. Guess the conversion process is more complicated than it appears. In any case, by downloading your styles the problem was fixed. There wasn't any need to download the ini.