Author Topic: Suggest New Forums  (Read 5799 times)

Conway

Suggest New Forums
« on: July 24, 2004, 06:35:41 PM »
How about a forum dedicated to collaborative stories, as the Off Topic Discussion seems to be overrun with such threads?

Andi

Re: Suggest New Forums
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 07:56:45 PM »
I don't think so. We still talk about other things in Off-Topic and sooner or later these topics will also run out.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 11:01:47 PM »
He means a "Stories" section, like the one on my board. Have a look at the Stories section on my board to get an idea of what Conway's talking about.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Lemeri

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 11:05:39 PM »
(how do you know that's what he's talking about?)

But anyway, I think there is no real need.

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 11:09:57 PM »
I don't see how that would help anything. Anyways, if you were going to do that, you might as well go for a 'games' section, not a 'story' section.

Conway

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 03:15:33 AM »
Well, currently we have,

5 Word Story,

Three Word Story,

Random Story,

The Endless Story, and

The Endless Sentence.

Whereas we only have two threads about other games, one of which is a game itself. I just thought it would be a good idea to give all the collaborative stories their own forum as there are so many, and in my opinion, the Off Topic Discussion looks a little cluttered.

Yes, Steaver, a stories forum similar to yours is what I'm talking about. One where we can create and respond to collaborative stories, and maybe even share short stories we have written.

Any thoughts?

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 02:15:39 PM »
Couldn't we just do that in Off-Topic? Somebody could always start a "Stories we've written" thread or something.

Lemeri

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 05:31:08 PM »
Hmm well, I suppose it does seem more reasonable now that I think about it. We could make it a sub-board of Off-Topic. Even if it only contained all the stories we've allready written, it would be as large as tech or game help, almost as large as general.

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 04:01:42 AM »
I don't like the sub-topic idea. I do like the Stories forum. I'll make a poll to see who wants a "Stories Forum" and also who's against it.

The deadline is October 2, 2004.

I'm also thinking that in the Other Games Forum, you can add Game Help and Technical Help, just like in the Lemmings Forum.

Andi

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 09:59:41 AM »
I don't want to add thousand topics only because we MIGHT use them. I'll only add a new board if we really need it. This forum is mainly a Lemmings forum. And if we have some boards with 7 posts in it it doesn't look well. Let's see what the poll results in.

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 11:56:52 PM »
I still fail to the see the point of having all these new boards, when we can just as well use the others. However, I am not direly opposed to it -- as in, I'm not going to actively stop it from happening. I simply do not see the point.

Andi

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 03:07:04 PM »
Yeah, me, too.

Anatol

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 03:30:58 AM »
I don't really like the story topics. Too bloated. X_X

Conway

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 05:50:32 PM »
I don't read them either. That's why I'd like to separate them from the Off Topic forum.

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 03:07:26 AM »
I see no point in moving them somewhere else but it would be nice to have everything in off topic in atleast two pages.