Author Topic: Lemmings re-make  (Read 49990 times)

JM

Re: Lemmings re-make
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2006, 05:41:43 PM »
Looks good. Can't wait till there's a lemedit version of the level.

Anyway I've re-made my level "Acid bath" a small bit. I just moved the acid a few pixels down.

Download it here
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/ACBATH2.LVL

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2006, 07:31:12 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest) link=1135291547/120#133 date=1137592019
I really got into it and have now remade most of that level:

Wow! That's pretty amazing.... I can hardly tell any difference! I should mention, there is actually a sixth trap (the knife trap) hidden just to the right of the other five on the edge of the metal.

The thin platform added on the left in my screenshot is not meant to be in the level. &#A0;I put it there to show what the max safe-fall distance is. &#A0;The platform is at the highest elevation that a lemming can safely land falling from top of platform. &#A0;Is that all right, or do I need to move parts of the level further up?
Looks fine. The main thing is that even the bottom of the long platform over the exit is higher than the safe-fall distance, which it seems it is.

As you can see, I'm still a bit stumped dealing with the crystal floor. &#A0;It would be extremely helpful if Ahribar can give a general idea of the arrangement of the terrain pieces.
Um, I don't think I can. But if you look at my MichaelBlue style, you'll see there are only two different pieces, but I've turned them upside-down and back to front to cover the whole area with as few pieces as possible.

Oh yeah, and I need the starting screen x position.
I can't tell you as a number, but the right edge of the starting screen is on the rightmost pixel of the bar between the two metal ledges.

JM

« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »
Is there a Custlemm version of the level?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2006, 08:02:11 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar link=1135291547/135#136 date=1137612672
Um, I don't think I can. But if you look at my MichaelBlue style, you'll see there are only two different pieces, but I've turned them upside-down and back to front to cover the whole area with as few pieces as possible.
It's that random?  I would think it is at least a somewhat repeating pattern.

Anyhow, I guess if nothing else it would help to know whether you work out the floor from left to right, right to left, or some other order.  It might also be useful to know roughly what's the ratio of count of the two pieces used.  How often do you use upside-down and how often do you use back-to-front in the covering process?  (FYI, LemEdit doesn't support back-to-front.)

To be sure, I could probably just ad-hoc it; I guess I'm just somewhat fanatical about getting it to look as close to the Cheapo version as possible. ;)  I'll probably use those "embedded crystal shards" as a guide to figuring how the placement of pieces.

I'll put the level up as soon as I get it done, though I'll be at work for a while so not yet.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2006, 08:05:05 PM »
Quote from: JM link=1135291547/135#137 date=1137613486
Is there a Custlemm version of the level?
::) You know, just a few posts back I already explained it is a LemEdit remake of Ahribar's Cheapo level.  So this is the Custlemm version. ;) I'll post the level as soon as it's done.

JM

« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2006, 08:10:50 PM »
Cool. Is it going to be for the Lemmings re-make?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2006, 08:25:24 PM »
Yes.  At least I'm assuming that's why Ahribar posted screenshots of his Cheapo levels.

JM

« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2006, 08:32:06 PM »
Ahribar's levels look pretty good.

CHEAPO RULES!

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2006, 08:54:42 PM »
I just found a backroute for the Cheapo version of "Rhapsody in Blue", @ccexplore, you don't need to care about it though because it won't work for original lemmings:
[highlight]Compress all lemmings except one. Make this one bash to pass the first trap. Use one builder to get over the second and third trap and another one to avoid the fourth and the fifth one. The only thing left you need to do is freeing the crowd blowing up the right blocker.[/highlight]

The pedant in me would like to point out that the H comes before the R; it's pronounced that way too, "A-hri-bar" 8-)
Sorry for that. Seems that I remrembered the name incorrectly. :(

@Leviathan: I might have a look how to increase the difficulty of FANL, but I promise nothing.

Leviathan

« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2006, 09:06:50 PM »
Quote from: geoo89 link=1135291547/135#143 date=1137617682
@Leviathan: I might have a look how to increase the difficulty of FANL, but I promise nothing.

I remade FANL 2 now too,I've became a little bit more expierienced with simulating the thin pieces and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be :)

The irony is that puzzling out how to make the level look almost exact took much more effort than to solve FANL 2 after about 20 failed attempts ;)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2006, 09:08:19 PM »
Quote from: geoo89 link=1135291547/135#143 date=1137617682
I just found a backroute for the Cheapo version of "Rhapsody in Blue"
Clever. Does that avoid the hidden trap too? If so, then all I'll need to do is move it further to the right &#A0;:P

(As you might guess, the purpose of the hidden trap is to prevent a "compression method" solution building over the first two traps with one bridge and the third and fourth with another. It just occurs to me, though, that an alternative (though even more dishonest) method would be to turn the first, third and fifth traps into two traps each on the same location. Or just use a row of six traps, though that would involve changing the appearance, which ccexplore really likes, considerably.)

Sorry for that. Seems that I remrembered the name incorrectly. :(
Eh, don't worry about it.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2006, 09:09:27 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest) link=1135291547/135#138 date=1137614531
Anyhow, I guess if nothing else it would help to know whether you work out the floor from left to right, right to left, or some other order. &#A0;It might also be useful to know roughly what's the ratio of count of the two pieces used. &#A0;How often do you use upside-down and how often do you use back-to-front in the covering process?
It's left-to-right, and for the rest, I can tell you tomorrow morning when I'm on my home computer again.

Leviathan

« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2006, 11:12:40 PM »
Another level,this time in the pink set :)

It should combine 3 tricks:
-blocking lems with builders
-another (easy) method of blocking the lems on the other side
-a very neat basher trick

If there are no backroutes,it could be cathegorized as late taxing/begin mayhem I suppose.

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/bashtr.dat

JM

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2006, 11:15:46 PM »
Leviathan have you taken a look at my level that has just been re-edited?

Leviathan

« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2006, 11:21:16 PM »
Quote from: JM link=1135291547/135#148 date=1137626146
Leviathan have you taken a look at my level that has just been re-edited?

Yep,I'm afraid the problem is still there...it's not your fault but the fault of who-ever programmed the trigger area for that object ;)