Author Topic: Lemmings re-make  (Read 48643 times)

Leviathan

Re: Lemmings re-make
« Reply #300 on: March 21, 2006, 10:27:06 AM »
I think it's better to make a specific thread about the new editor :)

Now,how far are people doing with designing levels for this project?
I believe we have about 15 levels now and we need about 100 :) (some will be repeats)

I'm busy lately with a thesis for school but I still play lemmings whenever I can :)

JM

« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2006, 05:12:23 PM »
Quote from: Leviathan link=1135291547/300#300 date=1142936826
I think it's better to make a specific thread about the new editor :)

Now,how far are people doing with designing levels for this project?
I believe we have about 15 levels now and we need about 100 :) (some will be repeats)

I'm busy lately with a thesis for school but I still play lemmings whenever I can :)

Yeah we should make a different thread about the editor as this thread is about the Lemmings re-make.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2006, 06:19:59 PM »
Is it necessary to create all new levels for this project? I thought originally it was more about compiling the best of everyone's levels into a coherent Lemmings remake with increasing difficulty, etc. But now it seems that everyone is about creating all new levels for it... I feel that if it requires so many new levels, it will never get finished. It's not as if the remake is for "us" really... I mean, those compiling the remake will have had to play the levels to know where they belong, etc., so I don't think many new levels is really a good idea. It would be much easier, and more progress would be made, if we looked for the best levels from each author, arranged them in some interesting progression of difficulty, and compiled that. Then throw in a few new levels at the end to fill in some gaps (special graphics levels, training levels if they're going in, repeats, etc.)

Then, by the end, the Lemmings re-make would be a great thing to advertise for people who maybe just discovered CustLemm and want to check out a well put-together compilation of some of the interesting custom levels out there.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2006, 08:01:57 PM »
I'm not creating new levels  ;)  But then, my levels have up to now been for Cheapo only, so I suppose they are in a sense "new" by being newly remade.

Leviathan

« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2006, 07:02:19 AM »
I think it's OK to select levels from other packs to "promote" them,but we would need a bit more new levels too...let's say like 40 new levels.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2006, 09:34:33 PM »
On this note -- maybe the levels in the harder sets are selected from other people's packs as they are; however, the easier difficulty levels will likely have to be fabricated from scratch. Or, at least taken from other people's packs with different tasks.

In that case, we need levels from other packs that would serve, terrain-wise, as great Fun-type levels. Ideas?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2006, 09:37:54 PM »
I've done a good number of levels that would be suitable for a "Fun" difficulty  :)  Just tell me how many levels you're willing to allocate to my contribution and I'll decide which ones to give you!

MC Marshy

« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2006, 01:58:57 PM »
There's my level for the re-make.

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/CYSTN2.LVL

There was a backroute and a few bugs in the level but now I have fixed them.

Thanks to Leviathan for pointing out these problems  :)

JM

« Reply #308 on: March 27, 2006, 11:37:16 AM »
The level looks better now. Good job ;)

STT

« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2006, 03:05:40 AM »
Here's my contribution to the cause:

http://www.freepgs.com/snapperthetwig/stuff/twigpak1-2.zip

There are ninteen levels there (10 in the first, 9 in the second), with assorted difficulty. Some are quite good, but some arn't so. Have a look.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2006, 10:26:49 PM »
Good, that's what we need-- a jump-start on this thing... looks like we've been just collecting levels and doin' nothing with them.  Or is this sadly cancelled?  I would look forward to a Lemmings game that looks real, but with new levels.

EDIT:  My brother's messing around with the LEMRMAKE.EXE and can't seem to get it to take the Oh No graphics sets.  Any ideas?

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2006, 11:26:21 AM »
*bump*

I think we should work on this again.  It's a great idea.

I'm going to round up all the levels in this topic and try ordering them so that we can see what we still have to make.

I also had an idea of, after we finish the DOS version of this, that we use a modified version of Lemmini (to include the graphics, or blown-up versions of the DOS ones) to make it have a wider audience.

Come on guys, let's go back to this!

EDIT: OMG, did anyone see how a did a septo-post!? (double post with 7 posts)  I'd thought the server went out again so I clicked it over and over.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 27, 2006, 05:26:50 PM »
And IF you do try Lemmix 0.0.3 which will be coming soon.

Leviathan

« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2006, 10:53:50 PM »
Common people, I'dd like to get this project up and running :P

On the other hand, what happened to the CustLem level topic?Isn't it time to make a new topic if the old one keeps crashing?

Greetzz :)