Author Topic: [SUG][PLAYER] A few tweaks concerning modes  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
[SUG][PLAYER] A few tweaks concerning modes
« on: February 27, 2020, 04:12:57 AM »
1. When the game is paused and I restart, I prefer it to stay paused -- firstly because I often want to wipe the slate and start thinking about the level afresh; also because it gives me a way to adjust actions very early in a replay, which is awkward to do at the moment. (Admittedly, if there's a strong objection to this change, I could still tweak NL to get my desired behaviour, by not having a restart hotkey and making R a -10,000 frameskip.)

2. Always exit replay-insert mode when starting a new level or restarting the current level.

3. Fast forward should unpause automatically.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][PLAYER] A few tweaks concerning modes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 08:25:34 AM »
1. I have no strong preference either way on this. Unless there's a strong preference against it, I'm happy to make this change. For reference though: You can use the Edit Replay mode to remove early-actions that are hard to otherwise remove.

2. That should already be the case when starting a new level, surely? Restarting the current level - I'm not sure about that. Again, I'll put this as "I'm open to it", but in this case, it's "if people seem to agree" rather than "unless people seem to object".

3. Agreed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 04:05:58 PM »
2. That should already be the case when starting a new level, surely?

It isn't (tested in 12.8.0). If I input an action, rewind to before it, enter replay-insert mode, finish the level and start the next, the blue R doesn't appear (since no actions are queued) but NL is still in replay-insert mode, as can be seen by inputting an action and rewinding to before it again.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 06:20:37 PM »
Okay - that's a bug then. It's not serious enough to release an update just to fix it, but if a V12.8.2 update happens anyway due to a more-significant bug, I'll put the fix for this in there too. Otherwise, expect a fix in V12.9.X.

(I see you mention V12.8.0 rather than V12.8.1, but I have zero reason to believe any of the changes between those two versions would have fixed this.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 03:39:00 AM »
Fixed in commits 8f65957, 89f0ead and 072cb36 respectively (backported to V12.8 in 41edaf2, f1dea52 and 697a2ea).

In the case of #1, I didn't implement an absolute "it always pauses", but rather, it pauses if the user has the "pause after backwards frameskip" option enabled. (This option is enabled by default.) Additionally, if you don't have this option on, while it won't specifically pause, it will no longer unpause either. Behaviour when loading a replay is unchanged.
My Lemmings projects