Author Topic: SuperLemmini Wish List  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: Feature requests for next version of SuperLemmini
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2020, 05:48:54 AM »
Just so you guys know, SuperLemmini does not and will never support direct drop. (And if I somehow do add it by accident, I will remove it.)

Maybe a better way is for untimed bombers (when enabled) to not be assignable to a lemming in its first 5 or so seconds after coming out of entrance hatch.  This would remove at least that difference that could affect solvability of level.  It doesn't completely remove it because depending on what other tools are available/enabled for skill assignments, and what other moves the solution requires and how precise they need to be, it may not be possible to assign skill to the lemming 5 seconds ago vs now, and vice versa.  But at least it closes an important gap where untimed bombers allow more opportunities to use them that timed bombers can't.
You do have a point there. I could make it so that if a lemming is assigned the bomber skill during the first approximately 5 seconds of spawning, it won't start exploding immediately but instead get a shorter timer first based on the lemming's "age." Then again, this might irritate players who aren't expecting the timer (because it never appeared before, except when nuking). What do you think?

Offline WillLem

• #SaveTheGrenader
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2020, 02:20:51 PM »
Just so you guys know, SuperLemmini does not and will never support direct drop. (And if I somehow do add it by accident, I will remove it.)

Fair enough. I'm guessing this is due to it not being an official game mechanic?

Maybe a better way is for untimed bombers (when enabled) to not be assignable to a lemming in its first 5 or so seconds after coming out of entrance hatch.
You do have a point there. I could make it so that if a lemming is assigned the bomber skill during the first approximately 5 seconds of spawning, it won't start exploding immediately but instead get a shorter timer first based on the lemming's "age." Then again, this might irritate players who aren't expecting the timer (because it never appeared before, except when nuking). What do you think?

I think the simplest and best way around this would be for bombers to always be timed (with a full 5-second timer) for the first 5 seconds of any level, regardless of the chosen option. So - if someone has enabled untimed bombers, the bombers will still be timed for the first 5 seconds, and will then be untimed thereafter.

That way, level creators never need to worry about using bombers straight from a hatch because it essentially won't be possible, and it makes bomber behaviour more predictable for all players.

Great to hear from you again Tsyu. :thumbsup:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2020, 02:58:41 PM »
yes. great to hear from him!

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2020, 05:19:26 AM »
Yes I would like to see backward framestepping as well as neolemmix has it. Not only Me and Willlem either. Also Ichotolot would like it I'm sure.

Having to replay a level from the start is very annoying when you make one tiny mistake. Especially in large levels. I know Icho get's frustrated at this replaying from the start when a mistake occurs, because I've seen him on his youtube channel get frustrated over this too.

Of course I would like to see these climber issues resolved, because climbers always get by one pixel terrain pieces, including crosses and wells. also climbers getting past 3 builder walls two it shouldn't have to take 4 to stop a climber getting past a builder wall. Then off course the external replay items where one can't always pass on replays when it's an external level. once in a while
I even can't see my own replay with an external level.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2020, 11:24:08 PM »
Hey Tsyu, I and WillLem were wondering why one can't use the xmas sprites mod for just a single level. I know one can override it with music by putting it in the level.ini file. But it doesn't work when one puts the mods =xmas in a single level.ini file. Maybe if possible, you can make it, so one can have a pack that has some xmas levels in them so one can apply the xmas sprites mod
for just the xmas levels, instead of the entire pack.