Author Topic: [SUG][PLAYER] Allow re-viewing pre-level texts  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
[SUG][PLAYER] Allow re-viewing pre-level texts
« on: August 26, 2019, 06:27:18 PM »
When I fail a level and retry, it's understandable that the pre-level text doesn't repeat; usually you wouldn't want it to.

But if the player wants to see the text again -- perhaps they're a new player learning the ropes and they want to look again at a trick described in the text; perhaps they're a tester giving suggestions for improving the text -- if they exit to menu and choose the same level, the text should repeat.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][PLAYER] Allow re-viewing pre-level texts
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 07:29:08 PM »
It not appearing again after a full exit to the menu sounds like a bug, to be honest. I don't remember if I intentionally wrote it this way or not, but yeah, sounds like that should be changed.

I also wonder - middle click currently does nothing special on the preview screen. Perhaps a change is possible here: Middle click does the same as left-click, but never skips the preview text.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][PLAYER] Allow re-viewing pre-level texts
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 08:17:56 PM »
Commit 1952E82 addresses both of the above - preview text will be shown again if you've exited to the menu; and you can middle-click instead of left-click on the preview screen, which has the same effect as left-click but never skips the preview text.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)