Author Topic: [BUG][EDITOR] Width/height settings disappear if multiple objects selected  (Read 1532 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Steps to reproduce:
1. Select two objects that are both adjustable in size, for example, two one-way arrow objects.
2. Notice how the width/height edit boxes disappear.

Expected: Edit boxes remain. (Disappearing if a non-resizable object is selected is understandable.) Entering a value affects all objects. An indication, such as displaying no number in the input box or recoloring the box, when the selected objects have different sizes would be nice, but not essential.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
There are the usual problems with implementing this:
1) The values in these boxes are tied to the actual width of the objects. This creates all sorts of problems in this situation: Either the width of both instantly become equal, or both become null, or similar... So I decided to cut the connection between the UI-element and the gadgets in such cases.
2) Displaying no number at all is not supported in the standard C# numberbox.
3) Displaying a different background color would be easily achieved, but given that problem 1) remains...

Currently I don't know what happens when you select multiple resizable elements that have the same width or height. In such cases still displaying the respective boxes would certainly be possible. Not sure how useful that would be, though...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Currently I don't know what happens when you select multiple resizable elements that have the same width or height. In such cases still displaying the respective boxes would certainly be possible. Not sure how useful that would be, though...

In the case that lead to me discovering this issue, the objects I wanted to resize had identical widths and heights, both before and after resizing. (The specific case was multiple one-way arrow walls of the same size, but NOT all facing the same direction.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:59:59 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [BUG][EDITOR] Width/height settings disappear if multiple objects selected
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »
Ok, I now changed the behavior, so that you can change the size of multiple objects simultaneously, provided:
1) You only selected objects and
2) all of them are resizable and
3) all of them have currently the same size.
Let's see if that solves the usability problems or whether I have to do more.