Author Topic: Sad Puppy Lemmings (2017, mobile)  (Read 1044 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Sad Puppy Lemmings (iOS)
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 06:29:06 am »
Yeah, from the sounds of things I don't think I'm even going to try this one. C'mon Sony, you can do better than this.

I wasn't even a huge fan of Lemmings Touch, to be honest. Not to the extent that I regret buying it or such, but it definitely wasn't particularly impressive.
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Offline Raymanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
Re: Sad Puppy Lemmings (2017, mobile)
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 08:05:08 am »
I'm going to try it out for myself, but...
You have an energy meter of 60 and you use 1 energy for each skill use so 60 skill uses before you have to recharge.
It's a mobile game alright, but I'm still not happy about these forced microtransaction things. Let me guess, there are also ads every time you clear a level?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:25:41 am by Simon »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • The king of Blockers ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 04:56:09 pm »
I'm going to try it out for myself, but...
You have an energy meter of 60 and you use 1 energy for each skill use so 60 skill uses before you have to recharge.
It's a mobile game alright, but I'm still not happy about these forced microtransaction things. Let me guess, there are also ads every time you clear a level?

There was no ads when I played.

I agree, I think these microtransactions came out to play on people's impatience not to truly work towards earning things or waiting time to play the game again. I think those younger than us tend to be more prone to them, tends to be a generation who must have everything right now and cannot wait for things.
Don't tell me solutions to levels which I have not solved.

Lemmings: Gotta Go Fast - My NEW (in development) Sonic tileset dedicated level pack :)
SEB Lems - My first level pack (175 levels)
Flopsy's Youtube Channel - Watch Lemmings videos/streams with live commentary
Flopsy's Sonic Graphic Sets - Download Neo Lemmix compatible Sonic tilesets.

Offline Lehnah

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 10:59:23 am »
I actually just wrote a review of the game HERE if anyone wants to take a look (would appreciate it).

I really enjoy the game. Sure, it's different to the original, but the world is not the same as it was in 1991. I'm all for updating games as long as they don't lose their soul, which I don't think happens here. I reckon this game is well worth checking out.

Offline ccexplore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 08:00:09 pm »
Your review link is broken.

Offline bsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 05:36:20 am »
I decided to try Sad Puppy's Lemmings and have been playing it for a week.  If you want a classic lemmings puzzle experience this won't even come close.  However if you just want to take a quick mental jog and save a few lemmings on a break at work then this Lemmings game will do just that.

I think the gameplay of the individual levels is pretty good considering that you are playing on a 3 inch touchscreen with your fingers.  However, ads and monetization are almost everywhere outside of the levels themselves.

I can see the potential that this Lemmings has to be a good game but like almost every game you can get on your smartphone it just had to be monetized.