Author Topic: [Fixed][Bug][Editor] Pressing C sometimes clears selection, not duplicating it  (Read 2416 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I have no idea what the cause of this is; I cannot consistently reproduce the issue. However, sometimes, when I select some pieces and then press C to duplicate them, they are not duplicated, merely de-selected.

The only thing I can say about this is, if it happens once, it's probably going to happen a lot until the editor is restarted. It also seems that once it starts happening, the longer you keep using the editor, the more often the bug will occur, until it becomes almost impossible to use the duplicate functionality at all. But more often than not, a given editor instance will never show this bug, no matter how long you keep using it - it's just that if it occurs once, it will start to occur more and more.

(Note that the claim that it will happen more frequently over time is a subjective (and thus, possibly incorrect) judgement, not based on actual counting of occurances.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 07:35:52 PM by Nepster »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Sorry, but I couldn't find anything in the code that would deselect everything on pressing "C". The only hotkeys with "C" are duplicating and copying to clipboard, and the second doesn't deselect anything.
I will need more info on this bug, before I can fix it: Either some way to reliably reproduce it or some other correlating actions/occurances. So I would encourage everyone having this bug, to report their experiences here. Thanks in advance.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
When the duplicate functionality works correctly, it deselects the old pieces - and selects the new ones. Might the cause be that the "deselect old pieces" is working correctly, but the new pieces don't get placed for some reason, so there's no new ones to select?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Although I still cannot see why the old duplication code could have failed, I have rewritten that part using now a different method to copy the pieces. Let's hope this fixes the problem.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I have not encountered this issue even once since upgrading to editor V1.10.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Ok, then I'll move this to the "Closed" subforum.