Author Topic: [Player][Suggestion] Use level name in automatic replay names if unordered.  (Read 1501 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Topic title limit resulted in a confusing title here. What I mean is: If a rank does not have a levels.nxmi file (and thus, the levels simply get sorted alphabetically), use the level name (as would be done for a standalone level) instead of the rank and level number, when automatically naming the replay.

Alternatively, an option to select between the two naming schemes. Or, I could indeed see a valid argument for "just use the level title, always".

Again, this isn't a big deal for completed packs, but would be very nice for WIPs, especially given the new-formats pack toolkit's lack of a replay manager like the old one had.

Temporary workaround: Place this EXE in your replay folder and run it. It'll read the data in the replay files and rename accordingly. Note that it WILL strip the timestamps or any other unique elements from the filenames, though you can manually add notes to a filename by adding a line #note <text> (without the < >) in the file before running this app. It is more than capable of handling multiple replays for the same level (with or without notes) without trying to assign conflicting filenames. It will only work with NXRP replays, and it might not work with very early NXRP files (those from around the time the NXRP format first came into use). It will definitely work with all new-formats versions, as well as most old-formats versions that use NXRP; it will NOT work with LRB files. (With that being said, if you're for some reason still using old-formats, the Flexi Toolkit's built in replay manager is far superior to anything this tool can achieve - and it supports all versions of NXRP, and even the older LRB replays.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 03:27:45 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
I would prefer one naming scheme, rather than having options to choose from. My suggestion would be
  <rank_name>_<level_name>_<time-stamp>
Some people (like me) like to post their replays grouped rank. This makes it easier to sort them like this and easier to find in general.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Player][Suggestion] Use level name in automatic replay names if unordered.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 10:59:42 PM »
Commit 7395031 implements the "If group is unordered, use level title, not rank and position, as default name." For groups that are ordered, the name remains as-is.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)