Author Topic: [Bug] Pack Toolkit will not save pack contents  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
[Bug] Pack Toolkit will not save pack contents
« on: March 01, 2018, 01:45:09 PM »
V1.3 NeoLemmix Level Pack Tool

Perhaps not a bug, I might not be doing this correctly but I cannot find a way to do this correctly.

I have compiled a pack using the toolkit and I have come to saving it.
I have put 40 levels in the pack (5 ranks of 8 levels each) and I have put 5 custom rank images into the pack.

When saving it says "Please select the folder to save the pack in", it doesn't seem to matter what folder I select I get the error message
I usually select the folder or open it and then click Save when I get the option to instead of Open

"Could not save the pack: The given path's format is not supported"

It means I cannot make any packs using the tool at the moment and I don't know why this is. I might have to compile it manually.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [Bug] Pack Toolkit will not save pack contents
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
That's an interesting bug. ;) The error message comes from an exception (a.k.a. error) thrown by some native C#-call. So you have to give me some more hints about what you are doing:
1) Do you run the pack tool under Windows (7, 8, or 10?) or under WINE?
2) What path do you want to save to?
3) Do you want to save it under "User\Documents" or something similar, or in a directory like "D:\Flopsy\NeoLemmix"?

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 06:45:47 PM »
1. It's Windows 10
2. C:/Desktop/NeoLemmix/NeoLemmix/levels/MegSEGAbytes
3. I don't really understand this question, I don't even type in a path when I save. I just click on the folder I want to save it to then click save.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 05:52:24 PM »
Windows has some weird "folders" like "Desktop", "Favorites" and a few others, that actually do not exists as real "folders" on your hard drive but are aliases, that point to some completely different folder. For example I don't actually have any "C:\Desktop" path, but only a "C:\User\User\Desktop". My current guess would be, that you give the Pack Toolkit such an alias name, but it (currently) cannot properly resolve this alias and takes it as an actual path (which of course does not exist).
So until I get around to fix this bug, I suggest trying to save the pack into some folder that does not contain "Desktop", "Favorites", "User" or "Libraries" in it (and I hope I got the correct English terms for the German folder names I see ;)).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 08:44:20 PM »
(and I hope I got the correct English terms for the German folder names I see ;)).

You did, except that it's "Users" on the English version.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)