Author Topic: [Fixed][Bug][Player/Editor] Flipped/Face Left hatches have a different behavior  (Read 4851 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [Bug][Player/Editor] Flipped/Face Left hatches have a different behavior
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 11:10:23 PM »
So what's the plan now ??? I really want to know what's going to happen with this matter, so we can go on and clean up the conversions to the new format and finally move on creating new stuff.

I still think my suggestion is vastly superior in every matter over the current implementation.

So for now (next update) that would mean:

- Change the action of the "flip" button to the old "face left" for hatches.

As soon as it's ready to be implemented:

- Hatches display their spawn direction in arrow form ~ a few pixels under the trigger point for the levels's starting phase.

Again this way we ensure:

- Stable physics to the previous version and therefore easier conversions with no broken levels/replays.

- Correct shading of the hatches at all time, so it doesn't confuse players and doesn't look like a game/designer error.

- An instant + as clear as it can gets display of the hatches spawn direction. Way more precise than the current odd shading.

- Covering of instances like stacked hatches which spawn in different directions, which the current behavior doesn't.

Also a lot of forum members approve of this solution and prefer it over the current behavior and it was stated here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3711.msg69356#msg69356
that temporal displayings can be possible to implerment.

So a quick clarification about the plans here would be appreciated (even if I am running in danger to be annoying in this matter). ;P

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [Bug][Player/Editor] Flipped/Face Left hatches have a different behavior
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 12:04:42 PM »
I implemented now, that hatches display the spawning direction for the first two seconds.

Regarding the editor: I will keep the flipping of the hatch there, as the editor (currently) has no directional arrows for hatches. However this is purely for the display in the editor - when play(test)ing the level, the hatch will have the normal sprite.

- Stable physics to the previous version and therefore easier conversions with no broken levels/replays.
Well, only in the cases where face left was used with non-flipped hatches. With the changes above, we will now have the very same problem with levels that have flipped hatches: When loading them in the editor and saving again, the flipping will be removed which may break the level.