Author Topic: GigaLem's Blog and Reviews Thread.  (Read 28527 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: GigaLem's Blog and Reviews Thread.
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2019, 11:01:20 PM »
Now with Grapple Force Rena complete, I'll be doing a few things before getting to the extra parts or Let's Play #2

First, I'll need to give a state of the pack 2019 for Millas. In which I will go over what I was able to accomplish, what didn't work out, what didn't work out, what I want to improve and what want to do for 2019.

Second, I'll be working on restoring the missing Master System sets from L++ to their former glory. Marble is already finished, Fire is in progress.

Third, I'll need to finish uploading Bemani Planet with the exclusive stages and cutscenes. Well ones with exclusive themes.

Forth,I need to decide what my next Let's Play will be and I'm currently stumpted on which.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2019, 11:14:42 PM »
Forth,I need to decide what my next Let's Play will be and I'm currently stumpted on which.

What are you choosing between? You could put up a poll to let us decide 8-)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2019, 01:27:35 AM »

What are you choosing between? You could put up a poll to let us decide 8-)

https://www.strawpoll.me/17265163
Thanks for the suggestion Proxima

Here are each of the choices

Choice #1 - This is a breakout clone by reflexive entertainment (now defunct) this does have all the bells and whistles and then some. Power ups, different worlds, and new shapes for blocks. Overall a fun game that spanned 3 1/2 entries.

Choice #2 - A tower defense classic, this game saw many ports (Including Nintendo DS) and a sequel that really needs a PC release IMHO.

Choice #3 - If you remember Marble Blaster or Marble Blast Gold and other entries, this game is essentially a spiritual successor. The initial play through will be short for this. But I will want to revisit this one for any extra stuff from time to time.

Choice #4 - Insaniquarium Deluxe is a game where you take care of your fish, raise money to buy a new egg, all the while stopping the occasional monster from eating all of your fish. I will ask how to handle this lets play if this wins the popular vote. Like how many stages per part.

Now for the honorable mentions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll decide once my master system sets or Bemani Planet stuff is finished.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 10:29:20 PM »
Video
State of the Channel update, basically telling what's to come in the future

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 09:25:50 PM »
Time to begin another Let's Play

This will just be the adventure mode for now for here you go
Part 1:Bloom and Doom

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2019, 03:08:02 AM »
Plants vs Zombies Finale
Now with this lets play done, not only must i prepare for another LP but I do have some other things to do

First, Continue work on the Lemmings Plus III redesigns

Second, plan out Let's Play #3 (already decided)

Third, resume work on Millas

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 12:50:37 AM »
Needless to say, CTR has kept me quite busy....among other things. But saving that for a state of the channel kind of deal.
But today according to the clock on the Lemmings forum, is the tenth anniversary of my registration on the forums

And god was I an idiot ten years ago, then again considering I was a child essentially back then I was bound to mature the hard way and I'm glad I've evolved since then.
I wanted to begin recording Shovel knight today but got pulled away again. But hopefully I can get to work on other stuff soon. I couldn't think of a level for this in time for this occasion. I wouldn't how to design one to celebrate my time on the forum. I don't have the words to explain evolving level design over time. You'd just need to see what works and tweak it from there I guess.

I'm still stuck on what to LP after Shovel Knight, Plants Vs Zombies will resume in the fall because I still got Lemmings and SRB2Kart stuff to work on. For LP#4 I might leave it up to vote again however, no poll for LP#4 until Shovel Knight is finished

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2019, 12:57:50 AM »
The finale to Shovel Knight just went up.

Now I can focus on resuming Plants vs Zombies

Lately I've been trying to update to 12.6 and so far its going steadily. not ready yet but I will be soon ;)

Also While doing a poll I'll be doing a special kind of State of the channel, one where I practice a level for commentary I need to edit the raws for, While playing Crash Bandicoot with Stormy Ascent modded back in, I'll be going over my choices for LP#4. Now I haven't decided all the games for LP#4's poll but All will be revealed when the video goes up.

I'll try beginning production on PvZ's bonus content around September.

With that said I hope you've enjoyed Shovel Knight:Shovel of hope, right now I don't know when I'll be doing Specter of Torment, but regardless It was a fun LP. Until then, see ya for the next one.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »
Plants vs Zombies is back!

Part 11:Shopping Spree

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
I've been a bit silent
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2019, 04:59:26 AM »
I need to get this off my chest, I decided not to post this in the Millas topic because I don't want people to think that the project is cancelled. It's not but I'm going through a rough patch atm and the discussions in the forums are not helping one bit.

I've been a bit silent on this forum probably a while and while I have spoke in the LF discord. I haven't been able to bring myself to talk in the forums with any of the topics because I feel too afraid to. I haven't been as vocal as I want to be with Millas is because I've been very unmovitaded. I dislike having to worry about quite bunch of change so soon even if its experimental its still a daunting task. I do have someone whose willing to help me out. but I have to bring myself to work on the migrating, and migrating from version to version is already an exhausting task and I don't want making stuff for neolemmix to feel like work. I hate all these discussion threads because it makes me think that I have to jump a thousand hurdles in a row and I can't slack off about it. It's almost bringing me to tears. The past week hasn't been fun for me. I feel like I haven't gotten anything done and no matter how much I want to touch neolemmix I worry about touching it too soon. and on top of wanting to do the holiday project I worry about getting ridiculed and because of how my mind works I don't take that as well as one would hope. It could be me second guessing myself but I get nervous about feedback and such because I'm worry it'll come out as a nasty bite with no way of teaching me to improve and it puts me into a indecisive hell. I've never felt like this until now but I'm literally lost. I know I have things to do but, I don't like doing them if I feel pressured about it. I hate working under pressure. And every new update makes me feel pressured. I feel like I leave my guard down too much and I feel under prepared or someone is gonna yell at me for it. I don't know what decision to make now because how unmotivated and afraid I feel. :'(

If anything is gonna get done soon, I'm probably gonna be more silent this month trying to migrate yet again if the next version were to go by, I worry November is gonna be hell.

If there's some good news, I have each of the Raws ready for the QnA video I'll be doing soon and I finally be able to accept Ko-fi payments here