Lix > Lix Levels

Mobius' Lix Levels

(1/4) > >>

mobius:
some new levels (and some old ones)
I miss the days when people made small 10 level packs and shared them quickly back and forth. So I decided to start doing something similar again.

"leftovers" are some levels that I made for the community pack which didn't make it in or may not make it in for various reasons.

"non-tutorials" are 7 brand new levels loosely based off of the L1 tutorial levels.

They probably need a lot of work. The new ones are easy to moderate difficulty.

Forestidia86:
Solved all of your new "non-tutorials" and attached replays.
They were quite interesting and I generally liked them but they felt sometimes quite finicky. (Maybe I was backrouting I don't know). Thanks for making these.
It's only a personal thing but for me it's helpful if it's stated that all levels are solvable or similiar. It's generally clear that the levels are tested before published but having the definite information helps me in solving levels.

Some remarks (click to show/hide)You surely showed your like for runners. They were often in the levels.
"Builder's won't help you here" hit my weakness to imagine a level in advance.
"Now Use Builders and Blockers" was interesting but seemed very precise concerning builder placement.
"A Task for Batters" was rather rough and special if what I did was intended.

I looked in the first level ("Take a giant nose dive") of the "leftovers" but this seems basically like your Cunning level: 37 - "As Good as Dead". The only difference I could see: The exploder is an imploder there. So it actually made it in.

mobius:
thank you!

yes the leftovers; some are present in my version of the community pack but I don't know if I have the current one or if they will remain there. Some are not present. These are all old ideas anyway.

Non-Tutorials:
I forgot to mention these levels are intended to have multiple solutions. Your solution to Task for Batters was very close to mine.  Some interesting solutions there!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)the bomber/imploder should not effect the intended solution to Take A Giant Nose Dive at all.

Forestidia86:
Solved your "leftovers" as well. These seemed rather hard levels to the most part but were interesting as well.

Some remarks (click to show/hide)
--- Quote from: mobius on November 24, 2017, 12:45:56 AM ---the bomber/imploder should not effect the intended solution to Take A Giant Nose Dive at all.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I solved it basically the same way as I did when I played the Cunning levels. It was one of the rougher ones for me in the Cunning rank.

I think I backrouted "Get Behind Me, Satan" but I'm mad at me that I haven't tried what I did earlier. It seems to work in the Vicious variant: 2 - "Conundrum" as well.

"Ascension" reminded me of one of Clam's levels although it's quite different as well.

"Oblique Strategy" had clever puzzles; it really fits its name.

In the "The Whispering Wind" the builder placement was a bit mean.

My solution to "Five Easy Steps" shouldn't work anymore in the Vicious variant: 33 - "Theresa Falls Up the Stairs" since the stairs aren't there steel anymore.

mobius:
thanks again! most of them were intended :thumbsup:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)interesting way to beat eye of the needle to save a climber. IT's basically intended but it doesn't need to be that precise; hence the extra climber and lower save requirement.

get behind me Satan; that is intended; the extra skills are a red herring. I'm not sure why I included this one as I forgot this was staying in the big pack, I think.

ascension has several different ways to solve; they are all similar.

short hand; same thing.

Pinnacle was a major backroute. Without one way walls it's hard to fix.

Interesting alternate solution to whispering wind! I'll let this one as-is; I'm not sure how to fix it. Maybe I'll try.

ON the last one; but I'm pretty certain that terrain platforms have backroutes too. I wish I could just let this level go; it's a mess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version