Author Topic: Some complaints by GigaLem  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Some complaints by GigaLem
« on: November 16, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »
<GigaLem> Well Until I can get someone who can perfectly port to the new format, I'm not upgrading
I know that your levels using the Freedom planet styles need a lot of work. I can totally understand if you don't want to do this yourself, especially as I am the reason for this high workload (with me merging lots of pieces). So if you would like to have new-formats versions of your levels, you can send them to me and I will convert them. I will even fix the ceiling issues.
The only changes you really have to make yourself is fixing levels that currently use radiation or slowfreeze objects.

<GigaLem> is the Starport set available in new format yet?
Yes, it is. I have converted all of your Freedom Planet styles.

<GigaLem> also, you'll need to get the entrances back into the dreadnought set because, they're needed for it
<GigaLem> I'm too affraid to talk to nepster about the dreadnought entrances, because im expecting a big "NO"
I checked again today, but the "gigalem_dread.dat" file does not contain any hatches. If you send me the hatch sprite, I will add it to the "gigalem_dread" style with the next update.
And I never removed anything that cannot easily remade with the remaining pieces, mostly be rotating/flipping the still existing piece correctly.

<GigaLem> I feel like nepster's making the update for him and only him sometimes, and it just ticks me off
If I did that, I would not have asked anyone for their opinions on the forums, and I would have removed backgrounds, disarmers, splat-pads and a lot of other stuff, which I personally don't like but that is still rather simple for new players to understand. And please don't confuse "many posts with one opinion" with "many people having one opinion": We have some very vocal members here (including me sometimes), but I try to balance the opinions of everyone, even if they only posted once.

Finally: If you have problems with anything I do, then please tell me! I might say "no", I might not agree with your point and I might decide against you, but I want to hear your opinion! Ranting in chat, especially when I am not there at that time, doesn't solve any issues!

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: Some complaints by GigaLem
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:33:58 PM »
okay maybe I was blowing things out of proportion, but the graphic set file the entrance, I'm not sure what so here are the entrances

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:01:20 PM »
Thanks for the sprites. But I have one little problem: The 5th sprite reaches two pixels above the top of the hatch, while the 7th sprite reaches right down to the top of the hatch of the next sprite. So I have no idea how to tile this sprite?

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 11:51:50 PM »
They're meant to be that way because the entrance is supposed to shaking before the hole is blown in

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 09:06:18 AM »
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 10:58:20 PM »
No prob. Oh and sorry about my little "Outbursts" earlier. I'm not sure how much longer we need this thread open but still

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »
I added now the hatches to the Dread style and will release them with the next update. Note that old levels using them will most likely make a mess out of the objects when converting them, but there is nothing I can do against that.

No harm done with your outbursts, GigaLem. :) I will close this thread and move it to the "Closed" subforum once the hatches are released with the next NeoLemmix update.