Author Topic: Movies  (Read 57688 times)

Andi

Re: Movies
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »
My friend showed me 2 days ago a french magazine (who knows were he got it from. He doesn't even know french.) where they wrote that it is possible to clone Spiderman. It's also possible to clone Batman, but very impossible to clone Superman. Who wonders about that? :D

Louise

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2004, 05:30:18 PM »
Um, clone them from what? &#A0;:???:

Or do you mean 'create' them?

edit: actually, Batman wouldn't be a problem ... He's just a human with a funny outfit, a lot of money and a load of gadgets. So all you'd really need is the human bloke and a lot of money, which you could spend on the outfit and gadgets. But I still don't see where you'd get a Spiderman from...

Andi

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2004, 08:38:22 PM »
Yeah, you are right. "Clone" is not the right word. "Create" them is better.

Louise

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2004, 08:26:19 PM »
I'm still sceptical about Spiderman. If one existed, it'd be cloneable, but I don't know how you could make one. The wrist rope thing isn't very scientific, for a start.  :-/

Andi

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2004, 09:29:23 PM »
I also wonder about his hands. He's to heavy to climb up walls.

Conway

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2004, 03:46:41 PM »
Anyone seen Brazil?

remline

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2004, 04:26:12 PM »
The movie industry is quite morally corrupt these days... pretty much the only movie I can recommend is A Man for All Seasons (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060665/).

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2004, 05:43:25 AM »
Here are the new movies I seen:

Reign of Fire (Oooooh! Dragons! :P)
Butterfly Effect

I also seen "The Ring" again. What an excellent movie! Did you were stressed the first time you've seen it?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2004, 01:30:34 PM »
Yeah, I saw Brazil... but I didn't like it much. It was another one of those seen during our run of 'bleak future movies'.

Conway

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2004, 04:41:42 PM »
I saw Brazil for the first time last week on DVD, and it's now one of my all-time favourite films ever, tying with Donnie Darko (and a few others)! B)

Didn't you think it was funny when they're sitting in the restaurant and the bomb goes off, and everyone carries on talking as normal? Or when the audio-typist is typing in screams and other sounds from a person apparently being tortured? Or when Sam threatens to shoot Jill with his finger? :D

Of course, there's much more to it than the humour. It's also a hyperbole of how society could become, not technologically, but socially and how formal and commercial everything is, or tries to be. And how every other minute people are expected to fill out forms and receipts for everything, and all the people trying to sell him policies and what-not before he's interrogated! Hilarious!

True, it is also very bleak and creepy, and the ending isn't very pleasant. But I can't help but love it for those aspects as well!

So, how long ago did you see it? Why did you not like it?

G3K

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2004, 05:40:21 PM »
The Ring, Dragonslover? Was it the original Japanese version?

EDIT: I only got to see the first hour or so of the American version; needless to say, I was still a tad uneasy that night :D

Lemeri

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2004, 09:53:47 PM »
I like the torture scene, but other then that, I don't like it all that much.

Louise

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2004, 09:49:08 PM »
So who's seen Farenheight Nine Eleven? Opinions?

G3K

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2004, 09:59:47 PM »
I haven't saw it yet, but I've heard Mr. Moore doesn't mind people distributing it on filesharing networks; may as well try and download it, I enjoyed his previous film, Bowling For Columbine, as it made some very strong points.

Lemeri

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2004, 01:25:59 AM »
Is that the one were the firemen burn the books?