Author Topic: [bug] endgame menu displays wrong message  (Read 1654 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
[bug] endgame menu displays wrong message
« on: October 16, 2017, 10:58:34 PM »
new formats version. see attachment
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [bug] endgame menu displays wrong message
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »
All of the following assumes that you are playing the new-formats version of NepsterLems.

1) Your second message is correct. If you don't save even half of the required lemmings, then it should display the "Rock bottom" message.
2) The first one is indeed incorrect. The reason lies in the text file specifying these messages. Turns out, the order of the messages in this text file is important :lem-mindblown:: It has to start with the least successful message and go on until finishing with the most successful one.
3) This is actually a bug in the new pack toolkit, too. The next version will write the "postview.nxmi" file correctly.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 09:04:25 PM »
That's not how it's meant to work. The "ROCK BOTTOM" message should only display if you saved 0.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 09:41:21 PM »
That's not how it's meant to work. The "ROCK BOTTOM" message should only display if you saved 0.

yeah :-\ I agree ROCK BOTTOM should definitely be reserved for ONLY when you save exactly 0

I didn't check any further; it could be more of them display incorrectly; if the order is wrong.

BTW: this is not only on NepsterLems; this happened when testing my own levels.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »
Thanks. This is fixed for the next update. But I shift the blame for that last bug onto namida :P