Author Topic: New PSP Lemmings Screenshots.  (Read 31536 times)

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Re: New PSP Lemmings Screenshots.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 08:15:05 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/15#27 date=1125597915
3) "Let's Go":  eek!  That's horrible!  It's so, I don't know, tacky?  What's wrong with just a simple sound effect? :???:

I actually think that looks okay, might not be as bad as it seems, but I do also hope that the onamatopoeia is a toggable option.

And on a slightly unrelated note, I've gone and registered on the Team 17 forums. No real big deal...

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 08:18:32 PM »
Speaking of nuking, is there any way to nuke in SNES multiplayer lemmings?

Jazzem

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 09:01:55 PM »
I still think it looks horrible myself, but I am a grumpy old Lemmings purist.

I'd rather they didn't bother with the blood, it ruins the happy, joyful nature of the game, I wasn't perticularly fond of "Oh No!" having every other trap spurt blood out of the lemmings.

I've always found it strange how it never warranted anything above a 3+ rating either. Sure, it's cartoon violence, but it's not the sort of thing Cartoon Network would show.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 09:13:40 PM »
That's true.  I thought of the same thing myself.  But, for some reason, only the trap with the rock really bothers me, not the ones in ONML etc.

Jazzem

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 09:26:01 PM »
Quote from: Timballisto  link=1125415222/30#33 date=1125609220
That's true.  I thought of the same thing myself.  But, for some reason, only the trap with the rock really bothers me, not the ones in ONML etc.

Oh, you mean this one?---> :shutup: (And obviously, I'm not telling you to shut up ;P)

Yeah, that's the worst one for me too, I still don't like the Oh No ones though. That icicle one is pretty gruesome, and it certainly doesn't go well with elevator music!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 09:29:45 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1125415222/30#34 date=1125609961
I still don't like the Oh No ones though. That icicle one is pretty gruesome, and it certainly doesn't go well with elevator music!

Oh c'mon, elevator music? X_X It's not that bad.

I do agree though that something is lost in translation when they have to port the Amiga music to fit the limited sound hardware of PCs of the day.  I'll try to upload MP3s of what the music are really supposed to sound like (Amiga MOD version) someday in the near future.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2005, 09:37:24 PM »
This site http://www.deveria.com/alexis/lemmings/lemmings/music/lemjuke.html has the Amiga versions of the songs. But, since I've never played Lemmings on the Amiga, I don't know if these are reflected correctly. Personally I think a few of the DOS songs sound better than these, but also a few of thse are better than the DOS ones. They seem to emphasize different parts of the music. The DOS focuses mainly on the melody, while the Amiga brings out the harmony/bass/whatever more. Until hearing these versions of the songs, I didn't even notice some of the notes in the DOS ones that should've been brought out more.

Edit: That's for original Lemmings by the way. It seems that you were referring to the ONML music, with the icicle trap and all. But I'll leave the link up there in case people want to listen to those versions.

Jazzem

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 09:52:41 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/30#35 date=1125610185
Oh c'mon, elevator music? X_X It's not that bad.

I do agree though that something is lost in translation when they have to port the Amiga music to fit the limited sound hardware of PCs of the day.  I'll try to upload MP3s of what the music are really supposed to sound like (Amiga MOD version) someday in the near future.

You got the wrong end of the stick mate. I absoultely adore the elevator music, I think Lemmings has an excellent soundtrack (Despite what some may say) and I've got "London Bridge" stuck in my head thanks to the addiction growing back!

What I meant was that the gory death of a poor lemming really doesn't work with Ten Green bottles in the backround. Although I wasn't very elaborate, apologies.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2005, 11:01:21 PM »
"Ten Green bottles"?  Sorry I'm so out of touch with most sorts of music in general, but not knowing any songs with that title, can someone tell me which ONML song is this?  :???:

Conway

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2005, 11:11:22 PM »
The new game is looking reasonably good. I suppose it's a mixed bag. It looks slightly Clones-esque, with the background graphics and the almost too-3D foreground graphics.

I suppose the genuine feel of the original game can only be achieved in low-resolution DOS, with the crappy handling and sound and everything that comes with it.

As was said before, there's no point in making a new game if it's going to look exactly the same as the original. It's not bad considering, and I like the zoom feature. And in the Windows 95 version there was the word-sound-effects toggle, so I'm sure it will be included in this version 10 years later.

Jazzem

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2005, 11:21:07 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/30#38 date=1125615681
"Ten Green bottles"?  Sorry I'm so out of touch with most sorts of music in general, but not knowing any songs with that title, can someone tell me which ONML song is this?  :???:

"Ten Green bottles, standing on the wall, ten green bottles, standing on the wall and if one green, happens-to-fall, then it'll be nine green bottles standing on the wall!"

Of course, the number/colour of the bottles varies.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2005, 11:26:28 PM »
Is that the same theme as the 5th level (5th song really) in DOS Lemmings? The words seem to fit with it.

If it's not one of the ONML songs, you don't have to worry about the icicle trap :P

Jazzem

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2005, 11:31:44 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1125415222/30#41 date=1125617188
Is that the same theme as the 5th level (5th song really) in DOS Lemmings? The words seem to fit with it.

If it's not one of the ONML songs, you don't have to worry about the icicle trap :P

I use the Windows version of Lemmings for ONML, and that doesn't have the ONML music. The green bottle one is the one with the funeral/wedding themes mixed in.

EDIT: *Sniff* Listening to "Oh Bethlehem" on the Lemmings juke box is bringing back some very fond memories. I have to say though, the Acorn Archemedies version appeared to have better music then the Amiga ones if this jukebox is anything to go by.

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2005, 11:32:32 PM »
'Twasn't me, don't think I've ever commented on the music, but I will say that I like the Lemmings 3 music the best out of all the Lemmings games.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2005, 11:36:24 PM »
Ohhhh, right. The Windows version just has the original music. And the 5th one in DOS is the one with the wedding theme in it. Yeah, that is a bit of a happy theme for the icicle traps :P

Which one (on the jukebox) is "Oh Bethlehem"?