Author Topic: New PSP Lemmings Screenshots.  (Read 31535 times)

tumble_weed

New PSP Lemmings Screenshots.
« on: August 30, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »

Bloody hell, the Hell level is looking really nice! I wonder what the exit is going to look like!

and the Egypt levels are looking nice too, very unambiguous, it seems that the column levels were actually intended to be an Egyptian style.

The new design of the skills doesn't really look all that great though, and the "SPLAT" thing looks awful.

Deathman48

Re: New PSP Lemmings Screenshots.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 03:35:55 PM »

Now there's a level we should all recognise. =D

I didn't know there was ever going to be another Lemmings game. I don't plan on getting a PSP though. Looks like there's gonna be a mix of old and new levels.

JM

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 04:16:55 PM »
The screenshots are looking good. Especially the crystal level.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 05:12:19 PM »
There's something very strange and very weird: Digger skill and Miner skill are exchanged. O_o

Also, I don't recongnize the level of the second screenshot (the hell one). Probably it's a new one!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Jazzem

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 09:50:32 PM »
I think it looks horrible myself. It all looks so un-lemmings and the whole thing is a scramble of sprites that are ugly and don't go well together. I also hate the PSP d-pad, and I would hate to use it with Lemmings. Horses for course of course.

If I had/was getting a PSP though, it would be the first game I'd get.

tumble_weed

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 11:34:38 PM »
yeah I agree its not perfect...but its way better than anything i could have expected they would make...but if/when i get a PSP and if/when they release it here I would get it.

Offline Argai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 08:17:41 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1125415222/0#4 date=1125438632
I think it looks horrible myself. It all looks so un-lemmings and the whole thing is a scramble of sprites that are ugly and don't go well together. I also hate the PSP d-pad, and I would hate to use it with Lemmings. Horses for course of course.

If I had/was getting a PSP though, it would be the first game I'd get.

Exactly, Lemmings games have to look like a Lemmings game, not like a modern style 2D game.

Andi

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 08:34:33 PM »
2 good thing: - The umbrellas have now an acceptable size.
                     - I like the egyptian paintings. ^^

Some bad things: - The skill icons are just ugly.
                             - The levels are too "look like 3d". It's just confusing me.
                             - The new Crystal set sucks. I like the old one A LOT more.
                             - The good ol' Trapdoor seems to be gone. It was a very important thing for me to hear at the beginning of a level the gates of the trapdoor opening. Where are the gates?
                              - Ledder? what is that supposed to be? Bricks are much cooler! How do they think of creating a ledder?
                              - The hell set looks like "Burning Voodoo Island".
                              - Somethings says me background of the Crystal set doesn't fit to a crystal mine. More to: "Under the toilette". As well as the rest of the crystal set, but the crystals themself.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 08:47:12 PM »
Quote from: Andi  link=1125415222/0#7 date=1125520473
- The good ol' Trapdoor seems to be gone. It was a very important thing for me to hear at the beginning of a level the gates of the trapdoor opening. Where are the gates?

=8O OHNOS! It's the new high-tech retractible trapdoors we saw in lemmings 2! Everybody, RUN FOR THE OCEAN! :D

And the fallers don't actually look like they're falling, they look like they're finishing off a gymnast move or something.  O_o

EDIT: And I wonder what the pink levels are going to look like.

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 09:33:15 PM »
Quote from: Andi  link=1125415222/0#7 date=1125520473
- Ledder? what is that supposed to be? Bricks are much cooler! How do they think of creating a ledder?

You mean ladder :D
I guess its a replacement of the climber ability.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 09:52:48 PM »
Quote from: Mindless  link=1125415222/0#9 date=1125523995
You mean ladder :D
I guess its a replacement of the climber ability.

I think it's still the climber ability, just that they use the ladder to depict it in the skills toolbar.

It's just like how they are using an ax and a shovel to depict the miner and digger for example.

I'm guessing that since the PSP screen is smaller, it's better if they make the skill icons as distinctive as possible.  The old ones might look a little too similar on a small screen.  But on that note, the blocker and basher icons don't look different enough......  :-/

Jazzem

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 09:55:11 PM »
I hope there's an unlockable option that allows you to use the old look, this is all so lifeless and loathsome!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 11:01:33 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1125415222/0#11 date=1125525311
I hope there's an unlockable option that allows you to use the old look, this is all so lifeless and loathsome!

Well, you can always just play the PC version (CustLemm or Cheapo) for free.  ;P

I can't help but wonder whether we as a group are biased by the fact that we love lemmings so much, the original images of the game are so ingrained into our brains that anything else just seem so alien.  It's curious what people who have never seen or played the original games will think of all this.

DragonsLover said a discussion board was set up for this remake, correct?  What were people's opinions there?  (Of course, there's generally a natural bias towards positive support in these kinds of furms.)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 11:10:58 PM »
Quote from: Argai  link=1125415222/0#6 date=1125519461
Exactly, Lemmings games have to look like a Lemmings game, not like a modern style 2D game.

Unfortunately, no serious modern day game publisher will take the risk of being ridiculed by game magazines and reviewers for graphics from the Jurazzic era.  ;P

That being said, there're certainly other ways to re-imagine Lemmings in hi-res graphics other than what Team7 currently came up with.  I have to say that I'm probably not going to becoming used to this new style for a long long time.  ;P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2005, 11:14:26 PM »
Quote from: Isu  link=1125415222/0#8 date=1125521232
And the fallers don't actually look like they're falling, they look like they're finishing off a gymnast move or something. &#A0;O_o

Yeah, that doesn't look right, although I wonder if it's just because of the stillness of a screenshot.  Maybe in animation it'd look more acceptable.

Then again, maybe they just haven't worked on finalizing the animation yet.  Hopefully.

Jazzem

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 11:15:15 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/0#12 date=1125529293
Well, you can always just play the PC version (CustLemm or Cheapo) for free.  ;P

I can't help but wonder whether we as a group are biased by the fact that we love lemmings so much, the original images of the game are so ingrained into our brains that anything else just seem so alien.  It's curious what people who have never seen or played the original games will think of all this.

DragonsLover said a discussion board was set up for this remake, correct?  What were people's opinions there?  (Of course, there's generally a natural bias towards positive support in these kinds of furms.)

That's a good point actually, and may apply to me to an extent. After all, I do prefer the cursor to be it's natural green colour ;P

Even so though, I think it looks horrible, it's bland, murky and devoid of life, and would think the same if it was for a completely different game.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 11:19:08 PM »
Quote from: tumble_weed  link=1125415222/0#0 date=1125415222
Bloody hell, the Hell level is looking really nice! I wonder what the exit is going to look like!

Don't hold your breath on it.  Just look at the exit for the columns/"Egyptian" style.  Somehow, amidst all the fancy graphics, they decided that a boring, completely straight, black rectangle is adequate material for the main part of the exit.  :-/

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 11:57:03 PM »
Well I say it looks pretty good.   The general opinion here seems to be that it's bad due to the lack of original graphics.  I say it's not bad.  I like the egyptian levels, and the crystal set is okay.  Fire set isn't so great.  It would be good without the skulls.  Yeah, I think I'd like the trapdoor better too.  The skill bar actually looks pretty good to me.  The falling doesn't look quite right.  The splat could become a good feature if it's tweaked correctly and goes with the right sound effect.  It could look a lot different in animation.  There seems to be a possibility of editable foreground objects.  That might be cool.  It could give scenery a whole new definition.

Well there you have it.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 01:06:44 AM »
Is it just me, or does it appear from the "Rendezvous" screenshot that in this version, lemmings can now walk harmlessly along the bottom edge of the screen?

I rather like the new graphics..... there are little annoyances like the SPLAT, though at least Cascade doesn't have a sequel. Don't like the dirt style, though; it's too clean, doesn't have the same aura of imminent menace. And I'm not wild about the new-look exit. I'll still be sticking to Cheapo, but if I could use these new graphics in Cheapo I would! :D

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 02:15:33 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1125415222/15#18 date=1125536804
Is it just me, or does it appear from the "Rendezvous" screenshot that in this version, lemmings can now walk harmlessly along the bottom edge of the screen?

I think it was just a zoomed-in view (an earlier game demo shows you can zoom in and out while playing), so maybe the bottom part was cut off in that screenshot.

Andi

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 12:25:34 PM »
Ah, yes. I meant lAdder. Sorry for that. I didn't recognized it was instead of the Climber because the whole skillbar looked pretty screwed up for me. Maybe you can somehow replace the graphics to bring back the old look.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 12:51:30 PM »
More screenshots again (from the Team17 website)!

For now, I'm back from the Team17 forum, and they're talking about if Lemmings should have blood when killled by traps or not. Or maybe green blood?

For the graphics, most of them are saying that it's beautiful! If you want, I can post anything you want to them.

tumble_weed

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 01:20:30 PM »
WOW looking nice!

the tile levels are intersting...almost look nothing like what it was originally.

and one thing that is making me very annoyed now is that they screwed up majorly...They ruined the Hell exit...I love the original exit for the hell levels, however apart from the exit the hell levels are looking really nice.

One problem in general with the game is that it look like they somehow are trying to mix more realistic type graphics with cartoony graphics...There is a lot of detail that they have put into the foreground...such as the hieroglyphics, but yet the lemmings look just too cartoony, and the SPLAT thing looks extremely out of place.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 01:34:49 PM »
Yeah, looking good again...... for the most part. They MURDERED the Pink style :(

Some of the new levels look interesting, too. But couldn't they have at least got rid of "All the 6s"?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 02:48:53 PM »
Hey! For me, graphics are really cool! That's more realistic and it is not obligated to be the "same" thing, but it should look similar.

For the Pink wall style, it keeps the columns and bricks, really nice Athens style!

For the Hell style, :agree:, the exit isn't so good, but the graphics are so sweeeet! B)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 03:04:58 PM »
The graphics look nice in my opinion. I don't see why they need to look just like the original. I mean, don't we already have the original? They can't take it away from us! ;P

If they are going to make something new, they might as well make it look different. Yeah, the SPLAT, the exits, and the blood don't like so good, but the Egyptian Columns style looks really nice. The skill bar is fine I think.

One thing to keep in mind is that they will mainly attract new audiences with this. Lemmings has been out for 15 years! Tons of little kiddies have been born since then, but many have never experienced Lemmings. Team17 needs to work on attracting a new generation, so of course the graphics will look 3d-esque and/or cartoony. It's still clear what's the foreground and what's the background.

I wonder how it plays, though. Does it play nice like DOS/Amiga, etc. Lemmings? Or does it play in the annoying NES way?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 03:55:39 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1125415222/15#25 date=1125587098
The graphics look nice in my opinion. I don't see why they need to look just like the original. I mean, don't we already have the original? They can't take it away from us! ;P

If they are going to make something new, they might as well make it look different. Yeah, the SPLAT, the exits, and the blood don't like so good, but the Egyptian Columns style looks really nice. The skill bar is fine I think.

One thing to keep in mind is that they will mainly attract new audiences with this. Lemmings has been out for 15 years! Tons of little kiddies have been born since then, but many have never experienced Lemmings. Team17 needs to work on attracting a new generation, so of course the graphics will look 3d-esque and/or cartoony. It's still clear what's the foreground and what's the background.

:agree:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 06:05:15 PM »
Hmm, new screenshots, new comments:

1) Yeah they murdered the old Pink style, but the new one isn't bad either.  It's actually nice how they re-imagine that style.  Ironic that they choose to give it a somewhat "Roman" look, I remembered how Tumbleweed was complaining that one of Hubbart's levels, "Remains of the Roman Empire" or something, should not have used the Pink Style because the Column Style was more Roman-like.  One complain:  the spinner trap in the Pink Style looks ugly!  (Though maybe it's just because of the stillness of a screenshot.)

Maybe the remake of the Pink Style is a blessing in disguise:  imagine the general clean-and-cutesiness of the Team17 graphics in hues of bright, vibrant pink?  That might be a bit much methinks.  :-/

(Oh, and the death animation of the spinner trap looks intriguing)

2) The Hell Exit:  well, it looks about the same as all the other exits.  I still think they could make the doorway part of the exit more interesting than just a black rectangle.  More generally, they definitely can use a little more creativity with the exits I think.  

3) "Let's Go":  eek!  That's horrible!  It's so, I don't know, tacky?  What's wrong with just a simple sound effect?  :???:

In fact, although the "splat" etc. bothers me far less than that "Let's Go", it strikes me as pointlessly redundant ;) to have both sound effects (I'd hope?) and onamatopoeia at the same time.  If it's a cartoonish effect they're trying to create, well I'm not convinced that it's working.  I hope they at least have an option to turn off the onamatopoeia.

4) 666:  Sorry, the original graphics of the 666 kicks the new one to high noon.  In the original 666 you don't notice on first impression the separate terrain pieces that comprises the "6"s, they blend together fairly well into one whole "6".  Here, you can very distinctly see the "6" as a pile of terrain pieces (giant chunks of rock basically) thrown together.  Blergh!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2005, 06:10:02 PM »
Hmm, anyone has a screenshot of nuking?   Can you even nuke a level?

The icon for it certainly isn't there, but then again the "paws" icon is missing too, and that's understandable since console systems have a dedicated pause button anyhow.  Maybe it's just a certain button combination to nuke?

I'm just a little, um, concerned that I'm going to see 80 little "boom" captions strewn across the screen when you nuke 80 lemmings.  Definitely the worst use of onamatopoeia in the game if that's the case.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2005, 06:15:23 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1125415222/15#21 date=1125579090
For now, I'm back from the Team17 forum, and they're talking about if Lemmings should have blood when killled by traps or not. Or maybe green blood?

Well, I don't have a strong preference either way.  Note though that in the original game, one of the traps (the rock squisher trap in the dirt style) does show some blood when killing a lemming, and it's red.

I don't think green blood is right.  Real-life lemmings are mammals after all, so their blood would be red just like ours.  There's nothing alien-y or monster-y about lemmings to warrant green blood, unless they have some concerns about parents complaining about graphic goriness (doubtful, I mean, it's Lemmings! not Doom 3!)

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 08:15:05 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/15#27 date=1125597915
3) "Let's Go":  eek!  That's horrible!  It's so, I don't know, tacky?  What's wrong with just a simple sound effect? :???:

I actually think that looks okay, might not be as bad as it seems, but I do also hope that the onamatopoeia is a toggable option.

And on a slightly unrelated note, I've gone and registered on the Team 17 forums. No real big deal...

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 08:18:32 PM »
Speaking of nuking, is there any way to nuke in SNES multiplayer lemmings?

Jazzem

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 09:01:55 PM »
I still think it looks horrible myself, but I am a grumpy old Lemmings purist.

I'd rather they didn't bother with the blood, it ruins the happy, joyful nature of the game, I wasn't perticularly fond of "Oh No!" having every other trap spurt blood out of the lemmings.

I've always found it strange how it never warranted anything above a 3+ rating either. Sure, it's cartoon violence, but it's not the sort of thing Cartoon Network would show.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 09:13:40 PM »
That's true.  I thought of the same thing myself.  But, for some reason, only the trap with the rock really bothers me, not the ones in ONML etc.

Jazzem

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 09:26:01 PM »
Quote from: Timballisto  link=1125415222/30#33 date=1125609220
That's true.  I thought of the same thing myself.  But, for some reason, only the trap with the rock really bothers me, not the ones in ONML etc.

Oh, you mean this one?---> :shutup: (And obviously, I'm not telling you to shut up ;P)

Yeah, that's the worst one for me too, I still don't like the Oh No ones though. That icicle one is pretty gruesome, and it certainly doesn't go well with elevator music!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 09:29:45 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1125415222/30#34 date=1125609961
I still don't like the Oh No ones though. That icicle one is pretty gruesome, and it certainly doesn't go well with elevator music!

Oh c'mon, elevator music? X_X It's not that bad.

I do agree though that something is lost in translation when they have to port the Amiga music to fit the limited sound hardware of PCs of the day.  I'll try to upload MP3s of what the music are really supposed to sound like (Amiga MOD version) someday in the near future.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2005, 09:37:24 PM »
This site http://www.deveria.com/alexis/lemmings/lemmings/music/lemjuke.html has the Amiga versions of the songs. But, since I've never played Lemmings on the Amiga, I don't know if these are reflected correctly. Personally I think a few of the DOS songs sound better than these, but also a few of thse are better than the DOS ones. They seem to emphasize different parts of the music. The DOS focuses mainly on the melody, while the Amiga brings out the harmony/bass/whatever more. Until hearing these versions of the songs, I didn't even notice some of the notes in the DOS ones that should've been brought out more.

Edit: That's for original Lemmings by the way. It seems that you were referring to the ONML music, with the icicle trap and all. But I'll leave the link up there in case people want to listen to those versions.

Jazzem

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 09:52:41 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/30#35 date=1125610185
Oh c'mon, elevator music? X_X It's not that bad.

I do agree though that something is lost in translation when they have to port the Amiga music to fit the limited sound hardware of PCs of the day.  I'll try to upload MP3s of what the music are really supposed to sound like (Amiga MOD version) someday in the near future.

You got the wrong end of the stick mate. I absoultely adore the elevator music, I think Lemmings has an excellent soundtrack (Despite what some may say) and I've got "London Bridge" stuck in my head thanks to the addiction growing back!

What I meant was that the gory death of a poor lemming really doesn't work with Ten Green bottles in the backround. Although I wasn't very elaborate, apologies.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2005, 11:01:21 PM »
"Ten Green bottles"?  Sorry I'm so out of touch with most sorts of music in general, but not knowing any songs with that title, can someone tell me which ONML song is this?  :???:

Conway

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2005, 11:11:22 PM »
The new game is looking reasonably good. I suppose it's a mixed bag. It looks slightly Clones-esque, with the background graphics and the almost too-3D foreground graphics.

I suppose the genuine feel of the original game can only be achieved in low-resolution DOS, with the crappy handling and sound and everything that comes with it.

As was said before, there's no point in making a new game if it's going to look exactly the same as the original. It's not bad considering, and I like the zoom feature. And in the Windows 95 version there was the word-sound-effects toggle, so I'm sure it will be included in this version 10 years later.

Jazzem

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2005, 11:21:07 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/30#38 date=1125615681
"Ten Green bottles"?  Sorry I'm so out of touch with most sorts of music in general, but not knowing any songs with that title, can someone tell me which ONML song is this?  :???:

"Ten Green bottles, standing on the wall, ten green bottles, standing on the wall and if one green, happens-to-fall, then it'll be nine green bottles standing on the wall!"

Of course, the number/colour of the bottles varies.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2005, 11:26:28 PM »
Is that the same theme as the 5th level (5th song really) in DOS Lemmings? The words seem to fit with it.

If it's not one of the ONML songs, you don't have to worry about the icicle trap :P

Jazzem

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2005, 11:31:44 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1125415222/30#41 date=1125617188
Is that the same theme as the 5th level (5th song really) in DOS Lemmings? The words seem to fit with it.

If it's not one of the ONML songs, you don't have to worry about the icicle trap :P

I use the Windows version of Lemmings for ONML, and that doesn't have the ONML music. The green bottle one is the one with the funeral/wedding themes mixed in.

EDIT: *Sniff* Listening to "Oh Bethlehem" on the Lemmings juke box is bringing back some very fond memories. I have to say though, the Acorn Archemedies version appeared to have better music then the Amiga ones if this jukebox is anything to go by.

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2005, 11:32:32 PM »
'Twasn't me, don't think I've ever commented on the music, but I will say that I like the Lemmings 3 music the best out of all the Lemmings games.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2005, 11:36:24 PM »
Ohhhh, right. The Windows version just has the original music. And the 5th one in DOS is the one with the wedding theme in it. Yeah, that is a bit of a happy theme for the icicle traps :P

Which one (on the jukebox) is "Oh Bethlehem"?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2005, 11:41:07 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1125415222/30#42 date=1125617504
I use the Windows version of Lemmings for ONML, and that doesn't have the ONML music.

Oh I see.

Well then, we are now comparing MIDIs to MODs, which basically boils down to personal preference I think.  And actually, I'd say that the original Lemmings music adapts very well even in the limited sound capabilities of the DOS version too, so I think all 3 are contenders.

I was thinking ONML because I remember either Shvegait or Mindless describing the DOS version's ONML music as "grating".

Incidentally, I'm not sure I agree with the "elevator music" labeling.  My concept of "elevator music" is something that's kinda slow and sleepy, and can easily blend into the background unnoticed when you're doing something else on the elevator like talking or checking the meeting room for your next meeting.

The Lemmings music, original or not, clearly does not fit that description.  ;)

Andi

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2005, 12:15:42 AM »
As for the music, I just like it. I dunno if the music is good and I never even touched an Amiga, but I simply like it.

Blood? Well, looking at some screenshots says me they have overdone it! I can't wait to hear "Lemmings for PSP banned in Germany because of too much blood!" (In that case I would have to force you stop talking about it, or I censor the name. =8O They are going mad here anyway.). Green blood like in Lemmings Revolution? Just weird. A bit of red blood, not too much, would do it alright.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2005, 03:11:41 AM »
"O Little Town of Bethlehem" is track 14 on the jukebox; "Ten Green Bottles" is track 16.

I don't mind the blood -- that boulder trap was always rather gory -- but I agree with ccexplore, the spinning fire trap on the Athens style is hideous. I don't mind that the Pink style isn't the original, so much as the fact that it was the best-looking, most varied and interesting style and they've made it look bland. I do like what they've done with the Columns and Hell styles, though, so it kind of balances out.

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2005, 04:12:41 AM »
Overall, not bad. The only thing that bugs me is that the exits look bad, and the traps seem to be unnecessarily bloody. The zooming in feature looks nice. If I had a PSP it would definitely be the first game I'd get.

PK

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2005, 11:22:21 AM »
Quote from: tumble_weed  link=1125415222/15#22 date=1125580830
...and the SPLAT thing looks extremely out of place.

They're in flux at the moment. The ones in the screenshots are placeholder. The whole visual / audio bits ("let's go" etc.) are being changed or cut...

tumble_weed

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2005, 02:35:35 PM »
oh, good!

Are you someone who is working on the game?

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2005, 03:09:38 PM »
I'd assume (s)he is since, (s)he has a "@team17.com" email address, but you probably noticed that.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2005, 04:04:46 PM »
Hey! PK! Nice to see a Team17 worker here! :thumbsup:

AstralLemming

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2005, 02:25:37 PM »
Amazing. They actually found us.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2005, 12:21:38 PM »
This just looks weird.
Just so you know, the music is actually described by the credits in the game and the manual as elevator music.
Some bits do look alright here, to be fair, but the overall effect doesn't quite look like the lemmings we all know and love...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2005, 02:38:14 PM »
Quote from: finlay  link=1125415222/45#54 date=1128082898
This just looks weird.
Just so you know, the music is actually described by the credits in the game and the manual as elevator music.

That's only true for the Mac version, although maybe it's in the manual in the PC version as well.  (And I guess I haven't checked all the other versions out there either.)

I only found out recently (because I finally got hold of a Mac emulator) that the Mac version of the games have more elaborate credit text.  On the PC version, I'm pretty sure it's just a regular set of credits to the people involved.  The Mac version on the other hand also includes a whole bunch of extra text about the game itself (things like "can you beat them all", "we're not responsible for lost of sleep", etc.)

the overall effect doesn't quite look like the lemmings we all know and love...

But imagine if the idea for Lemmings never came about until last year.  If that was the case then the original Lemmings would have probably looked more like the screenshots here then the screenshots in home.wanadoo.nl/lemmings-solution.  Imagine that.

AstralLemming

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2005, 09:15:18 AM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/45#55 date=1128091094

But imagine if the idea for Lemmings never came about until last year.  If that was the case then the original Lemmings would have probably looked more like the screenshots here then the screenshots in home.wanadoo.nl/lemmings-solution.  Imagine that.

Okay. That is just plain frightening.

Anatol

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »
To add a new perspective to the level graphics...

I played ONML for about a year before I ever played original Lemmings. And when I first saw the original graphics, I was like, "Oh! What kind of graphics are these?!? These are HORRIBLE!" But then I got used to them (as well as the different music B))

Hopefully it'll be the same way with the PSP Lemmings.

Gosh...I haven't posted for like a year!!! =8O =8O

JM

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2005, 03:11:59 PM »
Welcome back Anatol pleased to hear from you :)

I like the screenshots of the New PSP Lemmings. The dirt set level looks pretty cool. I also love the Crystal level. The crystal graphic set is my favourite from the Original Lemmings. My favourite set from ONML is the Bubble set. I also love the extended graphics. Also I like the scenery of the second Level on your Custlemm levelpak where it says COOL on 1 of the sides of the level.

Anatol

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2005, 03:21:02 PM »
 B) Hey! Someone actually played my level pack! :D

Out of curiosity, have you passed them all? It's hard to tell how difficult they are when I made them O_o

JM

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2005, 08:10:30 PM »
I can't remember passing all of them but I always think about the level with the portion of terrain saying COOL. I love that level.

Jazzem

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2005, 08:28:22 PM »
Quote from: Anatol  link=1125415222/45#57 date=1128179308
To add a new perspective to the level graphics...

I played ONML for about a year before I ever played original Lemmings. And when I first saw the original graphics, I was like, "Oh! What kind of graphics are these?!? These are HORRIBLE!" But then I got used to them (as well as the different music B))

Hopefully it'll be the same way with the PSP Lemmings.

Gosh...I haven't posted for like a year!!! =8O =8O

That's a good point actually, I found the ONML graphics a little strange at first. They weren't that dissimilar from the original ones though (In terms of the style), so I adapted.

I just can't bring myself to like this aesthetically. Maybe I'm just a Lemmings purist, but it really has lost all of it's charm for me.

I should let it go though, they had to update the graphics, and I highly doubt that I would've liked them whatever they turned out as.

EDIT: Oh, and I've only been here for a month, but welcome back! :thumbsup:

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2005, 08:49:07 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/45#55 date=1128091094
That's only true for the Mac version, although maybe it's in the manual in the PC version as well.  (And I guess I haven't checked all the other versions out there either.)

I only found out recently (because I finally got hold of a Mac emulator) that the Mac version of the games have more elaborate credit text.  On the PC version, I'm pretty sure it's just a regular set of credits to the people involved.  The Mac version on the other hand also includes a whole bunch of extra text about the game itself (things like "can you beat them all", "we're not responsible for lost of sleep", etc.)

Watch out for SUPERLEMMING!! And all kinds of other crazy stuff. :D I was disappointed when I sat through the entire credits on the Playstation version just to find that it didn't have this.... :(

Oh, and by the way, my manual covers the mac, pc, amiga and atari versions. (although I can't remember if it actually does have this, I just suspect it does)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2005, 11:29:03 PM »
Incidentally, I never seen anything from the Playstation version, do the graphics look just like the Mac or Amiga versions, or does it look a little different?

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2005, 02:18:55 PM »
The Playstation version is very similar to the Win95 version, I can't remember much though, since I haven't had that version for 4+ years.

Maybe Finlay can give a more detailed explanation, because (apparently) he still has it.

Jazzem

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2005, 03:53:01 PM »
As in hi-res Winlemm or low-res? Assuming you can remember that much :P

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2005, 05:16:18 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/60#63 date=1128209343
Incidentally, I never seen anything from the Playstation version, do the graphics look just like the Mac or Amiga versions, or does it look a little different?

It's high-res, unlike the amiga version etc, because it's on a TV screen. But the graphics are noticeably different from the mac version as well, presumably from being done by different people.
Also, the problem you described about the mac version in that you can't quite tell if the lemmings have gone off the edge of something (which, incidentally, I've never noticed) is much much worse on the playstation.
It probably is based off the win95 version--that seems very likely.
Other differences (to the mac version usually, since I don't know enough about the others):
It's missing 6 levels of Lemmings (the four special graphics levels, All the 6's and the Fun incarnation of We all fall down) and 5 of ONML (Tame 17-20 and Superlemming, to my dismay),
Many levels are missing water that goes along the bottom of the screen, which usually just serves a decorative purpose, but it makes the levels look a lot plainer. Call in the bomb squad is even missing the decorative water along the top,
Triple Trouble has 12 builders and Steel mines of Kessel has 20 of everything, much to my dismay again since these were always the hardest to pass, especially the latter, on the mac. otoh, this made them possible to be passed, so it's not all bad.
Also, Come on over to my place: save 40/50, not 100% (yes I am aware that this is the case on the PC),
and The Crossroads: save 70/80, not 100% (although here I actually passed it with 100% anyway so nyah).
And Save Me only required one attempt at the final section (after, to be fair, about 20 or 30 for the first part); it seems to be more lenient here.
Plus, the lemmings walk off the top of the screen, which seriously affects Going Up........, where I had to use an elaborate system of blockers and bombers and stuff, and to a lesser extent Mind the Step, which only needed an extra builder.
But anyway, all that is hardly even worth mentioning when you realise the biggest bad part, namely the builders; their mechanics seems to be completely different, with the net effect that bashing from a bridge is impossible unless the builder is shrugging. This used to keep me from solving Lemming Hotel (Wild 2), although the other day I also used a digger so that the returning builder would stop and solved it in one try, ironically. Building from the very edge is also nigh-on impossible for the high-res reasons that I mentioned before, and that here the builder's feet start in the middle of the first step, not the very edge as I'm used to. This makes Livin' on the edge quite difficult, although iirc the mac only has 6 builders yet the playstation has 10.

Andi

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2005, 09:57:55 AM »
I have the PSX version somewhere. But no PlayStation. xD

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2005, 11:10:39 PM »
Try using a PSX emulator.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2005, 11:36:09 PM »
Quote from: finlay  link=1125415222/60#66 date=1128273378
Many levels are missing water that goes along the bottom of the screen, which usually just serves a decorative purpose, but it makes the levels look a lot plainer. Call in the bomb squad is even missing the decorative water along the top,

That's also true in the DOS version as well, although I'd guess the DOS version did it for memory/performance reasons.  I wouldn't expect the Playstation to have such problems.

Triple Trouble has 12 builders and Steel mines of Kessel has 20 of everything,

That's also true in the DOS version (at least for Steel Mines, I don't remember off-hand about the other one), though I don't really understand why.

That being said, the Mac version is unintentionally harder.  On the original versions (Amiga, PC, Atari), there are 3 terrain areas which are traversable, but on the Mac became extra obstacles due to graphics differences.  Together with Mac's reduction to 80 lemmings out without adjust the percentage to save, and you end up with a level whose difficulty is way out of league with the rest of the game.

This makes Livin' on the edge quite difficult, although iirc the mac only has 6 builders yet the playstation has 10.

I think most versions (DOS, Amiga, SNES, etc.) also have 10.  I'll have to check the Mac version myself tonight.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2005, 11:39:21 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1125415222/60#68 date=1128381039
Try using a PSX emulator.

I'm not sure if there are any available now though.  There used to be this one called "Bleem" or something, but it's commercially sold or something, and later Sony sued them out of existence.

It's kinda weird that someone would have the game but not an actual PSX.  PSX emulators work directly with the game CDs, and since CDs tend to hold far too much content for downloading purposes, it's not too likely you'd be able to download PSX games off a web site.  (Though I can imagine maybe thru a peer-to-peer network you can download that sort of thing.)

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2005, 12:18:02 AM »
[link=http://www.zophar.net/psx.html]Hmm...[/link]

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2005, 12:40:20 AM »
Wow, clearly a lot has changed in the past few years. X_X

Andi

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2005, 06:13:36 PM »
I got it from a friend for collecting purpose. He didn't liked it so he gave it to me.

edit:// xD Corrected the nonesense.

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2005, 07:43:36 PM »
Quote from: Andi  link=1125415222/60#73 date=1128708816
I didn't liked it so he gave it to me.

O_o :D

drumnbach

« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2005, 07:58:52 PM »
What are friends for, eh? :D

Andi

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2005, 10:03:46 AM »
I corrected it. :D

Benefactor

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2005, 07:47:44 AM »
wake up lemnoids, more screenies have arrived

http://pspupdates.qj.net/2005/10/new-lemmings-screenshots.html

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2005, 10:21:04 AM »
Ugh. They're wobbly. Apparently they have something against straight lines...

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2005, 10:47:42 AM »
Always interesting to see the new levels  :D  They seem to have included a mesh terrain on the Dirt style now......

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2005, 12:35:03 PM »
Quote from: guest  link=1125415222/75#78 date=1130062864
Ugh. They're wobbly. Apparently they have something against straight lines...

:???: Maybe you need new glasses?

The only screenshot that has anything "wobbly" is the second screenshot (http://pspupdates.qj.net/lemmings14263_2.jpg), where they apparently made some of the pillars and walls of Mayhem 7 slightly slanted.  The other screenshots all look normal to me.  Your claim about "something against straight lines" seems rather exaggerated if it's only 1 out of all 10 screenshots.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2005, 12:39:18 PM »
Quote from: Benefactor  link=1125415222/75#77 date=1130053664
wake up lemnoids, more screenies have arrived

http://pspupdates.qj.net/2005/10/new-lemmings-screenshots.html

Can you tell us about what those stars on top of the lemmings' heads in http://pspupdates.qj.net/lemmings14263_7.jpg are for?  Or is it a super secret? ;)

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2005, 05:36:53 PM »
For example:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/lemmings14263_2.jpg: The stairs are lopsided.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/lemmings14263_3.jpg: The steel blocks aren't lined up.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/lemmings14263_7.jpg: The stairs are lopsided and the poles supporting them aren't straight.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/lemmings14263_10.jpg: The blocks aren't lined up.

I guess what I meant was that things aren't as regular. There is a lot more variation and apparently only straight lines when they are necessary.

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2005, 05:41:08 PM »
Oops, the colons ended up in the links. Oh well... Just copy the urls and remove the colons.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2005, 09:15:27 PM »
So they are "against straight lines" still less than half the time, not to mentioned that most of the time the deviation is slight (though perhaps that's what makes it all the more noticeable).

I did miss the one with the stairs on #7.

#3 is interesting.  The steel block on the far right, it seems that the top actually does line up with the rest, but what happens is, that steel block cube is more 3D (you can see bits of the top and left sides in addition to the front) than the rest, and so the front face of that cube is out of alignment with the others.

Overall, it does appear that, compared with earlier screenshots, you see a little more of these irregularities in these recent ones.  I think the iregularities at #3 and #10 are especially unwarranted, since the blocks themselves are mostly straight, so the imperfections thrown in seem rather random and unartistic.

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2005, 09:54:03 PM »
Look at #8. It's pretty hard to notice but the steel floor isn't straight.

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2005, 11:58:30 PM »
I agree with ccexplore, #3 and #10 don't look right...
I don't mind the stairs in #2 and #7, though.

Jazzem

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2005, 11:37:40 AM »
The poor pink set  :-(.

I wonder if they'll bring back the special levels (Beast of a level, Menace etc.).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2005, 11:50:30 AM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1125415222/75#87 date=1130153860
I wonder if they'll bring back the special levels (Beast of a level, Menace etc.).

I highly doubt it.  Keep in mind that the special levels used graphics copied straight from other DMA/Psygnosis games (or something like that).  So even if Team17 does decide to throw in special levels, the graphics would more likely come from other Team17 games instead.

That being said, it would be kinda cool to see the special levels remade.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2005, 01:57:01 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/75#81 date=1130071158
Can you tell us about what those stars on top of the lemmings' heads in http://pspupdates.qj.net/lemmings14263_7.jpg are for? &#A0;Or is it a super secret? ;)

I think it means that the Lemmings are athletes.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2005, 06:20:49 PM »
Instead of a single link, here I want to include them:

Benefactor

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2005, 09:42:19 AM »
not straight? lol

either way this game is going to sell like hot cakes on the PSP, lemmings is back!!! woohoo, I think im gonna have some Lemming Cake.

Jazzem

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2005, 10:10:42 AM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/75#88 date=1130154630
I highly doubt it.  Keep in mind that the special levels used graphics copied straight from other DMA/Psygnosis games (or something like that).  So even if Team17 does decide to throw in special levels, the graphics would more likely come from other Team17 games instead.

That being said, it would be kinda cool to see the special levels remade.

Worms Lemmings? Super Frog lemmings? Tasty :D

I'm curious about the level editor, will it be as easy/reliable to use as Lemedit?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2005, 12:16:01 PM »
reliable to use as Lemedit

LemEdit reliable?!?

Well ok, I guess it is pretty reliable once you get past that annoying timer test at the beginning, or if you use a really old machine.

We'll see.  There are no screenshots yet for the level editor.

One thing to note is that a comparison with LemEdit really isn't the most useful thing, since on any computer, there is the automatic advantage of having a mouse available.  (And I guess the keyboard also helps to, for example when you need to type in the title...)  It would be extremely interesting to see how a level editor for the PSP will work......

LU Admin

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2005, 04:55:10 AM »
Lemmings for PSP is looking really good to me.  I've got a PSP, and this will be a reason to start using it a lot more!

drumnbach

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2005, 10:23:17 AM »
[size=14]Wouldn't it be great if PSPLemmings were bundled with editing software for the PC? And then you could load your levels to the PSPs onboard memory via USB...

...bare in mind that I don't know anything about PSP hardware.
[/size]

PK(Guest)

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2005, 03:41:06 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in) link=1125415222/75#81 date=1130071158
br>Can you tell us about what those stars on top of the lemmings' heads in http://pspupdates.qj.net/lemmings14263_7.jpg are for?  Or is it a super secret? ;)

The Stars aren't there anymore, they used to define an "athlete" - i.e. one with both climber and floater attributes. That's done differently now...

tseug

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2005, 01:29:00 AM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in) link=1125415222/90#93 date=1130328961
reliable to use as Lemedit
<br>LemEdit reliable?!?<br><br>Well ok, I guess it is pretty reliable once you get past that annoying timer test at the beginning, or if you use a really old machine.
Lemedit is much more reliable after being hacked. The timer test isn't a problem anymore btw.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2005, 08:59:07 PM »
Here's something that may be interesting! These are artworks of two levels:

Also, I found some good old screenshots, should I include them too?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2005, 08:21:11 PM »
No replies? Nothing to say?

Anyway, here are more screenshots. The bad thing, you'll notice, is that they're a little bit blurry:

Note: The second image is the level editor. ;)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2005, 08:40:27 PM »
3 Fun now has bombers?!?

I love the 9 Fun screenshot, though, with all the lemmings coming out at RR99...... so cute!

And I'm glad you told us that picture was the level editor...... I was worrying how you'd pass that with no skills!  :D

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2005, 08:53:45 PM »
The level editor screenshot is rather useless. &#A0;I mean, you can't even really tell it's the level editor if DragonsLover didn't say it is.

Can someone remind me when (roughly) they're planning to have the game finished?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover link=1125415222/90#99 date=1133468471

Note: The second image is the level editor. ;)
Hold on, if that's the level editor, then what are the lemmings doing in there?  [smiley=huh.gif]

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2005, 09:34:51 PM »
Hum... sorry I meant: This a level MADE by the editor. Small difference. ;)

The next informations are from a French website: Jeuxvideo.com - Lemmings PSP Preview

Here are there:

- 150 levels
- Possibility to download levels
- Level Editor (of course)
- You move the cursor using the directionnal arrows and it focus immediately on the nearest Lemming in an easy way. (Noticed the blank square around a lemming in the screenshots?)
- You can cycle the skills easily by pressing L and R keys and validate.
- A new gameplay called "Special" that include some "Missions"
- Realistic musical instruments
- The original sounds (like the Lemmings95 version) are kept

A bad thing, really bad thing: No multiplayer!

Anatol

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2005, 04:04:11 AM »
- A new gameplay called "Special" that include some "Missions"

Hmm...
That could turn out to be really cool...or really stupid. Hope they do those well.

Larkhil Jo(Guest)

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2005, 11:07:25 AM »

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2005, 03:18:24 PM »
Oh! Hi there, welcome here! :)

Nice preview!

Anatol: It's like Worms. Same thing. In any Worms games, there are missions to do. I'm curious to see what kind of missions Lemmings have to do! Just imagine! ::)

Jazzem

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »
Things are looking up now. The pink set doesn't look too bad (I wish they'd kept it pink), and little references like the lemming statue are great.

The missions mode has got me excited too, I can see it working very well.

Oh dear...Now I have to get a PSP. My bank account just cursed my name as I said that. Well, I may not, but it's tempted me more.

EDIT: Something fairly pointless I've noticed...

The 100ton weight is set much higher!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2005, 09:08:58 PM »
And something I've noticed, you can't any longer fall into the gaps in the "bone" graphic &#A0;:-[ &#A0;So no remaking "Inside the bone" (or my own level "There Were Ten Fat Lemmings") on this version.....

drumnbach

« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2005, 12:01:03 AM »
I think I can just make out a gap in the tallest bone.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2005, 01:21:55 AM »
That's a fact that every graphics aren't the same. This isn't a question of precise pixel for now, but more a question of figure or shape.

Lomay

Jazzem

« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2006, 03:59:01 PM »
Quote from: Lomay link=1125415222/105#111 date=1137858312
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PSP-Lemmings-Game-NEW-UK-Seller_W0QQitemZ8253116614QQcategoryZ91514QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting I think I found the box cover of lemmings PSP

:o That's awful!

Lomay

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2006, 04:31:46 PM »
:o That's awful!

is their a problem?

Jazzem

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2006, 04:41:15 PM »
Yes-the boxart! Good find, but bleugh...

Lomay

« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2006, 04:43:10 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem link=1125415222/105#114 date=1137861675
Yes-the boxart! Good find, but bleugh...
oh dear  :-[

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »
Oh my... &#A0;[smiley=mikescared.gif]

It's freaking... The Lemmings are, for my opinion, very ugly on this cover box! It make me sick! [smiley=mikesick.gif]

Noticed that it's with the same art style of Worms.

Oh, and by the way, good news: There's the official Lemmings PSP website that just open! Enjoy being HERE!!! :) ENJOOOYYY!!!

I have just looked at the History of Lemmings and they do a little mistake when they talk about Lemmings 2: It's "Lemmings Paintball" that is shown instead! :P

Lomay

« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2006, 06:19:15 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover link=1125415222/105#116 date=1137867311
Oh my... &#A0;[smiley=mikescared.gif]

It's freaking... The Lemmings are, for my opinion, very ugly on this cover box! It make me sick! [smiley=mikesick.gif]

Noticed that it's with the same art style of Worms.

Oh, and by the way, good news: There's the official Lemmings PSP website that just open! Enjoy being HERE!!! :) ENJOOOYYY!!!
Lol!!!  :D thanks
and I'm sorry about the ulgy boxart  :-[

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2006, 06:23:30 PM »
WOW! THIS WEBSITE IS AMAZING!!! TAKE A LOOK!!! :D

Videos are sooooo cool!!! ;D

Also, have you tried the Boot Camp? Not so easy! ;)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2006, 01:21:02 AM »
Quote from: DragonsLover link=1125415222/105#116 date=1137867311
I have just looked at the History of Lemmings and they do a little mistake when they talk about Lemmings 2: It's "Lemmings Paintball" that is shown instead! :P
Also, on the screenshot for '90 that talks about the original Lemmings, they actually show a screenshot of an ONML level (Tame 13)!

Lomay

« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2006, 01:27:01 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover link=1125415222/105#118 date=1137867810
WOW! THIS WEBSITE IS AMAZING!!! TAKE A LOOK!!! :D

Videos are sooooo cool!!! ;D

Also, have you tried the Boot Camp? Not so easy! ;)
really cool so far, can't wait for the "behind the game" video  ;D

Leviathan

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2006, 01:34:19 PM »
I can't play the "boot camp"...it always crashes here :(

Jazzem

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2006, 04:51:05 PM »
Anyone seen the interview? How odd! :P

The boot camp isn't much I'm afraid, mostly button bashing.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2006, 06:24:41 PM »
The Boot Camp works well for me! Well... it works under the French language and English language, I don't know the others. :P

Do you have the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player too?

Leviathan

« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2006, 06:35:22 PM »
The boot camp doesn't work no matter which language I take...

I have flash player 7 so it should work.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2006, 06:36:10 PM »
Hah! I have Macromedia Flash Player 8 and it works ok! ;)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2006, 07:20:02 PM »
Yay! I'm 7th! ;D

A little bit more and I was first: I got 12601 points, but just when I wanted to land, the clock was RIGHT at 0 and I died! What a REAL bad luck! >:(

Anyway, I'll retry and retry until I'm the first! Hehe!

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »
The interview never fails to make me laugh a bit.

"I didn't want this job..."

"I mean, nobody likes a health and safety lemming, do they?"

[smiley=mikelaugh.gif]

Lomay

« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2006, 09:01:51 PM »
when is Lemmings PSP coming out by the way?  :-/

Jazzem

« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2006, 09:35:53 PM »
18th of February I think.

How on earth can you score that high DL? I'll admit I'm no wizz at it, but I can't see how the score scope could go that far...

Leviathan

« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2006, 11:41:51 PM »
I got version 8 now and still I get "page cannot be displayed" all the time :(

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2006, 12:03:53 AM »
Strange, I don't know! But it works well for me. I'm using Windows XP Professionnal with Internet Explorer 6. Try to use the same thing than me.

And now, YAAAAAY!!! I'M FIRST WITH 12960 POINTS!!! TRY TO BEAT THAT!!! :D

tseug

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2006, 12:58:17 AM »
I think I can beat that, cheating of course. ;)

Leviathan

« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2006, 01:14:00 AM »
I still get the same error and it's driving me mad :(

Everything of the flash movie WORKS excpt the Boot Camp :(

tseug

« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2006, 05:20:13 AM »
Can you get to the button that says "play"? After you click "play" it should open a new window.

EDIT: Try this, it should take you there directly.

Leviathan

« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2006, 06:04:57 AM »
That works,thanks :)

I always got a blank screen after hitting "play" ;)

I got about 6,500 points the first time but first I couldn't get the lem to move at all in the 100 m ;)

Lomay

« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2006, 07:32:42 AM »
Quote from: Jazzem link=1125415222/120#129 date=1137965753
18th of February I think.

How on earth can you score that high DL? I'll admit I'm no wizz at it, but I can't see how the score scope could go that far...

Jazzem

« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2006, 08:08:05 PM »
I got about 6,500 points the first time but first I couldn't get the lem to move at all in the 100 m Wink

Right, now I'm definately doing something wrong, I'm scoring 5000 and I'm doing all three... Oh, and you may want to click on the window ;)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2006, 08:34:36 PM »
Oh no! I'm now 3rd! CREAK got me 2 times! :(

Anyway, 3rd is still very good! ;)

In the 100m, you have to press on both right and left arrow keys repeatidly and the lemming will run!

6500 points? 5000? Hah, that's not a lot of points! :D

To be in the table of scores, you must have more than 7000 points. I got 12960, that's A LOT!!! :D

You don't know how? Here's a clue:

"You have to lose to get points". That's enough, I don't say more (until you want for me to describe to you, what you should do perfectly)! ;D

Lomay

« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2006, 07:58:04 PM »
I came first in the 100m walk! XD

tseug

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2006, 12:14:40 AM »
I got 6925 the first time (that I successfully completed it). DragonsLover is right about "you have to lose to get points".........

EDIT: 7802

EDIT2: It said 9029 before I hit a bomb! AaaaArRrggGGhhHh!

EDIT: I'm in 60th with 9371.

Lomay

« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2006, 08:03:13 AM »
wait... that boxart of Lemmings PSP that I show'd to you dudes, might be an fake.  [smiley=mikescared.gif]

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2006, 09:43:14 PM »
What makes you think that?

Lomay

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2006, 10:15:04 PM »
Quote from: Chmera link=1125415222/135#142 date=1138398194
What makes you think that?
forget what I said, i'm sorry  :-[

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2006, 09:50:01 AM »
I noticed something weird in the trailer on the official site. Some of the lemmings have RED HAIR.  [smiley=huh2.gif]

Lomay

« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2006, 01:54:44 PM »
Quote from: Chmera link=1125415222/135#144 date=1138441801
I noticed something weird in the trailer on the official site. Some of the lemmings have RED HAIR. &#A0;[smiley=huh2.gif]
I think the red hairs were infact helmet and/or umbrellas

Lomay

« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2006, 01:16:28 PM »
I found 2 pictures from Ebay:

their posters by the way.

Edit: the UK ebay version... that is.  :P

Jazzem

« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »
My local GameStation actually has stickers of the little fellas plastered all over the window, I couldn't help but smile :)

Lomay

« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2006, 03:55:08 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem link=1125415222/135#147 date=1140882108
My local GameStation actually has stickers of the little fellas plastered all over the window, I couldn't help but smile :)
sweet!  :D

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2006, 11:55:10 AM »
I just read this whole section and globally I like the screenshots.
I should say we need a windows program with different skins for lemmings: from plain old DOS to high-res and custumizable graphics.

Jazzem

« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2006, 08:55:53 PM »
This is out today! :)

Anyone getting it? I would, but I'm PSPless and I'm not sure if I want to shell out &#A3;180 for one.

Lomay

« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2006, 10:15:36 PM »

same from Ebay.co.uk

Timmy the Geek

« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2006, 11:40:05 PM »
Now I must get a PSP.  MUST, MUST, MUSSSSSSST!  But my parents won't let me... and I don't have money anyway...  :'(

My friend has a PSP though, and the other day I showed him that DHTML Lemmings game at school, and he says he's gonna buy this and tell me how it is.

Jazzem

« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2006, 12:04:27 AM »

:o Lucky Japs! That's much better than the US/European boxart!

It seems to be selling well on amazon and play.com, we can only hope for an original sequel with completely new levels :) Then I *would* get a PSP for sure, and that's coming from someone who is underwhelmed with the handheld.