Author Topic: Several bugs in the current version of NeoLemmix  (Read 2345 times)

Offline tor

• View Profile
Several bugs in the current version of NeoLemmix
« on: October 06, 2017, 09:20:30 AM »
There are several bugs I found in the current version of NeoLemmix (V11.15.12:B770EBF):
1. The music at the crossover levels isn't the special music for these levels but just one of the regular musics of the Lemmings soundtrack.
2. The hotkey layout has been changed so I can't assign an ability to a lemming using one of the function keys like in the original lemmings game.
3. The game often pauses automatically, when I assign an ability to a lemming.
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Several bugs in the current version of NeoLemmix
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:07:40 PM »
There are several bugs I found in the current version of NeoLemmix (V11.15.12:B770EBF):
1. The music at the crossover levels isn't the special music for these levels but just one of the regular musics of the Lemmings soundtrack.
Yes, this is because the corresponding music files are currently missing. Proxima sent them to me yesterday, so this bug will be fixed in the next update.

2. The hotkey layout has been changed so I can't assign an ability to a lemming using one of the function keys like in the original lemmings game.
When first starting a window "Welcome to NeoLemmix" should have appeared with the option to choose between hotkeys grouped by function and the traditional layout (with abilities on function keys). Did you get this?
Now, you have two choices:
- Change the hotkeys by yourself via "Options->Configure Hotkeys"
- Copy the attached file in the subfolder "settings" and replace the file currently there. This is exactly the hotkey layout that you would have gotten when choosing the traditional layout.

3. The game often pauses automatically, when I assign an ability to a lemming.
I cannot reproduce this on my computer, but suspect that you accidentally hit a pause or a backwards frameskip hotkey (or mouse button) with the unfamiliar hotkey layout.
Please update your hotkeys and see whether this bug still occurs.

Offline tor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 04:42:21 PM »
The window "Welcome to NeoLemmix" don't appears when I starting NeoLemmix.
I download the file you attached, and this solved the hotkeys bug. But than I've discovered another bug: F2 and F3, popups the level select and the configuration windows, even during the game itself, and not only from the main menu.
Also: I forgot to mention that there is a bug with the decreasing and increasing release rate of lemmings. It don't function like in the original lemmings.
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 05:31:58 PM »
These are actually new features getting implemented in the switch to the new NeoLemmix format, from what I understand. Release rate is getting a change where every distinct rate will be different. In the original games, only every other number was different (97 = 98, 95 = 96, and so on). In the new format, every release rate will be different. 99 will still be the same, the new 50 will act like the old 1, and every number lower than 50 will be even slower.
As for the ability to open the options menu and level select even while playing, I believe that is intentional as well. If you've played DOS Lemmings or similar you may be used to having the function keys like F3 be used as hotkeys to select skills... I can see how you might be annoyed when F3 is suddenly opening an options menu instead.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »
options menu and level select even while playing, I believe that is intentional as well

Dialog access during play is a recent feature. The hotkey collision is a bug.

-- Simon

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »
Thanks for the additional feedback. nin10doadict and Simon are completely correct in their statements.

I will most likely fix the hotkey issue via: If the user has set F2 and F3 to some new custom functions, then these are used instead of popping up the level select resp. option menu. I don't want to make opening these menus remappable, because this will create compartibility issues as the hotkeys on the main menu will stay fixed at F2 and F3.