Author Topic: Lemmings 3D Model for 3DS Max??  (Read 3163 times)

Offline BSF-BGP

• View Profile
Lemmings 3D Model for 3DS Max??
« on: September 09, 2017, 02:25:31 AM »
Since i'm using 3DS Max 2011, is there any Lemmings 3D Model??? I can't find it on Google!!!!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings 3D Model for 3DS Max??
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:36:47 PM »
Don't think so. The official 3D Lemmings game used pre-rendered sprites, not actual 3D models. So unless there's a fanmade one out there somewhere... (Actually, maybe Lemmings Revolution or the PS3 / Vita games use proper models? Not sure, and I wouldn't know how to rip them, though.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:32:15 AM »
Don't think so. The official 3D Lemmings game used pre-rendered sprites, not actual 3D models. So unless there's a fanmade one out there somewhere... (Actually, maybe Lemmings Revolution or the PS3 / Vita games use proper models? Not sure, and I wouldn't know how to rip them, though.)

If you want anything from Lemmings Revoluion I'd ask ccexplore or GuyPerfect (if he's still around), they were able to hack the major files of that game, but don't remember how far they got.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 01:35:28 AM »
GuyPerfect was the only one who really got anywhere with Revolution in terms of "hacking" and I don't recall anything about 3D models.  I think whatever information that was worked out should still be somewhere on this forum.

It is super unlikely that even if we can recover any 3D model data from Revolution, that they would be in any of the formats used today like 3DS, simply because those games were quite old and probably had their own proprietary formats.

I would've thought that you would at least be able to find some fan-made ones somewhere out on the web?  Guess not.  Honestly the technology at the time of 3D Lemmings and Revolution are still quite primitive compared to today, it would not surprise me if there are fan-made versions out there that actually look better than if you actually ripped stuff from the old games.