Author Topic: Add L2 skills to NeoLemmix? [DISCUSSION]  (Read 11331 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: Add L2 skills to NeoLemmix? [DISCUSSION]
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:08 AM »
Yeah, transitioning into bashing is certainly important; I was already imagining how you need to make the upward digger lemming a stoner, then send in a second lemming as a climber, have him fall down and assign a glider to him at the right moment so he lands upon the stoner and can bash from there... and that would mean the entire crowd would have to become climbers and gliders, too.

I think the main problem about this is that all the other destructive skills need to have solid terrain under their feet in order to work. That's why already the fencer, the only upward destructive skill we currently have aside from bombers, cancels so easily ;) .
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Add L2 skills to NeoLemmix? [DISCUSSION]
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 01:43:38 PM »
laser blaster
ccexplore's suggestion does sound interesting. Still this wouldn't be my first choice for a new skill atm. It sounds like it may require quite a bit of more thinking in implementing such a skill. It would get way more useful/important if upsidedown gravity was implemented as well.

-----

pourer skills

from Keiran's post: the glue pourer is the most useful, the others having fundamental problems/frustrations. I feel like some of these should be able to be fixed/improved. But I still see the major benefit to the glue pourer over the others; it is quite a bit more powerful at acting over a larger area much quicker. I'm still not sure I'd be happy with a glue pourer in NL exactly or very similar to how it is in L2.

The Slider
I didn't even know about this until after Nepster's poll. In action; it looks very cool and has a lot of potential. I'd like to experiment with this.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain