Author Topic: Tools for converting levels to bitmap?  (Read 9578 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Tools for converting levels to bitmap?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 09:10:03 AM »
Here you go. :)

If you need to use any additional graphic sets other than the ones included (which is all the ones that come with NeoLemmix), just put them in the "styles" folder.

Command line parameters:
-o [path] (Sets ouptut directory; if not set, output dir = input dir for each file)
-bmp (Saves BMP files instead of PNG)
-cpm (Saved images are as the level would appear in Clear Physics Mode)
-nbg (Saved images are as the level would appear with NeoLemmix's "Disable Backgrounds" option activated)

All other command line parameters are assumed to be an input filename (you may give more than one per execution). Aside from that the output path must come immediately after -o, there is no requirements as to what order the parameters / filenames are in. Wildcards ? and * are supported in input filenames.

Compatible with:
- All modern NeoLemmix LVL files
- Most older NeoLemmix LVL files (exceptions: those that use VGASPECs)
- Most DOS / Lemmix LVL files (exceptions: those that use VGASPECs; those that use a non-standard graphic set numbering system), including those that come with Win95 Lemmings

There is no support for (Super)Lemmini levels, and while it might work, I don't think it'll work properly with the NXLV format that NeoLemmix will be transitioning to in the future (if in the future anyone does want an NXLV-compatible version of this, let me know at that point in time).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 12:01:12 PM »
Thank you for coding it! I'll post the complete GUI source code to use it in the following post. I hope I can do it within the next 2 or three days. :laugh:

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »
Ok: this is a very simple functional version of the GUI ready to use, but without parameters for namida's converter (I will change the GUI in the next days for including them via checkboxes and all that stuff). Decompress everything in a folder of your choice, and move there the latest AutoHotkey executable. Once done this, drag LvL2img.ahk onto it and enjoy the program!